Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 01:37 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 1/3/2011

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 01-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/214/150

Height: 5'0"

Just got in from 1 hour of shoveling snow and it's still coming down. If I have to do this again, I think another protein packet will be in order today.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks for starting the thread today Lisa!

Gaia, I'd add a protein packet with all that snow removal; it's quite a work out.

We continue to have an unusually mild Winter in Minnesota; we'll take it!

Best of luck to newbies and veterans today. Congratulations for investing in yourselves; you are worth it!

Jo
Old 01-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Default New Year

I am soooo excited today...I am already thinking about swim suit weather..and this year I will own the perfect red bathing suit..I am going to make it a point to get more fun in the sun and more exercise this year...

My year is starting off very busy but I'm up for it..a lot of things to work thru and much to do..so lets get this party started and as they say Get er done...

Red Swimsuit Goa
l

Old 01-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #5  

Mild winter (so far) here too! Loving it!! Already excited for lake season!

Question: I'm doing the alternate program, so I'm following a lot of the information shared on this site. I didn't realize it until this morning, but yesterday I had spaghetti AND a bar. I'm thinking I ate two restricted's in a day?
Old 01-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #6  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

We are having a nice mild winter here in Alberta as well. I did not make any resolutions this year and it feels great. Maybe get a new job. I love my job but it does get hard. Nice to see all the newbies joining. This is the best site ever.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!! Day 2 of my restart and I'm still feeling pretty good. I'm sure that by this afternoon I will start feeling more of the detox symptoms but I've got a busy morning so I'm taking it when I can get it! I already feel less bloated and sluggish then I did yesterday, it's amazing what actually getting enough water in will do to you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
Mild winter (so far) here too! Loving it!! Already excited for lake season!

Question: I'm doing the alternate program, so I'm following a lot of the information shared on this site. I didn't realize it until this morning, but yesterday I had spaghetti AND a bar. I'm thinking I ate two restricted's in a day?
If you're using alternatives it would depend on the specific carb counts of those two products, but generally speaking yes spaghetti and bars are restricted. In fact IIRC the IP spaghetti is only permitted a max of 2 times a week, you might want to compare the spaghetti your using to the IP one and see how they compare to see if that's necessary for you too.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #8  

Thanks NavyMommy! I compared the spaghetti and the bar and they are similar to IP. I'll have to watch that in the future so that doesn't happen again!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Default Good morning!

Up and at it today early! Chopped all my veggies for the day and then some. Made choc muffins for lunch and cleaned the kitchen. Now, off to work.
Have a great day everyone. I am SO excited about the Jan - Feb Challenge!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Default I was a disgrace to IP for my 2 week Winter vacation...

Happy New Year All!!! I am back... I was sooooo bad for my 2 week vacation!

Back to phase 1 today...and it feels good.

Let me tell you how scary....i easily went into my old ways. I was extra bad with the holiday parties and fun. I almost needed it because I was burnt out.

Now I feel like I gained my 40lbs back. I need to get back to feeling the way I did on December 15th. And then do maintenance the right way.

My man bought me a scale for Christmas (I asked for it haha)... I found one that does lbs, water and body fat. So I think I will phase 1 it for 2 weeks and then jump on it.

My new year's resolution is to learn how to budget my money. so I think I will be buying alternative products to maintain.

Hope everyone had a great holiday and jumps back on track this week if they were bad like me.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone,

Back at work today and it started with me forgetting to bring my breakfast shake So i ate my pudding which is usually for my afternoon snack and i'll just have a snack tonight instead even if i won't be hungry.

Have a great day everyone
Old 01-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 236.4/204.3/125

Hi everyone- school started back today for my youngster but everyone in my house is still on vacation sleep schedules (late to bed late to rise) I feel sorry for the teachers today with all those sleepy / grumpy kids. For me I woke up extremely hungry today after feeling a bit queasy last night. I don't know whats up. Made and ate an IP omelet and am still hungry. I think I am going to ignore it and go back to bed for at least another hour. zzzzzz
Old 01-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Hey everyone,

So day two hasn't been as easy as day one. I have a massive headache today. However, I was proud of myself because I made egg whites for breakfast. Usually I am barely up in time to brush my teeth, but I was determined to make sure i got breakfast in. I also had enough time to put my lunch together for today. So, Im still sticking with it, today is just a little bit harder than yesterday.

Also, there's this Mexican lady that ALWAYS brings in tamales, enchiladas and guacamole at work and I am dreading having to turn all that good Mexican food down. I know that must sound crazy....

However, my job somewhat helps me stay on track. I am a drug and alcohol counselor and I feel myself telling myself that it's just one day at a time. The cravings will pass... So, it's helpful.

Here's to DAY TWO.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 260/245/160

Height: 5'10"

Day Three and first day back to work. Think this will actually help as I am busy and not continuously thinking about what I have eaten, when I get to eat again and the rumbling in my tummy.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Good morning everyone! My family is still in vacation mode, too...I made it to work, but I would much rather have stayed home!! Wish I could work from home on days like today, but I don't think I have the discipline to do that. I would just end up watching tv all day...LOL!

I was bad too this holiday season, and I totally regret not staying OP. It has been extremely hard for me to get back on track. However, my husband was diagnosed with high blood pressure and put on medication so if there can be a bright side to that it will be that it will reinforce the need for us all to eat healthier. Now if I could just get my teenage son to want to do better!! That boy is gonna be the death of me! LOL!!

Funny story...We got a new treadmill for Christmas and yesterday was the first day that I was going to try out one of the new programs that it has built in. I had been on it for about a minute and a half, had the iphone going with my music (it was tucked in my bra while I was jogging). Someone texted me and when I looked at my phone to see who it was I guess I forgot to keep jogging and I fell and was thrown into the wall behind the treadmill!! I'm banged and bruised up and glad no one was there to see me do that, but dang I could have used the $10000 we would have one on America's Funniest Videos!! I'm sure it was quite a sight!! Hopefully this is not a sign of how my new year is gonna go!! LOL!!

Have a great OP day everyone!!
Closed Thread