Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/4/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 01-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #2  

Good morning!!

I guess Wuv didn't get the chance to start the thread last night so I hope it's okay that I did.

Day 3 of my restart and I'm feeling pretty good. I have all my energy in the morning so I need to get my work done now since I slacked off yesterday. I also went to bed at 8:15 last night which helped.

Does anyone know what the consensus is on having broth on this diet? I have a ton of homemade broth in the freezer, but I'm not sure if it's totally okay or not since I boiled the chicken / turkey carcass with onion and carrot. It was just used for flavoring and was all strained out. It's so cold here I would LOVE a bowl of hot soup for dinner!

I hope everyone has a great IP day!!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:11 AM   #3  

The last couple of mornings I've felt a llittle off after eating breakfast and taking my vitamins. It's not really a dizzy feeling, but a surreal feeling. Does anyone else experience this?
Old 01-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Wi#7

Good Morning IPeeps,
Yesterday's weigh in....down another 2.6 pounds!
hope everyone has a great OP day.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #5  
Ericaceae

S/C/G: Started IP 12.12.11

Height: 5'8

Good Morning fellow IP'ers. Hope everyone is having a great morning so far. So I had my third WI last night and thankfully it was a "woosh" moment...I lost 18 lbs. Now I know that sounds like a lot, but keep in mind that at my second WI, I had GAINED 10 lbs due to TOM and water retention. I was not to be deterred and just kept going with the program with the help of your encouraging words. So that brings my three week total to 18.8 lbs and 20.5 inches gone forever. How exciting is that? My husband is also doing the program and he has lost 18lbs. I think we are really starting to get into the groove of this program and it is definitely working. We started the plan because his brother lost 50-60 lbs in 3-4 months and looks fantastic!!! I lurk around these threads daily because it is so motivating to see the consistency of losses everyone has, which tells me that this way of life truly does work. Finally, something that lives up to its claims.

So I have a question about meat. I've read different posts on the subject and want to see what the majority of you have been told or are doing...I've read that the new guideline is 8 oz of meat for your daily meal, but my coach sticks to the 5 oz (I asked her about it last night and she was very adamant that it was only 5 oz). What are ya'll doing? Are those 3 oz going to really make THAT much of a difference? My thinking is no, it won't, especially since I have a lot of weight to lose.

Have a great day and good luck to all, especially those of you in your first week. It gets easier moving into the second week, I promise. Just remember this first week and you won't be tempted to cheat, as least I'm not because I don't want to go through that again. =)
Old 01-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
The last couple of mornings I've felt a llittle off after eating breakfast and taking my vitamins. It's not really a dizzy feeling, but a surreal feeling. Does anyone else experience this?
It could be the vitamins, especially if you're not used to taking them. I used to take Shaklee vitamins and even if I had food on my stomach I got a 'vitamin rush' type feeling. Are you eating first? If it really bothers you you could talk to your coach about switching them around until after you have your veggies and have some real food on your stomach. I don't take any of my vitamins until after lunch (although that's because of medications that I have to take in the morning).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps,
Yesterday's weigh in....down another 2.6 pounds!
hope everyone has a great OP day.
Congrats!!! WTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmt1372 View Post
Good Morning fellow IP'ers. Hope everyone is having a great morning so far. So I had my third WI last night and thankfully it was a "woosh" moment...I lost 18 lbs. Now I know that sounds like a lot, but keep in mind that at my second WI, I had GAINED 10 lbs due to TOM and water retention. I was not to be deterred and just kept going with the program with the help of your encouraging words. So that brings my three week total to 18.8 lbs and 20.5 inches gone forever. How exciting is that? My husband is also doing the program and he has lost 18lbs. I think we are really starting to get into the groove of this program and it is definitely working. We started the plan because his brother lost 50-60 lbs in 3-4 months and looks fantastic!!! I lurk around these threads daily because it is so motivating to see the consistency of losses everyone has, which tells me that this way of life truly does work. Finally, something that lives up to its claims.

So I have a question about meat. I've read different posts on the subject and want to see what the majority of you have been told or are doing...I've read that the new guideline is 8 oz of meat for your daily meal, but my coach sticks to the 5 oz (I asked her about it last night and she was very adamant that it was only 5 oz). What are ya'll doing? Are those 3 oz going to really make THAT much of a difference? My thinking is no, it won't, especially since I have a lot of weight to lose.
Wow congrats!!! It's amazing what TOM can do to our bodies, but 18lbs is incredible!!! That's also wonderful that you have such a supportive coach and your hubby is on board. Mine is very supportive but honestly has no idea what I'm going through because he has always been as skinny as a rail.

RE the meat question. I am pretty sure it's now a general consensus that IP has changed the requirements, but if your coach hasn't been to any recent training they might not be up to date. On the sheet my coach gave me back in October she crossed out the different guidelines for fish and chicken, beef, pork and wrote 5-8oz above it. I generally eat 2 tilapia fillets for dinner and when I've weighed them it's between 7 and 8 ounces. I've attached what I believe is the most recent set of guidelines. HTH!

ETA: Where in VA are you? I'm heading back there in a few months (that's where we're from) and would love to find a local IP clinic up there.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IP Phase 1 _ 2011 revisions.pdf (78.4 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by NavyMommy; 01-04-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #7  

Hi iv been on for 8wks lost 25 pnds but now its slow,any help?
Old 01-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Hey Everyone,

On day three... I am a little nervous because aside from really bad headaches i'm not really experiencing this crazy withdrawal stuff. Is that normal? I didn't eat bad to begin with, i have been watching what I eat for the past month or so, so I was cognizant of what I putting into my body. I wasn't a crazy carb person, but I expected more withdrawal than what I am experiencing. However, the CRAVINGS are ridiculous. I found myself trying to sleep last night and I couldn't because all i could think about was FOOD!!

I did have a terrible headache last night. I hope the headaches subside. Had egg whites and a shake for breakfast today. I am surprised that I have been getting up early enough to eat the egg whites and get my lunch together for the day, normally i am rushing out the door brushing my teeth, lol. I also prepared stuff before i went to bed which is also new for me! This site helps me a lot.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/172/150

Height: 5'8"

I have been having a hard time getting back into the plan. I was off most of the holidays. I know I just need to do it. I haven't gone to weigh in yet because I was out of town. I need to get back on track! Reading all of your posts is very inspiring! Thanks!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 287/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahtobig View Post
Hi iv been on for 8wks lost 25 pnds but now its slow,any help?
I understand. I am in my 9th week and the past two WIs were.8 and 1.6. When you stay OP 100% during the holidays that is a downer. (but they say that it is probably due to some medication changes that I have had) hoping tomorrows WI will be much better. My clothes fit better so even I'd there is not much of a lose at least something is happening.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #11  

Mrsmurphy,
I read on another post that you should lick sea salt from your palm, have a glass of water and 15-20 later your headache should be gone.

I also did not have the crazy withdrawls for the same reason. I didn't eat a lot of carbs either. I still have some cravings, especially when the kids are eating a snack I used to LOVE!

Last night I had a dream of eating a big juicy cheeseburger. I think a hamburger will have to be on the menu tonight!

Navymommy,
Thanks! I think it might be a vitamin rush. I took them before I had eaten, so next time I'll try taking them after I eat. The feeling doesn't last very long, so that must be it!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Day one of IP...

I had the crispy cereal for breakfast, and ew. I'm not a fan. Tomorrow I plan on trying the omelet because there are ways to make them tasty. Has anyone else found the cereal to be nauseating? What are the best IP breakfasts?

Gotta get some groceries before lunch. I plan on using broccoli to stretch the broccoli and cheese soup. I might even spoil myself and get some fish for suppers!!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #13  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
Hey Everyone,

On day three... I am a little nervous because aside from really bad headaches i'm not really experiencing this crazy withdrawal stuff. Is that normal? I didn't eat bad to begin with, i have been watching what I eat for the past month or so, so I was cognizant of what I putting into my body. I wasn't a crazy carb person, but I expected more withdrawal than what I am experiencing. However, the CRAVINGS are ridiculous. I found myself trying to sleep last night and I couldn't because all i could think about was FOOD!!

I did have a terrible headache last night. I hope the headaches subside. Had egg whites and a shake for breakfast today. I am surprised that I have been getting up early enough to eat the egg whites and get my lunch together for the day, normally i am rushing out the door brushing my teeth, lol. I also prepared stuff before i went to bed which is also new for me! This site helps me a lot.
I too didn't have alot of the withdrawl symptoms. A couple mild headaches but thats it and now after being on the program for 3 months I only get one when I haven't had enough salt. You'll do fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
Day one of IP...

I had the crispy cereal for breakfast, and ew. I'm not a fan. Tomorrow I plan on trying the omelet because there are ways to make them tasty. Has anyone else found the cereal to be nauseating? What are the best IP breakfasts?

Gotta get some groceries before lunch. I plan on using broccoli to stretch the broccoli and cheese soup. I might even spoil myself and get some fish for suppers!!
I have the crispy cereal just about every morning but I turn it into a pancake and then use some of the WF pancake syrup or WF raspberry jam. I couldn't stand the cereal as a cereal. I also like the omelette's because you can add so amny different veggies to it and get different tastes. Good luck!!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #14  

Good morning IP'ers! So today is my first day back at my Food Brokerage job, I'm looking forward to see how I view all that food now that it is off limits! Good luck to everyone I will check back later today...
Old 01-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #15  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Post Day 4

Hello everyone! It's nice to see all of the advice, sharing and support this site provides. I'm on day four and I am tired of eating my lettuce! I know I have to eat it so I will. Not a big fan of the soups. I may just switch to a drink and big salad. I had the yogurt drink and really loved it. My energy is low but from what I hear that will change soon. WI is Saturday and I can't wait to see how much I have lost. Good luck to everyone today and stay strong and positive!
Closed Thread