Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimup2day View Post
Thank you!!

Im taking the vitamins after I eat, still feeling very sick - even throw up. Never have been able to take pills, is this all part of getting into ketosis? I'm assuming this won't work without the vitamins, right? This is not a question I can ask my coach as I know what the answer will be.

Thanks
If you are getting sick after taking the vitamins, I don't know what to tell you. I wouldn't think they should be affecting you in that way. You can take other vitamins but these were specifically made to meet all your daily nutrient needs along with the protein packets. I would definitely suggest you discuss it with your coach! Getting sick on the vitamins is NOT a good thing.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #107  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:

Can we have mustard?

I feel so sick after taking the vitamins, will this pass? Can the diet be successful without taking the vitamins?

Thanks
My daughter is going through mustard like crazy on this diet. She seems to put it on everything and I never remember her using much mustard on anything before IP. Her younger teenage brother said her taste buds must have gone crazy since being on IP.

It really is important to have the vitamins because our diet on IP is so limited and low in calories. I would eat your food before taking any vitamins so it's never on a empty stomach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
So, here's some good news. So, I started IP alternative on Monday. I hadn't weighed myself when I started because I had gone to the doctor two weeks prior, where i found out that I weighed 293. So, I bought a scale tonight. I just got on the scale for the heck of it. I weighed 278. I got on like five times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. So some time between the last 3 weeks I lost 15 pounds? GO ME!

I have only been on IP for three days I couldn't have possibly lost any weight already, could I? However, I was doing p90x with my sister two times a week and "watching" what I was eating, before I started the diet. Regardless, of how it came off, before or after the diet... IT CAME OFF!

I won't weigh myself again til Monday - that will be a week since I started IP. I am excited as ever!!
I would guarantee you have lost weight already since this is the 3rd day of your diet. Of course it's mostly water at this point, but who cares as long as the scale shows a lower number.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Yes, whatever it was, I'll take it! I am excited to weigh on Monday now... Well I know there will be weeks where i'll gain or stay the same but a 1/2 lb would be exciting for me.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #109  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Thank you!!

Im taking the vitamins after I eat, still feeling very sick - even throw up. Never have been able to take pills, is this all part of getting into ketosis? I'm assuming this won't work without the vitamins, right? This is not a question I can ask my coach as I know what the answer will be.

Thanks
The vitamins cover whatever we might be missing in the way of nutrition because we are not on a balanced diet. One thing you might check is eliminating just the Omega 3 capsules. A few years ago my chiro sold me fish oil (Omega 3) because I had Lyme's disease and lots of inflammation/pain. The directions on the bottle said to take 1-2 teaspoons. The chiro didn't give me separate instructions. I took 2 tsp on a friday night and began having diarrhea shortly thereafter. I didn't take any more fish oil but I was sick for 3 days, then began throwing up on the 3rd day. I thought I was going to die!! I surfed the net and found out that some people are very sensitive to fish oil and will burp up bad egg taste, which was happening to me. I was REALLY annoyed, to say the least because I missed a day of work. I lost 10 lbs in 3 days but, I was so nauseated and weak, not to mention running to the bathroom every hour or more.

The omega 3 capsules IP sells upset me in the beginning. I think one of the downfalls of IP is that it isn't individualized enough. If you haven't been taking fish oil, i.e., omega 3 oils, you may need to build up to it. Your body needs them and they help with weight loss too. But, even with pets we're told to make diet changes GRADUALLY. IP may be too much change too fast for some people. I had already been taking all the supplements that IP requires. In fact, I was additionally taking Vit C, D, and Elderberry.

Your body does get used to it. I was only taking 2 per day and I think the stuff I had was better quality because I didn't get the fish burps with it, which the IP stuff did give me in the beginning.

I apologize for all the gross, graphic, TMI discussion here.

Last edited by sekc14; 01-04-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Thank you!!

Thanks
I am no expert by any means.. tomorrow will be day four for me. But, I would think maybe you could cut down? or try taking them all at different times, so that your body isn't getting a vitamin shock all at one time?
Old 01-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Thank you!!

Thanks
Try them at different times of the day, sometimes the potassium can irritate your tummy. You can take it at supper too with some food. It might help.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #112  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Try them at different times of the day, sometimes the potassium can irritate your tummy. You can take it at supper too with some food. It might help.
Hey Ish... I just checked out your ticker!! Look at you gooooo!! I am so happy for you!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #113  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Hey Ish... I just checked out your ticker!! Look at you gooooo!! I am so happy for you!
Hmmmm....I am thinking we need to make a 100lb loss thread!!...we have quiet a few that have made it!
Old 01-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Thanks Jelly, yours looking pretty good too!
Old 01-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #115  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

My coach said not to go crazy with the lettuce, just 'cause it says 'unlimited'.
She said just a dinner salad size twice a day is good. That made the thought much easier for me. I have made a couple of chicken stir frys for dinner (it's only my second day) and i put that on top of romaine and butter lettuce, it's really good.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #116  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

For trimup2day, you may try taking the dinner vitamin at bedtiime. That's what we tell the prenatal girls. By the time nausea sets in they are asleep and it's gone before they wake up. Just a thought, not medical advice for sure, but wuv is right 800-900 calories daily is not enough to supply the essential vitamins and minerals we require. Good Luck
Old 01-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 198/172/150

Height: 5'8"

Leganagen: Thanks for the words of encouragement! I know I can get back into it! Especially once I am back to work! I do come here to get inspiration and it really helps! Everyone is so positive and helpful!
Old 01-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I have trouble with Omega oils but have switched to krill oil. That works way better for me. I would get so nauseous with Omega oil I didn't want to eat anything for hours. I have no bad effects with krill oil.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:20 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 198/172/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Jellemae! I will check out that thread on getting started again.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:21 AM   #120  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Busy thread today... It's nice to see things be so busy. It's been a while since we've had 8 pages of talk...

Hang in there newbies... It ickiness will be over before ya know it!!
Closed Thread