Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
New Englander,

CONGRATS!
Thanks everyone for sharing in my enthusiasm!!! Love this group!!! You guys are the bestest!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #62  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Post Day 3

Day 3 is almost over. I'm tired and hungry but I keep telling myself "I can do this". I look forward to day 6 or 7 when, from what I hear, the hunger subsides and you start to feel better. Good luck everyone and stay strong!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodysbeach View Post
Hello I am new at this site. I have lost 50 lbs. since starting IP and love the way I feel. The holidays did me in I didn't get my IP food during Xmas and I do regret it. I get WI tomorrow and back on plan. Worried about the WI
Don't beat yourself up over what has been done. It is what it is and you can't turn back time. What you can do is look forward and get back on track, which is what you said you'll be doing!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
Day 3 is almost over. I'm tired and hungry but I keep telling myself "I can do this". I look forward to day 6 or 7 when, from what I hear, the hunger subsides and you start to feel better. Good luck everyone and stay strong!
Keep going...it gets SO MUCH BETTER!!! I mean, you still have "those days"...when you feel it's never going to end...and then you have "THOSE DAYS" where you feel awesome and know you're doing the best thing for yourself! The first 3-4 days are the worse...hold on and stick with it!!! BIG HUGS!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
Shout out to wuv2bloved for her tips yesterday. This morning I had my cappuccino drink with a bit of WF caramel dip and coffee. Yum! Way to change it up so you don't get tired of the same old stuff. Yesterday I added peppermint extract and some WF chocolate to the chocolate smoothie.... Very tasty as well. Can't wait to try some more!
Yummo...just be careful to make sure the extract doesn't have alcohol in it...I know some ppl are okay with it, but "technically" even that little bit isn't part of the plan...I hope it doesn't have it in it 'cause I don't want to be a total bummer...
Old 01-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #66  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Okay, here I go! Started IP foods this morning, the vanilla drink was good, made it in the magic bullet with a few ice cubes. Now, lunch was different. I made the broccoli cheese soup and added steamed broccoli, but, it was surely lacking. I am going to have to get on the recipe pages. Tonight I am aiming for chicken with stir fry veggies. Thank you all for being here.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #67  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

oh, and I got my ticker and figured out how to edit my profile info. Thanks for the help with that too!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac36 View Post
Okay, here I go! Started IP foods this morning, the vanilla drink was good, made it in the magic bullet with a few ice cubes. Now, lunch was different. I made the broccoli cheese soup and added steamed broccoli, but, it was surely lacking. I am going to have to get on the recipe pages. Tonight I am aiming for chicken with stir fry veggies. Thank you all for being here.
I stick with the chocolate drink and cappacino drink...and I'll have one or two retricted items/week (the chocolate chip cookie, or peanut butter cookie). I was allergic to the chicken soup and didn't like the others...The clinic thought I would get bored on those main two IP items but I haven't...

Friends of mine mix broccoli with the creamy chicken soup...they loved it.

Oh, and I've heard about mixing the cap drink with some coffee and ice...YUMMO!!! But, anyway...yeah check out the recipe section and since you're new def check out the thread about "what I wish my coach would have told me"... Have fun on this journey!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Thank you for all the motivational words everyone. I am feeling much better than I did this morning. I made it through day two... on to day three. I can do this... this site has helped me sooo much already.

I had some crazy cravings today. I saw my boss chowing down on some triscuits and im not even really a fan of triscuits i'd eat them if they were in front of me before i started this diet. But, anyways, my boss my chowing down and i had the urge to dive on top of her and eat her hands, the box and the triscuits. Funny thoughts right? hahahahah.

However, i didn't attack her. I enclosed myself in my office and drank a glass of water. Seriously though... I'm doing a lot better than i expected at the end of this day two
Old 01-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Default IP Waffles

Made the waffles with IP chicken soup for lunch today. Had them with my salad and 1.5 oz of chicken breast. The waffles looked perfect but the texture was kind of off. Still a good change and it was like having some bread with your salad.
WI #4 tomorrow. Feeling good. Looking forward to being a loser!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1 View Post
Just wondering if any fellow Canadians have any advice on products that are available to us? I know that the US usually has more options with regards to low carb/low sugar products and was just wondering what was out there and where it can be found. I live in a small town in northwestern Alberta and there are very few healthier options available to us. I am going through Edmonton on the weekend and can stop and pick up some things. Thanks in advance.
Hi, I am in Edmonton and switched to alternatives several months ago. I have tried ordering from several places. Some of them were in the US but I find proteinwell.ca the easiest. With an order over $100 it is free shipping. The protidiet products are the closest to IP I think. That is what I order.
As for the Waldon Farms and many similar things I really like Sweet Tweets. It may be a bit out of your way if you are coming from the NW, it is in the SE of the city at around 50th St and 36Ave. Not too far from the Whitemud actually.
A really good place for a wide variety of produce is H&W Produce, there are several locations, I go to the one around 135 St & 132 Ave. You can get the addresses on line.
Also The Grocery People on the Yellowhead near the Costco on 149 St has lots of the sugar free syrups etc.

You can goggle these to get exact addresses.
Pat

Last edited by patns; 01-03-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 197/173/150

Height: 5'6

Hello! Well I took 2 weeks off for the holidays.... gained 5 lbs... and back at it today...

I am thinking Im changing my goal weight to 145. that way I will have a 5 lb buffer

Feels good to be back OP though, strange that I was excited to have IP Food when I woke up!!! Happy New Year everybody.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

I have to say I missed the ease of my IP dinners. 2 frozen tilapia fillets and 1/2 head cauliflower spritzed with EVOO and some sea salt with whatever seasoning I feel like. So easy, and thankfully these first few days the kids and hubby are okay with sandwiches for dinner.

I did have a killer headache this afternoon, but I'm also coming off TOM so it's hard to say what it's related to. Looking forward to getting my energy back though, I didn't do much of anything today and I am worn out! I did get a new scale though and love the motivation of getting on every morning. It's a newfangled one that measures body fat and hydration, I'm a huge fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac36 View Post
I have to say if your clinic allows you to buy things by the package you might want to keep trying different things and seeing how your taste buds change and adapt. I honestly never thought I would be able to drink coffee without creamer and tea without several Splendas but a couple of weeks into the program I was craving these things. As far as the IP foods went I had periods where I couldn't get enough of the soups and times I couldn't stand them. Eventually you hit your stride and I pretty much eat the same thing every day, but sometimes a little variety is nice. As I got used to the diet I wound up using much less MiO and other sweetners that initially allowed me to adjust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
You can SO do this!! I'm finishing day 2 so I'm not far behind. Stick with it, NO cheating and you'll LOVE your first WI!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
Thank you for all the motivational words everyone. I am feeling much better than I did this morning. I made it through day two... on to day three. I can do this... this site has helped me sooo much already.

I had some crazy cravings today. I saw my boss chowing down on some triscuits and im not even really a fan of triscuits i'd eat them if they were in front of me before i started this diet. But, anyways, my boss my chowing down and i had the urge to dive on top of her and eat her hands, the box and the triscuits. Funny thoughts right? hahahahah.

However, i didn't attack her. I enclosed myself in my office and drank a glass of water. Seriously though... I'm doing a lot better than i expected at the end of this day two
That was a much better way to deal with it. I have to admit though I had some days when I was starting the first time where I wanted to attack my husband for eating all the delicious homemade treats I made for the kids. Just remember this is just a short time, and once the weight is gone you can wisely expand your food selections.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #74  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

WI today--down another 2.4. This program is just so easy to stick to!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 231/180/150

Height: 5/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Don't beat yourself up over what has been done. It is what it is and you can't turn back time. What you can do is look forward and get back on track, which is what you said you'll be doing!!!
Thanks !!
Closed Thread