Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 260/226/160-170

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone, Hope your all having a good weekend.

Had a tough day today at work, stayed OP though, so I feel good about that. Potluck for someone who was retiring. Chips and salsa, lasagna, mac and cheese, ceasar salad, fruit tray, and the list goes on.

Canadiancandy--I was advised by my coach that I could have unlimited low sodium broth. I made my IP chicken soup with that. Actually tasted pretty good. Unfortunately not a lover of thick creamy soup, and had a hard time eating it until I made thinner, but means more to eat.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:11 PM   #32  
professor hardy harr!

Height: 5"1.5 (don't forget the .5)

Thank you bay 316 .... i am not sure if what i have is low sodium though so i will pick some up
Old 12-18-2011, 08:53 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 214/214/150

Height: 5'0"

Went shopping yesterday with a friend to the Low Carb Grocer. Purchased a few new things to try. This morning I made pancakes with New Hope Mills Pancake & Waffle Mix topped with WF syrup. They were DELICIOUS! The box says the recipe makes 4 x 4" pancakes. I made 8 x 3". So tomorrow's breakfast is as easy as popping them in the toaster to warm up. YUM!

Had a NSV on Friday when there was a fire drill at work. We're on the 16th floor. That's a LOT of stairs - even going down. With a bit of weight off, my knees were able to make the trip.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #34  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Well Its Sunday Morning... Which means that's its back to the grind for me!! I had a pretty decent night last night. The BF and I went to go watch some derby. It was a pretty good couple of bouts... I hope everyone is having a wonderful OP weekend... I will be excited once this holiday is over... My BF is a driver for FedEx. and So I really haven't seen much of him for the last 2-3 weeks...
Old 12-18-2011, 12:44 PM   #35  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Well hello everyone, looks like we are all just plugging through the holiday foods, only a few more days and all of that will be done!! I went to a Christmas Party last night and a few people didn't recognize me, they thought it was me but then thought naww can't be here. So of course when I went up to them to talk to them they realized it was me and freaked out a little. These are all people that work at the airport, I haven't been there since I started the program so needless to say they were a bit freaked out....lol...when they asked how much I have loss and I would say 112lbs that would freak them out even more. I told them I have 70lbs left to go then I will be done. Most of them said well you are already thin right now, I said OHHHHHH but just wait.....lol...you would think for a company party there would be a veggie tray right??....nope not one, lots of cheese and fruit though so I just sat there and drank my water, they all did a shot of tequila, asked if I wanted a shot, I said NOPE they said c'mon celebrate your weight loss...I said I am by not having a shot....lol....and just left it at that. So over all it was a good night!
Old 12-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #36  
Started IP 8.02.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Well hello everyone, looks like we are all just plugging through the holiday foods, only a few more days and all of that will be done!! I went to a Christmas Party last night and a few people didn't recognize me, they thought it was me but then thought naww can't be here. So of course when I went up to them to talk to them they realized it was me and freaked out a little. These are all people that work at the airport, I haven't been there since I started the program so needless to say they were a bit freaked out....lol...when they asked how much I have loss and I would say 112lbs that would freak them out even more. I told them I have 70lbs left to go then I will be done. Most of them said well you are already thin right now, I said OHHHHHH but just wait.....lol...you would think for a company party there would be a veggie tray right??....nope not one, lots of cheese and fruit though so I just sat there and drank my water, they all did a shot of tequila, asked if I wanted a shot, I said NOPE they said c'mon celebrate your weight loss...I said I am by not having a shot....lol....and just left it at that. So over all it was a good night!

Why is it that people feel like we always need to "celebrate" with Alcohol or Food??
Old 12-18-2011, 01:38 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Why is it that people feel like we always need to "celebrate" with Alcohol or Food??
I know right? but they know me well enough to know when I say NO it means NO and don't ask again.....lol
Old 12-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Happy Sunday and one week until Christmas to everyone. So I have my first WI tomorrow. I feel that I have done well this first week. No cheats which is excellent and no restricted foods other than 2 days of chili. I had a dream last night that we had a carry in at my familys house and I ate all kinds of carbs and bad stuff then after I ate it all I was like "What have I done I am on IP!" LOL. Dreams are funny. I have been really hungry in the evenings so I think I will have a pudding or jello about 7:30 to get me through. I have a dumb question. We have communion at church every week and a small little plastic cup of grape juice, please tell me that little amount won't mess me up. I don't think I have went through ketosis yet. Wonder why? Plus is FF whipped cream allowed, my coach told me I could have a small amount on my pudding or jello. Hope you are all having a wonderful day!
Old 12-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I know right? but they know me well enough to know when I say NO it means NO and don't ask again.....lol
It's funny that they think you need to reward yourself with alcohol. It's the "rewards" that tend to get us in trouble in the first place. You look awesome and the fact that you were able to be social without giving in to temptation is a wonderful statement of how far you have come.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:38 PM   #40  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
We have communion at church every week and a small little plastic cup of grape juice, please tell me that little amount won't mess me up. I don't think I have went through ketosis yet. Wonder why? Plus is FF whipped cream allowed, my coach told me I could have a small amount on my pudding or jello. Hope you are all having a wonderful day!
The fatfree whipped cream I checked out on the USDA site had 3 grams of carbs per tablespoon. PLEASE check before you use it. One ounce grape juice of unsweetened grape juice has 4.49 grams of carbohydrates. I think I'd take the tiniest sip you possibly can.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:40 PM   #41  

Thanks Linden. That is discouraging. I like my whipped cream. I will take a sparingly sip on Sunday. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:11 PM   #42  

One more question. Is Motrin acceptable during TOM or something different?
Old 12-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #43  
Started IP 8.02.11

Well my work day is just about half way over!! And the Seahawks WON!! So I am pretty stoked about that!! I love my football team!
Old 12-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 196/151/151

Height: 5'7

JellyMae, I'll have to chime in for Wuv the Saints won also. Geaux Saints!!!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 05:22 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuvs Mom View Post
JellyMae, I'll have to chime in for Wuv the Saints won also. Geaux Saints!!!!!
YES we DID!!...WHOOP WHOOP!!!
Closed Thread