Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 174/155/135

Height: 5'7

Day 6…feeling great and the hunger pains and cravings are over however the only think I can think about is that I don’t get to partake in my ritual Friday night pizza and I’m actually sad about it! I feel frustrated that I’m ‘sad’ about not being able to eat the food that contributed to my weight problem and put me in this spot. Do those feelings go away?
Old 01-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
Maybe I'm kin to the air plant and can exist on nothing?! Lol
Is this the same as when I just look at good food I gain weight?
Old 01-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
So glad to hear that you are having a better day. It is amazing how it just sort of "happens" one day. You can definitely do this! I don't have cravings at all. I will admit there are times where the old habit of social eating tends to creep up but it goes away. For example ~ My families favorite meal is BBQ pizza and I would always eat everyones crust that they didn't (I know sad isn't it) anyways the other night I made it for the fam and I almost reached out for the crust out of habit but I wasn't craving it. Does that make sense? Just wanted to give you a "Happy Day" cheer for getting over the first hump. You are worth it!
~Aimee
I know exactly what you mean. I realized a lot in this first week. I realized that MOST of the time I was eating was out of habit, I was bored or it was in front of me. I've caught myself so many times reaching for the pretzels, pizza, chips. I used to walk into the main office at my job and usually there are bags of chips, pretzels or little munching type foods and I wouldn't even be hungry I would just dig in because it was there.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #109  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
WUV, I still look at it and go that isn't me... funny what makeup and hair can do...
Sent it to my brother with a before and after and he couldn't believe it either. It was a fun day getting all dressed up, hey how is your pandora bracelet doing? all full now? I will have to take a picture of mine and post it... My friend did an excellent job with it, I love it now I have to find more places to wear it.
Happy Friday all.
ROLLER -- you look like a million bucks! You're a new woman! Wow!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaGal1 View Post
Day 6…feeling great and the hunger pains and cravings are over however the only think I can think about is that I don’t get to partake in my ritual Friday night pizza and I’m actually sad about it! I feel frustrated that I’m ‘sad’ about not being able to eat the food that contributed to my weight problem and put me in this spot. Do those feelings go away?
I get the same way... Everytime I've tried a diet I always get depressed in the beginning. I had a day this week where I was sad and depressed about not being able to eat what everyone else eats. But, for some reason, between this site and the money i've spent on ordering food, I can't imagine giving in anytime soon so i just deal with the sadness and know it will be worth it when i'm rockin 140 pounds.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 181/158.8/135

Height: 5'5"

WI today. Loss of 2.4 pounds.. So excited this is weigh in 5 with 15 pounds gone..feeling great no hunger..easy to stick to this!!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #112  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaGal1 View Post
Be prepared and make it about people, not food. Those feelings do go away for the most part once you realize that you can still socialize without eating the food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
I know exactly what you mean. I realized a lot in this first week. I realized that MOST of the time I was eating was out of habit, I was bored or it was in front of me. I've caught myself so many times reaching for the pretzels, pizza, chips. I used to walk into the main office at my job and usually there are bags of chips, pretzels or little munching type foods and I wouldn't even be hungry I would just dig in because it was there.
This is a huge accomplishment. Most people eat out of reasons related to anger, loneliness, or being tired. if you only eat when you are hungry, it's half the battle.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 174/155/135

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
I get the same way... Everytime I've tried a diet I always get depressed in the beginning. I had a day this week where I was sad and depressed about not being able to eat what everyone else eats. But, for some reason, between this site and the money i've spent on ordering food, I can't imagine giving in anytime soon so i just deal with the sadness and know it will be worth it when i'm rockin 140 pounds.

Thanks for the encouragement! It so tough for me to break these old bad habits. I’m traveling next week and I’m already thinking about how I’m going to have to turn down that warm yummy cookie at check-in. I’ve never thought about food this much!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Abuck-- are you using the "milk" in the cereal too? I was able to make 3 small-medium sized pancakes. I doctored it up to my taste -- only one egg white, about a half a teaspoon of baking powder, apple pie spice, dash of cinnamon, oh and I also added about an oz or two of water. Medium heat on my stove. Definitely top 3 favorite things on IP right now.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #115  
Started IP 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 211/196/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
Hello everyone!!

The IP puddings are amazing! There's so much pudding per packet, and it actually fills me up...awesome! Its day 3, and I'm starting to go through carb withdrawl...I can feel it. I'm just hoping I'll start ketosis soon so I can start losing!

A question-is mustard from a container (French's mustard) okay? We were told at the open house that anything with 0 carbs, fats, and sugars was okay to use, but I just wanna check with y'all. Also, what are these "miracle noodles" that people have been talking about? Can they be used in IP for phase 1?

I hope everyone has a fantasical OP day!!
I suggest your buy the miracle noodles! I couldn't find them at a store in my area so I just ordered them online at the miracle noodle website. I purchased the fettuccini noodles because they were out of the angel hair. They do have a different texture that you have to get used to and yes they do smell fishy, but that smell goes away after you cook them and run them under water as wuv said. I think I will get the angel hair next time because that might help the texture issue due to the thickness of the fettuccini. I think they also have a type of rice on the website – I can’t recall 100% because I bought them last spring!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I am glad to see everyone doing so well! I have only been back on IP for 4 days and my clothes already seem to be fitting better! Keep up the great work everyone!
Old 01-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post
Hope you're better soon. I feel your pain (thankfully, not often!). DH is a keeper - don't farm him out, you may never get him back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
ptod - Yikes!! Hope you're feeling better today! And you're right your hubby is a keeper. I remember how important it was when I really realized that my hubby was behind me on this diet and believed I could do it. We were heading home late from church unexpectedly and starving and begging him to pull through a drive through for me (he and the kids ate at church) and when we got home he told me to take a hot bath, threw the kids in bed for me and when I got out had my dinner ready for me. It makes a huge difference to have support (and a cheerleader!!) at home.
I am feeling better all the time. Thanks for the well wishes. Today the medicine didn't cause me to nod off mid-sentence, but I still am not able to do this....

Due to the trip to the ER, there is 1 less secret between us. The intake nurse asked the standard questions - current meds, any allergies, etc. Then the question I knew was coming - do you know your current weight? I almost said "yes, thank you for asking", but I answered him honestly. Gulp - now DH knows. I know DH doesn't care about the number, but it was still hard to say in front of him. So I am going to forget that happened and remember DH saying a few days ago that I was melting away.

NavyMommy - you have your own keeper of a DH - please thank him for me for his service and here is a for you. My DH was Navy - 4 months after we married, he left on a 6 month deployment. Getting photos done is a great idea for him & you too! Plus a wow of a homecoming to look forward to!
Old 01-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 244/231.2/135

Height: 5'5

Default Hungry on day 9??????

Hello all...I am on day 9 and have been extremely hungry all day( more hungry than any other day so far) My stomach has been growling all day. I have no cravings or desire to cheat---my body is just physically hungry. I am following the plan rigidly...exactly as written. Is this normal ??? I emailed the clinic where I go for IP but with the weekend coming I knew I wouldn't get a response. Is it possible I am not in ketosis??? Has this happened to anyone else and if so what did you do about it? Thanks, Alicia
Old 01-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Thanks for the early B-day wishes, it is tomorrow the 7th, it is my brother's birthday too, but her is 1 yr. older. We are going to Ithaca with friends to eat Thai food, hmmmm no rice or curry, I guess stir-fry with veggies.

It feels like midnight to me, tired..... maybe I will sleep good tonite xc
Old 01-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

he. he is a he. I am tired.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #120  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

Today was my first day on IP and I must say it went pretty well. I was worried about head aches and feeling bad but so far so good.
Evening is the toughest time for me so I am trying to stay busy and read posts to keep my mind off food.
I was started on the Alternative plan for a week to a week and a half. I hope I still lose this week and that the extra calories/foods don't mess me up.
Closed Thread