Old 01-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #16  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda13 View Post
I've been researching and trying to make sure we'll be getting enough protein (though I still haven't figured out exactly what the requirements are...). Just trying to make sure the alternative products have similar ingredients, and similar protein/fat/carb/calories. I think we'll be using egg whites for one of our IP meals (most likely breakfast), because I don't think I'll be able to just do a drink for breakfast,
I don't know how much you or your husband weigh, how tall you are, etc. But a good rule of thumb is to head for 100 grams of protein a day. If you eat 8 ounces of 90% fat free ground beef that's 50 grams of protein right there. Leaner is even better. You may want to glance at Syntrax Matrix as a high grade source of whey isolate and quite good protein. Also cheaper than buying packets but with less variety.

You'd need 5 egg whites each for breakfast to get 18 grams of protein. That's a lot of egg whites. As JoLo says, you may find a shake is very satisfying in the morning.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote