Nine Lessons For Enduring Happiness

• Since we are nearing a new calendar year, I think it's a great time to re-share one of the motivational cards on my desks.

9 Lessons for Enduring Happiness (From Matthew Kelly)
    1) Celebrate your progress.
    2) Just do the next right thing.
    3) Put character first.
    4) Find what you love and do it.
    5) Live what you believe
    6) Be disciplined
    7) Simplify
    8) Focus on what you are here to give.
    9) Patiently seek the good in everyone and everything.

I'm not a fan of making New Year's Resolutions, simply because they are so easily broken. I like to pick bad habits or weaknesses that I need can focus on improving. Sometimes, it only takes a few weeks to make lasting changes, but other flaws take longer to change.

Many of us are here because we let food take control of our lives in an unhealthy way. For me, the 9 lessons Matthew listed help me remember where I've been and where I want to be. I hope they will help some of you as well.
  • Marion, that is lovely--thank you for sharing.
  • Thank you for sharing this. It reminds me to be present & live in the moment.

I do not make New Year's resolutions. When I decide to make a change, I usually have been thinking about it for a while and when I am ready, I start the process of changing. No need to wait for Monday or January 1st....
  • I love that. Thank you so much for sharing. Good basic values to live by and just be happy.