3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   New Year's Party (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/249346-new-years-party.html)

happy2bthin 12-30-2011 04:39 PM

New Year's Party

Hi, I'm new to the boards but have been shadowing for a while. I could use a few ideas for surviving at the New Year's Party that I'm attending tomorrow night. I'll have water instead of alchohol. Any ideas of food to bring?

4kiddos 12-30-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happy2bthin (Post 4149908)
Hi, I'm new to the boards but have been shadowing for a while. I could use a few ideas for surviving at the New Year's Party that I'm attending tomorrow night. I'll have water instead of alchohol. Any ideas of food to bring?

You could take a veggie tray with the allowed veggies an make a dip from the WF product. I know I remember seeing a lot of great ideas on the Christmas and Thanksgiving posts regarding parties and family get togethers. you might want to re-visit those. Stay OP, you are worth it!

New Englander 12-30-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happy2bthin (Post 4149908)

Personally, I would just make sure I was able to eat my lunch or dinner prior to the party and then go and have nothing. I would carry a glass of ice water though and sip it 'cause I'm always thirsty. Plus it gives your hands something to do! :)

I completely didn't answer your question! I wouldn't bring anything IP related to eat. I would bring a yummy dish that everyone else can eat and get fat on... lol!!! Have fun and Happy New Year!!!

happy2bthin 12-30-2011 07:13 PM

Thanks 4kiddos and NewEnglander for your excellent suggestions! I've fallen off the IP plan during the last ten days so I think I should eat everything on plan before I go and eat nothing there. Maybe arriving on the late side would be good too. Thanks!:hug::

JoLoMN 12-31-2011 07:42 AM

Happy,

I agree with the advice offered above. Another suggestion, if you think you'll be tempted to eat at all, would be to bring an extra protein packet. If you feel like you'll be tempted to eat, for goodness sake, have that over anything else. It shouldn't set you back.

Also, if you'd prefer to have something other than simply water in your glass, find a 0 calorie beverage with the approved sweeteners in it, so you can have a "treat" and it's not so obvious to others that you are celebrating "lite" this year.

Happy New Year!

happy2bthin 12-31-2011 11:05 AM

Thanks JoLoMn, It would be nice to have a sparkling drink of some kind.

galpal445 12-31-2011 01:03 PM

I would take a yummy IP bar along and eat that while everyone else is munching on not-so-good-for-you stuff. That way you will have something to put in your mouth and get full at the same time which will help you resist all that other stuff. No sense in feeling resentful because you can't have something.

Plus I would also take along some sparkling water. I really like the flavored sparkling seltzer water put out by Canada Dry or La Croix. I especially like the Canada Dry Raspberry or Lime flavors and the La Croix Coconut flavored water.

Hope you have a great time!:carrot: