Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #121  
Started IP 10/13/11

my coach says sugar free creamers are ok .........
Old 01-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 142.2/122.6/120(115)

Height: 5.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
i feel the same way. I am on day four and a friend of mine is having a party saturday night and I am thinking i shouldn't go. Also, tonight I usually go to my aunts house to watch grey's anatomy and private practice. We alternate who will cook. Usually I make my famous meatballs and spaghetti and she'll make something fatty and good. This week I told her I would eat at home and be over after. She understands... But, my sister started going with us and she doesn't understand. She texted me today and said she made homemade guacamole for tonight. I am nervous because I used to eat guacamole by the gallon (Not really) but it's my favorite. It is going to be hard to watch them all eating it and i can't. I am not going to cheat, I just know that it'll bother me.

So my plan is to bring a pickle and my shake. Hopefully that will work
I started IP the day after Thanksgiving. I work in an environment where sweets were abound. Also holiday parties to include ETOH. Learn what you can snack on. Cukes, celery, herbal teas. You can make Kale chips which really do end up tasting like a potatol chip. Cut up Kale, collards in bite size pieces, spray with olive oil and season of choice. I used ole bay seasoning and place in a 350 oven for about 10 min. and enjoy
Old 01-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #123  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by janniegoingdown View Post
Hi everyone, I just got started on Monday and things are going real good. No cravings, hunger not to bad. I just have a question about Molly Mcbutter. Is it allowed? It is 0 fat, 1 carb doesn't list any sugar and this is for 1tsp. I sure would like to try a little on my veggies. Any one try it?
Technically no because we aren't suppose to eat anything that isn't on the list unless it's 0 fat/ 0 calories/ 0 carbs. That said, for just one carb I wouldn't loose any sleep over that one. Just like my coach says no Splenda, only Stevia, but I use Splenda anyway because I loose just fine with it. Have you tried just tossing some olive oil and sea salt on your veggies? Really good and no fake products on them like Molly McButter.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 142.2/122.6/120(115)

Height: 5.2

Anyone know the answer to flavored coffee beans? Can we have them? According to the manufacturer they have ZERO carbs and sugars?
Old 01-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
it took me a few times to try before mine worked. Its been 7 or so months I don't remember how....lol
Lisa ~ I think I finally got it working. We'll see when I post. Thanks!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie64 View Post
Anyone know the answer to flavored coffee beans? Can we have them? According to the manufacturer they have ZERO carbs and sugars?
As far as I know I wouldn't see why not. I drink Pumpkin Spice coffee just about every day from Green Mountain Coffee. They say their coffee has no added sugar, carbs, calories, anything.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

So thank god for the I phone... I'm at my aunts and there is like massive good here and I forgot to bring my shake. So I'm literally crawling out of my skin. I just wanted to share thought out would make me feel better. Its harder than I thought.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
So thank god for the I phone... I'm at my aunts and there is like massive good here and I forgot to bring my shake. So I'm literally crawling out of my skin. I just wanted to share thought out would make me feel better. Its harder than I thought.
I don't know if you have the read the post yet "Why Not to Cheat" but it definitely gives a better perspective of why just a "little cheat" would be 2 steps backwards at this point. Hang in there and know that everyone here is behind you! Drink water or herbal tea until you get your shake. You can do it!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #129  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

I had my first "official" appointment tonight. The IP center is in a Chiropractor's office and I met with the Chiropractor tonight. I will be turned over to another coach as of Friday 1/13. I asked a ton on questions and it seems like I may have found a good IP location. I was told I would be weighed and measured once a week. She also told me that if at any point I felt like a coach was not informed or supportive to let her know.

I was started on the alternative plan for 1 to 1 1/2 weeks. She said that when you have more weight to lose that if you start with the alternative plan the withdrawal from sugar/food will be less harsh. Honestly I am fine with that. She also said I could break up my protien and have some in a salad at lunch and less at dinner, spread my veggies out so I am not too hungry in the beginning. Funny, I asked about egg whites in addition to the allowed protein and to that she said no. She said 2-3 eggs (the whole egg) can be used as a protien.

I am excited and nervous. I just packed my lunch for tomorrow. I will keep you posted on my progress. I cannot believe how big some of those vitamins are. LOL
Old 01-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #130  

So my day started with a bang! First I threw up after taking my horse pills then lunch came and guess who forgot to pack 2 cups of veggies!! I had to work late (which never happens) I was beat, wanted dinner to cook itself but got all that done and out of the way and took my second set of horse pills and sat down to watch some tv... well well well I ran to the bathroom and lost dinner and vitamins!!
So now that you know how my day went my question is: Is it ok that I do not plan on eating another dinner or taking any more vitamins??

ps. TOM started this morning! BUT I discovered Apple Cinnamon Soy Snacks!!! Just what I needed after my day It's all good but seriously I am not eating dinner or taking any more vities today!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Default You're not alone Sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmon1118 View Post
Good evening all!!! I haven't posted in awhile so I figured it was time. I'm so excited that I have almost hit my 50lbs mark in only 3 months!! It's insane... I almost cried when I went into Ann Taylor Loft with my sister and I was actually able to buy clothes there!!

One thing that I am finding is that I can't look in the mirror and see the change. I know my clothes are fitting better but I just don't see it... I have a very distorted body image from childhood thanks to some mean people. Does anyone else have this issue??
At one time I lost 72 pounds and went to buy new jeans with some friends. I went right to the size 16s. Too big. 14s - too big. Friends kept telling me the sizes I picked would be too big. I thought they were crazy. I ended up in size 9 jeans. NEVER in my life had I been a size 9. THEY saw it - I could not. Our minds can do strange things to us. So can mean people.

Take pictures and measure yourself. That will be proof. I still have to look at pictures to understand where I was and where I am now.

Susie
Old 01-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 244/231.2/135

Height: 5'5

Default Newbie on Day 8

Hello everyone. I have been visiting this site for several days and reading lots of posts and threads but haven't yet figured out how to post something...so here goes.

I am on Day 8 and feeling great!

When I am hungry or bored, I like to read posts about Ideal Protein (this thread and others). It REALLY helps to hear about all of your successes and struggles. It empowers me and gives me strength to keep on keepin' on.

My first weigh in showed a loss of 4.6 pounds after six days (and in the afternoon AFTER drinking about 120 oz. of water!!!). I was slightly disappointed because I had been PERFECT for the 6 days. Not one deviation, everything by the book. I had hoped to be those incredible people who lose 10 or more pounds the first week. Don't get me wrong...I am still happy with 4.6 pounds!!!!

One thing I have noticed since beginning Ideal Protein is that I am almost MORE proud of staying OP for 8 days with NO CHEATS than I am of the weight loss. It feels good to be in control of food...I have let it control me for way too long!

Thanks to all of you for sharing and letting me soak up your experience
Old 01-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #133  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie64 View Post
I drink the flavored coffee every morning with my apple cinnamon puffs, so I would say yes its fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardengurl71 View Post
Hello everyone. I have been visiting this site for several days and reading lots of posts and threads but haven't yet figured out how to post something...so here goes.

I am on Day 8 and feeling great!

When I am hungry or bored, I like to read posts about Ideal Protein (this thread and others). It REALLY helps to hear about all of your successes and struggles. It empowers me and gives me strength to keep on keepin' on.

My first weigh in showed a loss of 4.6 pounds after six days (and in the afternoon AFTER drinking about 120 oz. of water!!!). I was slightly disappointed because I had been PERFECT for the 6 days. Not one deviation, everything by the book. I had hoped to be those incredible people who lose 10 or more pounds the first week. Don't get me wrong...I am still happy with 4.6 pounds!!!!

One thing I have noticed since beginning Ideal Protein is that I am almost MORE proud of staying OP for 8 days with NO CHEATS than I am of the weight loss. It feels good to be in control of food...I have let it control me for way too long!

Thanks to all of you for sharing and letting me soak up your experience
And just to think, this is how you feel after 8 days, imagine how you will feel in 8 weeks!!.....your whole life will change for the better!..Keep up the great work!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Alright chicks--- so I finally have a budget down for all the food I need for this diet--- but buying these dog gone vitamins kill me-- has anyone taken or found anything to take alternatively? I'm so nervous to deviate at all but seriously $23 PER BOTTLE??!! Sheesh. I've been a stay at home mom to my 6 month old, and I've been planning on keepin that title but I just got a part time job basically to support this diet. It's really pulling at our finances. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:50 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
I don't know if you have the read the post yet "Why Not to Cheat" but it definitely gives a better perspective of why just a "little cheat" would be 2 steps backwards at this point. Hang in there and know that everyone here is behind you! Drink water or herbal tea until you get your shake. You can do it!
i survived! thank god! I made it through the night without cheating and after i stopped focusing on it so much ... it didn't really bother me!
Closed Thread