3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Miracle Noodles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/249862-miracle-noodles.html)

CysterLeanne 01-06-2012 01:29 AM

Miracle Noodles

I was reading through the threads and seen that we are allowed to eat the miracle noodles...but I was wondering how many of you have tried them and how do they taste?! Thanks ;)

wuv2bloved 01-06-2012 01:34 AM

They smell fishy when you open them, they pick up the taste of whatever you cook them with. I liked them when I had them but you have to rinse them out A LOT to get the fish smell out

CysterLeanne 01-06-2012 01:40 AM

Oh fishy yuck!!! LOL I guess as long as I could get the smell out of them hahaha!

sarahmayhem 01-06-2012 11:16 AM

i wondered about these too. ...not sure if i could get over the fish smell though haha.

scarmon1118 01-06-2012 11:33 AM

Rinse them really good! I used them last night with my shrimp scampi made with chicken broth and garlic and it was really good. I've also pureed some diced tomatos with garlic and onion powder as my tomato sauce and it was awesome. Give it a shot.... helps to make you feel fuller without adding any calories other than your sauce!

CysterLeanne 01-06-2012 12:09 PM

Sarahmayhem- I was thinking the same thing LOL

Scarmon- Thanks ;) Which chicken broth can we use?

MustangMolly 01-06-2012 12:37 PM

I have also seen that they have Miracle Rice, I'm thinking about giving that a try. I can't buy it locally so I have to get it online and the smallest order is 10 seven ounce bags. I hope I like it!

Busymomx4 01-06-2012 12:40 PM

I like them. I rinse them very well and even boil them for a few minutes.

I usually have them to make spaguetti night, use mircale noodles, ground beef and 1 cup dice tomatoes (no salt) that i purree and 1 cup green peppers. Its a higher in carb meal so i have saturday night (WI day)

Survalia 01-06-2012 01:18 PM

:barf: Miracle Noodles get a resounding no vote from me. Very rubbery, and no taste. A friend told me the Miracle Rice was better, but I have been to chicken to try it.

mompattie 01-06-2012 01:23 PM

They're nasty! Rubbery and gross!

Linden 01-06-2012 02:06 PM

I like them, too. Very adaptable and they soak up the flavor of what you put on them -- like home made tomato, garlic, and vegetable sauce. Rinse well, or soak them in a couple of changes of water, boil as you would pasta to heat them up, and there you go. And they're pretty inexpensive -- 2 LARGE servings per bag -- if you get them in an ethnic store. In Hawai'i I was able to find them in Japanese, Chinese, Okinawan, and Filipino grocery stores, as well as a large local grocery store.

CysterLeanne 01-09-2012 01:02 AM

Thank you all for the responses! There definitely is a difference in opinion, like the WF products LOL. I will try to find them in smaller packages at the Oriental store or a local whole foods store in smaller packages in case I don't like them hahaha! Thanks again ;)

purple sky 01-09-2012 02:05 PM

I think I am going to give these a try. Thank you.

ladysheets 01-10-2012 12:26 AM

I like them. have used them for some time now. tuna casserole,speghetti,shrimp scampi with noodles. They are good in soups too.

great protien with little calorie

RHay 01-10-2012 12:35 AM

I think they are a little tasteless? I always add soysauce in mine lol