Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 287/144/150

WI today another 5.8 lbs gone . I really needed to hear that the last 2 wks were very low numbers.
Hope everyone has a good day
Old 01-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
Question: My GF is doing IP through a coach and they are only going to measure her every 8 weeks. Is this normal? I thought you get weighed AND measured every week.
The one thing I have learned from this board is that no two coaches are the same. I get weighed and measured every week but that is all the support I get from my coach. I never knew anything was restricted until I found 3FC's. My very first day I was weighed and measured and told to pick out my food. I had to ask how many and my second week I had to ask which were restricted and I was told NONE!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
WI #4 yesterday lost another 2.4 lbs!!

16.4 pounds in 28 days! So motivated to keep going!

So cute, yesterday my 18 yr old son came in while I was folding laundry and said "Mom, you look......different". Then he gestured with his hand..."more pulled together.". I think he meant thinner in an awkward teenage way
Congrats, and I love what your son said.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 170/155/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Sorry you're sick...I wish i could take all pills instead of food....I asked my husband if he thought I could blend my protein (meats etc) so I could just drink it down real quick...then we both made funny faces and thought it would taste super gross!!! The other night I got a stomach bug (24 hours) and forced some food down, but not all of it... blah!

Get well soon!
Thank you! I had the same bug, the day after New Years I got it along with like 10 family members, oh was I MISERABLE ! it lasted exactly 24 hours & then left me with this nasty cold! I find the chicken soup the most tolerable, I put it in a mug and just drink it down & I live on hot tea ... only upside to being sick is I feel super skinny !! lol
Old 01-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #50  

Height: 6'0

Good morning IP folks. Tomorrow will be weigh in 4 for my daughter and I, I am a little worried about the WI. Last week was such a disaster (2lb gain) due to Christmas wine and weak ability to handle the holidays. We were only on the diet for 2 weeks before Xmas, I know that is an excuse, but I think it helps to have a routine, at least I have been OP since.

Question: my worst time for being hungry is in the evening between 7 and 8 pm. Is it ok to have sugar free jello (I make my own w Splenda & Knox) or..that 4th packet of chocolate drink heated up into a sweet creamy cocoa? I am doing herbal teas, etc (although I am up several times a night in the bathroom). What strategies do you folks use to get over those humps?

Next week the rat race begins and I will be spending 5 days a week away from home, but I will be living alone, so I should be able to keep on program. This semester will be very stressful. I think having a tight schedule with structure will help. I will have to call my weight into my coach, and my daughter will have to buy product for us. I am taking my scale into the clinic to calibrate it with theirs.

Another question, I have to do something very physical next week which will kick my rear end: any tips for not falling over and collapsing? I do have energy on this diet, but I find I do get more tired when I have to work down at the barn and clean stalls for more then 30 or 40 minutes, what will that 4th packet do to ketosis?

Congratulations to everyone on their marvelous weigh- ins, and thanks agin to Wuv and all of you for inspiration. I read this every day, and I have learned so much. It helps to keep me focused.

Cheers

Old 01-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #51  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junetwin11 View Post
I went to my Wellness Centre's open house last night. There was about 10 people show up. And there was me and 3 others that had our success stories to share. I lost 70 lbs in 5 months, another gal 120 lbs in 10 months, 40 lbs in in 8 weeks. It was so inspiring listening and sharing. Telling people that Ideal Protein can, does and will work. All the new people signed up. They all had smiles and looked very happy.
that is so great, I bet after your stories they all are going to do great too. Just like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
I found a soy creamer that my coach said was ok--it does have 1 carb per TB, 1g fat and 15 cal, but I keep it strictly at a tablespoon. It gives the coffee a slightly different taste, but much creamier than skim milk. It's called Organic Valley and is right by the other cold half & half in my grocery store.
hmmm I wonder if that is in canada, I really miss my cream (no fat creamer from lucerne) when I am phase 1ing it... thanks will have to look.

Quote:
Question: My GF is doing IP through a coach and they are only going to measure her every 8 weeks. Is this normal? I thought you get weighed AND measured every week.
like all have said every coach is different, I went through 3 coaches at my clinic, none of them measured the same or the same time... one I had for only two weeks and wanted to keep but she quit she was the best WANTED to look at my journal every week and measured every week and went through things much better. The other two were good in their own ways just different... one I had to ask to be measured... I usually did that when I had a low weight week, but everyone clinic is so different as every coach is different.
Did you have vivid dreams before doing IP? I know during IP I had some wowsers... when I went to maintenance I didn't so much but now back to phase 1 for the first 3 days am having food dreams once more...

Have a great day all and stay OP!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Quote:
I don't know if there is a "normal" regarding weighing & measuring....I would want to weigh every week to check progress and stay motivated. If her coach doesn't weigh her every week, she should do it at home (same time/day of the week) for herself. My coach weighs us every week & measures every 4 or so WI's.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 204/166.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
hmmm I wonder if that is in canada, I really miss my cream (no fat creamer from lucerne) when I am phase 1ing it... thanks will have to look.
My coach suggested using a bit of the vanilla RTD in my coffee if I wanted cream. It lasts in the refrigerator all week! I add a 2 T and heat it in the microwave. It makes your coffee taste like a latte.

It's adding to your intake, so take that into consideration if you add others items to your day (egg whites, etc.)
Old 01-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 204/166.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Coaches

I am sad to see the variety within coaches. Having a good coach is key, especially in the beginning. After you get going, this site has as much knowledge or more than most coaches. I am very lucky, my coach has been very helpful and seems to know what she is talking about. She weighs and measures (all over - bust, waist, upper hip, lower hip, thigh, knee, arm) every week. She also does lean muscle etc. and we now have access to those online via an IP dashboard: http://ip.stayhealthy.com.

The clinic probably has to buy a membership or access to use the dashboard but it's nice to see all of your stuff online. It's only been the second week they added it, so there are no data to graph, but eventually I'll see graphs over time of my data: body fat percentage, weight, and hydration index.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 185/163/130

Quote:
Mine was a sinus headache feeling too, it eventually did go away. Sleep helped! Also caffeine helps. I'll have a coffee to help.
I'm on day 5 and have experienced this sinus headache since day 2. Tried salt, sinus meds, coffee and still here. Is this part of diet? Can't wait to feel better!

New Englander - thank you for the private message. Im unable to respond as I haven't enough messages yet.

Greatly appreciate all the help and support on this forum!!

You All Are The BEST!!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #56  
Started IP 10/13/11

I love this diet!!!!!!
.....just saying
I love feeling good about myself !
Old 01-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 231/180/150

Height: 5/6

Smile Wi

well, my WI was not as bad as I thought. I gained 2lb. I have been back on the plan and can't be happier. Thanks for the support.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmflora View Post
Question: my worst time for being hungry is in the evening between 7 and 8 pm. Is it ok to have sugar free jello (I make my own w Splenda & Knox) or..that 4th packet of chocolate drink heated up into a sweet creamy cocoa? I am doing herbal teas, etc (although I am up several times a night in the bathroom). What strategies do you folks use to get over those humps?

For me personally I am hungry at 3 and at 7:30 so here is my daily routine. I have 1 cup of veggies at lunch and then at 3:00 I have the 2nd cup of veggies and 2 bites of a bar. Then at 7:30 I have the rest of the bar. I know it doesn't sound like it would be enough but it always curbs the hunger. I drink a good amount of water with every meal and snack and it satisfies me and I have huge tummy rumbles before I eat. Good luck!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
oh, something else I wanted to say. I really don't want this to sound negative, so take it in the "realistic" light I want to convey. Some people are setting some really "high" expectations and that is great, but the reality is,not everyone loses like the program says. I did not cheat once and my average weight loss over the 5 months was 1.75 lbs. I think it depends on many things and age is one, if you are young, you will lose quicker for sure and then medical conditions and medications play a part. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism right before starting IP and my meds had to be adjusted during the course of the journey. Also, if you are post-meno your loses may not be as good. What I am getting at is that EVERYONE is different, I was a S-L-O-W loser in the IP world, but stuck with it (thanks to people like WUV encouraging me) Also remember the less you have to lose, it is slower or slows down a little, but remember it does work. Nothing else worked for me, that is why I went to the doctor, I had been going to WW for 3 months with no cheating and only lost 3 lbs, in hind sight I am sure the thyroid didn't help, but the IP diet is what I swear by, because even when I had small loses, I lost inches. Well, I am back on to journey to my final goal and I know it will be so much slower than some of you here, but it does work. FORWARD....MARCH!

Well said!!! It does get very discouraging to to in that category and see people so excited about big weekly losses.(Not that I wouldn't be too. but for all the reasons you mention for some of us slow and steady will win out.

I am noticing so many people saying they don't like the food. I don't think I ate many of the packets as they are made. There are so many excellent recipes on here and there used to be much more discussion on the threads about different ways to prepare things.
I will keep bumping FinnSteven's thread up mainly because I need refreshers on way to prepare so many things.

Oh another thing I wanted to add, on the weeks you don't have a big loss on the scales, that is usually the weeks you lose inches. With such quick weight loss you body needs time to adjust.
So often people will have huge losses in the first few weeks and then a week with a very low loss and they will be posting that the plan isn't working. That's why some people get annoyed with the word "only" in front of the amount lost.

What is amazing when you are a slow loser for valid reasons is how quickly the posters as a group change on here. So many people are finished and gone on to life on maintenance. It seems slow while you are going through the program but when you look over the course of a year so many people have totally changed their lives around. It is very encouraging.
Pat
Old 01-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #60  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
WI #4 yesterday lost another 2.4 lbs!!

16.4 pounds in 28 days! So motivated to keep going!

So cute, yesterday my 18 yr old son came in while I was folding laundry and said "Mom, you look......different". Then he gestured with his hand..."more pulled together.". I think he meant thinner in an awkward teenage way
Way to go!
Closed Thread