Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 01:49 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 12/20/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 12-20-2011, 08:04 AM   #2  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

Smile Day at a time

Hi Everyone. Hoping everyone has an easy day! Glad you are all here for encouraging support!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Good Morning IPeeps,
Weigh in # 5 down 1.6. A little disappointing but it is still a loss. And I think it is low because of the side effect of this plan. I am drinking water and eating lettuce like crazy and nothing is helping. I have gotten some Miralax and have drank it for the past 2 days. Oh well, such is life. I know that some weeks are not going to be big loss weeks. And I am happy that I did have a loss and not a gain!!!! . It is all of you (besides the 20 pds lost so far) that keep me going on this plan. I know I can see this thru with the help of all the wonderful people on this forum. I do have to say that I am so proud of myself. We had our Sunday School Class Christmas party friday night. I went ahead and made me some Shrimp "Fried" Rice for dinner and ate it before we left. I made it thru the whole party without eating a thing. I cut up the dessers and got them ready to be plated. I sat at the bar in the kitchen, over looking all of that food and was not tempted one bit. There was a dessert there that I just love....Mountain Dew Apple Dumplins.....and any other time I would have said one won't hurt. But not this time. Two of the other girls told me that I just need to quit and wait til after the holidays to continue with this. I told them no, I have come to far to quit. I will beable to enjoy the food next year.

I hope those that still have to weigh in have a good loss and hope everyone has a great OP day! Congratulations on all the losses so far. Everyone is doing wonderfully.

Last edited by rissimo; 12-20-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps,
Weigh in # 5 down 1.6. A little disappointing but it is still a loss. And I think it is low because of the side effect of this plan. I am drinking water and eating lettuce like crazy and nothing is helping. I have gotten some Miralax and have drank it for the past 2 days. Oh well, such is life. I know that some weeks are not going to be big loss weeks. And I am happy that I did have a loss and not a gain!!!! . It is all of you (besides the 20 pds lost so far) that keep me going on this plan. I know I can see this thru with the help of all the wonderful people on this forum. I do have to say that I am so proud of myself. We had our Sunday School Class Christmas party friday night. I went ahead and made me some Shrimp "Fried" Rice for dinner and ate it before we left. I made it thru the whole party without eating a thing. I cut up the dessers and got them ready to be plated. I sat at the bar in the kitchen, over looking all of that food and was not tempted one bit. There was a dessert there that I just love....Mountain Dew Apple Dumplins.....and any other time I would have said one won't hurt. But not this time. Two of the other girls told me that I just need to quit and wait til after the holidays to continue with this. I told them no, I have come to far to quit. I will beable to enjoy the food next year.

I hope those that still have to weigh in have a good loss and hope everyone has a great OP day! Congratulations on all the losses so far. Everyone is doing wonderfully.
I know how you feel about having a "small" loss...it can be disappointing, but I also try to feel proud of it because a loss is a loss. So, be proud and keep going! I weigh in tomorrow...fingers crossed!

Ugh...bad advice from those girls...good for you to keeping with it...I also have no desire to stop until I reach my goal(s). And, I certainly can't wait for the day I look fine in my clothes and can eat "normal" again!!!

Best wishes to you and keep up the great work!!!

Maggie
Old 12-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps,
Weigh in # 5 down 1.6. A little disappointing but it is still a loss. And I think it is low because of the side effect of this plan.

wo of the other girls told me that I just need to quit and wait til after the holidays to continue with this. I told them no, I have come to far to quit. I will beable to enjoy the food next year.
Heya rissimo, chin up that means more will come off for next week. Whenever I was 'blue' over a WI I would check out other people's stats. We all don't have the GRAND -3 to -5 lbs every week. I once had a .2 loss. It will come just keep plugging away.

It's funny how people can actively sabotage the weight loss, sometimes it's actively and sometimes sub-consciously...either way it's interesting how people react. I like to analyse that when it happens because really it's about their perspective and world, not really mine or yours. Sometimes my inner conversation can go on for a while on this topic

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 12-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I know how you feel about having a "small" loss...it can be disappointing, but I also try to feel proud of it because a loss is a loss. So, be proud and keep going! I weigh in tomorrow...fingers crossed!

Ugh...bad advice from those girls...good for you to keeping with it...I also have no desire to stop until I reach my goal(s). And, I certainly can't wait for the day I look fine in my clothes and can eat "normal" again!!!

Best wishes to you and keep up the great work!!!

Maggie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Heya rissimo, chin up that means more will come off for next week. Whenever I was 'blue' over a WI I would check out other people's stats. We all don't have the GRAND -3 to -5 lbs every week. I once had a .2 loss. It will come just keep plugging away.

It's funny how people can actively sabotage the weight loss, sometimes it's actively and sometimes sub-consciously...either way it's interesting how people react. I like to analyse that when it happens because really it's about their perspective and world, not really mine or yours. Sometimes my inner conversation can go on for a while on this topic

Hope everyone has a great day!

Thanks guys. I am proud that it was a loss, and I know that I am going to have big loss weeks, low loss weeks and even no loss weeks. You guys are such great support. Ishbel, I'd love to hear some of your inner conversations on this matter.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #7  
INACTIVE

Congratulations, Rissimo--you have to be proud of your dedication and tenacity! I had the 'side effect' problem on my first weigh in last week. This week, I am normal, so hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised at my WI today. I got some Magnesium Citrate at the drugstore and half a bottle worked in about 6 hours--and it really was working overtime the next morning! It's in a glass bottle and doesn't taste great, but I think you can handle it.
To echo what New Englander said, sometimes people don't think they have the will to make a big life change and so they expect that no one else does either. There are so many of us on this thread that are in the same boat as you and we're all rowing together Stay on course and do a cartwheel in your front lawn on New Year's Day because you are already 20% ahead of where you would be if you waited!
Old 12-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
Congratulations, Rissimo--you have to be proud of your dedication and tenacity! I had the 'side effect' problem on my first weigh in last week. This week, I am normal, so hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised at my WI today. I got some Magnesium Citrate at the drugstore and half a bottle worked in about 6 hours--and it really was working overtime the next morning! It's in a glass bottle and doesn't taste great, but I think you can handle it.
To echo what New Englander said, sometimes people don't think they have the will to make a big life change and so they expect that no one else does either. There are so many of us on this thread that are in the same boat as you and we're all rowing together Stay on course and do a cartwheel in your front lawn on New Year's Day because you are already 20% ahead of where you would be if you waited!
Hi Someday...I loved how you put it...we're all rowing together...I will keep that in my mind when things get tough...like everyone I have my days that are harder than others and remembering I'm not alone will help! Thanks!!!
Maggie
Old 12-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #9  
INACTIVE

Thanks, New Englander--I am so happy that I found this thread, I can't even tell you how much this has boosted my self-esteem and has taken the shame and constant frustration out of dieting. Congratulations on your 22lbs so far! Looking at everyone's ticker is really inspiring and motivates me to stay the course.
I had my 1st NSV yesterday--I bought 2 cute winter coats 2 years ago at a HUGE discount. I could never quite fit into them, but I bought them anyway and they've sat in my closet. I have so many clothes like that. Well, I tried one on yesterday and it not only fit, but fit well! I was so happy! Soon, I will have a brand new wardrobe without having to buy anything...Luckily nothing has gone out of style yet ;-)
Old 12-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post

Thanks Someday, I thinks I'll stop and get a bottle on the way home. And I do love the way you put it, we are all in the same boat and that is why it is so awesome to have this forum with all the IPers, we know everyone is going thru the exact same thing we are, it may not be at the same time, but we all do. And we have each other to keep us chugging along, ecouraging, sympthizing, empathizing and cheering each other on. I am so glad I have each and everyone of you to go on this journey with. I don't think I could have done it alone.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/200.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everybody! I haven't been on 3FC the past few days and it's been getting harder to stay OP. I have though, but it's been hard. I knew I loved reading everybody's posts and interacting, but I didn't realize that I really NEED it to stay OP!

Rissimo - Great victory at that party! I agree, it's not worth it to quit for the holidays. I made it through one holiday party that had TONS of yummy looking food, but I had my veggies and some apple cider tea with splenda and I was good! I always tell myself that I've had lots of great food in my life, but never had such amazing success at losing weight and being healthy.

Ishbel - I think about that stuff too. I've had to work through a lot of counseling to get to a place where I'm not sabotaging myself because "I don't deserve to lose weight" and crap like that. My mom inspired me to start IP, but she is frustrated by her small losses... but she cheats! With healthy foods, but still, the plan doesn't work unless you follow it! I'm hoping to talk to her this week about why she might be sabotaging herself.

SomedayBubblySomeday - That's so exciting! Finding clothes that fit now is such a motivator for me. I'm very happy for you!

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day! I can't wait to weigh in on Thursday!
Old 12-20-2011, 11:08 AM   #12  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Good Morning IPers. I just want to say how proud of you all I am. Keep up the good work. I really like this diet as it changes the way you think about food without you really having to THINK about food.. I know I can live without all the stuff we are not allowed and even in maintenance I can still live without stuff even though we are allowed it, the appeal for it is just gone. I would love to tell you all that it gets easier in Maintenance but I am finding that it is work to stay in maintenance but if you don't you will gain weight back. I find the so much needed encouragement here and where I work that I can stay focused on the goal... it is now a life long goal but a goal still.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #13  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning everyone, i have been on the road since 7am with the buses but will be done for the day by noon so its going to be a good day. Rissio remember the AVERAGE is 3-5lbs but that is over several weeks. Never be disappointed in a loss no matter how small, it is an accomplishment reguardless and it is gone forever. I had a .7gain one week and did nothing different....explain that one. I didnt let it get me down i just kept moving on and here i am today 112lbs later. Stay positive and focus on how yoy FEEL not that NUMBER on the scale!!
Old 12-20-2011, 11:43 AM   #14  

[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4142898]Good morning everyone, i have been on the road since 7am with the buses but will be done for the day by noon so its going to be a good day. Rissio remember the AVERAGE is 3-5lbs but that is over several weeks. Never be disappointed in a loss no matter how small, it is an accomplishment reguardless and it is gone forever. I had a .7gain one week and did nothing different....explain that one. I didnt let it get me down i just kept moving on and here i am today 112lbs later. Stay positive and focus on how yoy FEEL not that NUMBER on the scale!![/QUOTE

Thanks Wuv. I know that it is another pound gone FOREVER. I am happy with it, as I said, it could have been +1 and I am thankful that is wasn't. And I feel wonderful. I fell that I am smaller than I am. It feels so good to not have my acid reflux problems, or my IBS problems, and absolutely wonderful to beable to stand on my feet for long periods of time without them killing me and my lower back as well. I can't remember the last time I was able to say that!

Last edited by rissimo; 12-20-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:45 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Good morning everyone! Congrats on all of your continued success. A loss no matter how "small" we think it is is still a loss. Just think if we weren't OP what the scale would show! Mine kept getting bigger! Keep up the good work everyone. I hope you all have a great day! Raining here and pretty dreary. Ready for SNOW! I love it. I know, I'm weird.
Closed Thread