Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 06:08 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 2/17/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 02-17-2012, 07:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/181/145

Height: 5'5

Good Morning, Well today is more school work and staying OP. This morning my belly is crying out to me. FEED ME. Wow when does this part stop. I will feed it a IP omelet and hopefully that will help.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:21 AM   #3  
restart 1/14/13

S/C/G: 210/208/170

Height: 5'9"

You're doing great! I drink a lot of water which helps with the belly and FEED Me. Stick with it, it definitely goes away and you look at food differently.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 340/333/225

I had weigh-in #6 on Wednesday and was only down 1.2 lbs. I am pretty boring about my food, pretty much the same thing every week and absolutely no cheating...but I feel like I'm stalling on my weight loss. I still have a lot of weight to lose so I'm a little disappointed, my body just seems stuck at 260...I keep getting on the scale hoping to see something in the 250's and it's not happening.....did anyone else seem to hit a plateau this early on? I limit myself to only 2 restricted's per week and am absolutely not eating anything off plan. Help???
Old 02-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #5  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

I have high hopes that this week will be bring me a good loss, I am hoping that by my next weigh-in on Thursday, I should be back to 201 and hopefully 200 (or less if I dare to dream), this week, I gained 3 pounds even though I did not cheat and stayed 100% OP, luckily I read from others that they have been through this as well, which encouraged me a lot. I am sure it is something hormonal with my body.

Anyway, the day before yesterday, my husband did not go to the gym and felt bad that he did not, so he started doing some push-ups in our living room and when he lost his momentum and said he should do more, I encouraged him to do more and I told him that I will do 50 with him, he laughed and said ''you can't do 50 push-ups, can you?'' I told him that I sure can't do them the way he does, but I can do push-ups on my knees (women's push-up) and slower than he does since he does them so fast, anyway, I started with him and by the time he finished his 50 push-ups, I was at my 30th, lol, but you know what, I managed to finish my 50!!! yooohooo!! Go me ), I felt good, but what is amazing is two days after I feel now so good with my shoulders and I even feel my stomach muscles, so I decided that every other day I am going to include a 50 push-up session into my day! God it feels good.

TGIF, hope everybody is having a good one.

Last edited by sandralosingweight; 02-17-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!!

I only have a nanosecond on the computer while I drink my coffee, but this morning I FINALLY saw the 160's on my scale I don't know what my deal has been, I might have been drinking to much water, but yesterday I decided to only drink when I was getting thirsty and lo and behold this morning I am back to normal. I do drink way to much sometimes so hopefully that helped me and I can find a happy medium.

Hope everyone has a great day today!!
Old 02-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Sandra - What an awesome story!! I love that it's actually about more than numbers on a scale, it's about how we feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey36 View Post
I am in the process of researching ideal protein. I have an appt next week for the initial Consultation- lots of great info on this site. A little nervous about: 1.the initial week (headaches, fatigue) 2. The cost 3. Being overly optimistic about fast and furious weight loss and ending up disappointed -or worse failing all together looking forward to gathering more info and inspiration!
If you work the program IP is great. It's only the first 3-5 days that are rough for most people, and you can get through it. Some people don't have any issues at all it just depends. If you know you're starting though start cutting back on your carbs now so the withdraw isn't so bad.

Yes, it's expensive, but it's an investment. Plus you're not buying as many groceries for yourself so it might not be as expensive as you think. It's an investment. And, if cost is really deterring you there is a whole thread on alternative products that you can use with the IP protocol and many people on here (me included on and off) have lost with great success.

If you stick with it, the weight will come off. The average is 3-5lbs a week for a woman, 5-7 for a man, but that's average. You will have some weeks (probably several) where you're below the average but it will even out again. I know Wuv has been on the plan 9 months and averaged over 3lbs a week.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #8  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
I had weigh-in #6 on Wednesday and was only down 1.2 lbs. ...but I feel like I'm stalling on my weight loss.... Help???
You're doing absolutely incredible averaging 4.6 lbs/week!! I'd be ecstatic with that weight loss rate. I've had some weeks of small weight loss but, have noticed that it catches up later. The scale is not moving for me this week and I'm discouraged but, I know from reading other's post that weight loss will eventually happen again. They always say your body needs a chance to catch up. You're doing great! Congrats to you for the big success so far.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #9  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!!

I only have a nanosecond on the computer while I drink my coffee, but this morning I FINALLY saw the 160's on my scale I don't know what my deal has been, I might have been drinking to much water, but yesterday I decided to only drink when I was getting thirsty and lo and behold this morning I am back to normal. I do drink way to much sometimes so hopefully that helped me and I can find a happy medium.

Congratulations 160s rock !!

Remember to change your ticker, it still says 171

You must be feeling amaaaaazing!! Way to go!
Old 02-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #10  
restart 1/14/13

S/C/G: 210/208/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!!

Funny, I was stalled and couldn't figure out why. I was drinking over a gallon a day. Yesterday, not intentionally, I drank about 1/2 gallon and this morning the scale had me down 2 3/4 lbs!!!! Not sure if it's the water or just a coincidence. I'll drink a 1/2 gallon today and see what happens.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 258.5/203/175

Height: 5'10

I am on the Ideal Protein diet and I had my 6th weigh in yesterday. I started at 258 and I'm now down to 232 and down 15 inches. I absolutely love this site for recipes. Who would have thought you could turn I.P pudding into a muffin or a pancake. My other favorite is turnip or rutabago french fries. I seriously have to have them everyday....soooo good. Last week was challenging, my parents came for a 3 day visit, I went to a wedding so I was worried about the meal at the reception and the temptation of having a glass of wine, and then of course Valentine's Day. I'm proud to say I don't feel like I cheated...other than having to eat regular italian dressing at the wedding. We went to Red Lobster for Valentine's Day and I ordered crab legs and did not dip them in butter (huge change for me) and I didn't eat any of their yummy biscuits either. I love to go out to eat so proving to myself that I can do this without cheating is a huge victory for me. One day at a time.......
Old 02-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #12  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning.

I made it through Day 1 and I must say I am not feeling the best today (head achy, hungry, tired & irritable) but I will stay OP 100%. This morning I had the herb & cheese omelet.. it was delish and it was a nice portion size too :-)

Have a great day everyone
Old 02-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #13  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey36 View Post
I am in the process of researching ideal protein. I have an appt next week for the initial Consultation- lots of great info on this site. A little nervous about: 1.the initial week (headaches, fatigue) 2. The cost 3. Being overly optimistic about fast and furious weight loss and ending up disappointed -or worse failing all together looking forward to gathering more info and inspiration!
I found Ideal Protein in an online search after waking in the middle of the night distraught with my weight. I usually analyze a new idea ad nauseum but, the next morning I called and made an appointment for that evening. I bought the starter kit and figured, I'll research while giving it a go! I am SO GLAD I GOT STARTED RIGHT AWAY!! My only regret is not finding IP 3 months sooner!!

Last edited by sekc14; 02-17-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #14  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning.

I made it through Day 1 and I must say I am not feeling the best today (head achy, hungry, tired & irritable) but I will stay OP 100%. This morning I had the herb & cheese omelet.. it was delish and it was a nice portion size too :-)

Have a great day everyone
Cadu, Hang in there. The first few days can be rough. Your body doesn't like the change. But, it's a change for the better. I have my 4th WI tonight and hope for more good results. It's going to be worth it. Just remember that. There are lots and lots of wonderful people here on this site to support you and give you tips and advice. Plus, all the recipes are wonderful. They make it non-boring and not seem like a diet. It isn't, it's a way of life now.

Good luck. It won't last forever. Stick with us here and you'll make it.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 280/269/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone! Enjoying a nice coffee mixed with my chocolate drink! So satisfying!! Going to go for my run this morning. I think once I hit the 20lb mark Im going to buy myself some new running shoes! Im hoping tomorrow is the day! Weigh in tomorrow! How everyone has an awesome OP day!
Closed Thread