Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 06:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Daily IP Chat 12/15/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 12-15-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/200.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! I hope every one has a wonderful OP day! I had my weigh in this morning... down 6 lbs! Very excited! Especially because I wanted to eat and eat and eat yesterday soooo bad (emotional eater) ... but I didn't! Except for my OP foods of course. Getting close to Onederland! May have to throw myself a party when I reach that...
Old 12-15-2011, 08:44 AM   #3  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!!! It's a warm, cloudy, almost rainy day here in South Louisiana. I hope that everyone has a fantastic day.

FoolishHeart -- What a great weigh-in! Congrats, and keep up the good work!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolishHeart View Post
Good morning everyone! I hope every one has a wonderful OP day! I had my weigh in this morning... down 6 lbs! Very excited! Especially because I wanted to eat and eat and eat yesterday soooo bad (emotional eater) ... but I didn't! Except for my OP foods of course. Getting close to Onederland! May have to throw myself a party when I reach that...
for 6 lbs! I avoided a Christmas luncheon yesterday LOL Sometimes (for me anyway) avoidance is just the answer!

Last edited by Ishbel; 12-15-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Oh...last night our electrical outlets (oven and microwave) gave us trouble again so while my dh worked on them I headed to my parents to make dinner. I had my scrambled eggs and then cooked up some crispy, salty, kale chips...poor mom had just made a wonderful smelling dinner with a cinnamon bunt cake and I took the lovely aroma of cinnamon out of her kitchen with the odor of kale chips...oops!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Good morning!!! It's a warm, cloudy, almost rainy day here in South Louisiana. I hope that everyone has a fantastic day.

Thanks so much!

From yesterday:

Quote from AuntDee: "After all my responses I'm sure you all are tired of looking at my snowman...

The last few days... I can't stand the site of vegetables, I don't want to take the time to cook them, cut them and eat them is like pulling teeth. Any one else have this issue? I'm creative in the cooking area, I stick them in soups, in the pudding packets and make muffins, salads, steamed, grilled, cover them with my meat-fish, I even like most on the list and switch them daily... I'm just plan tired of them. I love eatting the protein no problem, the packets no problem... just I have to force the veggies. I sit and stare at them, hoping they would turn into something else. It's week 11 and I truly normally, LOVE them. Maybe after venting will look at them differently. Any one else experience this?"

Just thought I might bring a different perspective to this problem... One of my goals on this diet is to learn to "eat to live" rather than to "live to eat." For me, that means acknowledging my feelings, but telling myself that it's got to be done (whether it's eating something I don't want to, or not eating when I really want to but it's not time yet). It's not easy, but I find that prayer helps.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Good Morning Everyone,
I hope that you don't mind that I started today's thread for us.

FoolishHeart, what a wonderful loss. You are doing wonderfully.

I hope everyone has a GREAT day OP.

I realized when I went to put my drinks in the fridge this morning at work that I had left my veggies and one of my drinks sitting on the kitchen table. SO, I'm drinking one now for breakfast and luckily I have a protein bar in my purse that I will have to eat for lunch. Then this evening will be back the swing of things.

Last edited by rissimo; 12-15-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #8  
Started IP 10/13/11

S/C/G: 280/170/210

Height: 5' 10

Good Morning To All,

WI# 9 -4lbs Total loss 44lbs... I cannot believe this (why did I not find this program before) Hoping everyone has IP success stories...
Old 12-15-2011, 09:15 AM   #9  
Happy Spring!

S/C/G: 195//35

Height: 5'5

Had quite the morning already, a father came to scream at me for punishing his child for fighting yesterday. I run a free breakfast program and the family doesnt agree with the policies, but I feel that if he doesnt like the program he does not have to attend. Anyways, trying to avoid stress eating now, hoping the rest of the day goes better.

'Foolish Heart' CONGRATULATIONS
Old 12-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #10  

Rissimo, I don't mind at all, in fact, I'm thankful!

Endless, what AMAZING results! I'm so happy for you?

And thanks everyone, for the congratulations. I'm very excited! I weigh in on my Wii Fit each week and FINALLY my BMI scale is not sliding to the very top of the "obese" category. It's in the middle now, and each week getting lower. I am so thankful for this plan!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 229/161/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolishHeart View Post
congrats on your loss

Last edited by hwmgrl; 12-15-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:27 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Dieter View Post
Good Morning To All,

WI# 9 -4lbs Total loss 44lbs... I cannot believe this (why did I not find this program before) Hoping everyone has IP success stories...
congrats!!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Good morning everyone. Tomorrow starts my first day on phase 3---just a temporary phase off for a 10 day vacation for those who don't already know---anyway, I am wondering if I can split up my breakfast meal into breakfast and then a snack an hour or two later. After eating nothing but a bar for breakfast all the food suggested for phase 3 is a bit daunting.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post

I am starting to think we are going to have a very warm christmas??
Old 12-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #15  

Good Morning !! I had my weigh in yesterday for a loss of 2lbs.. that makes my 3 month total 41lbs - I must say I am happy about that.

Went to my moms last night where we discussed that we will be minimizing our christmas treats so that I wouldn't have to be around to much and that we will add a veggie tray so I have something to snack on!! our traditional christmas dinner is seafood gumbo so I will be missing it this year but its ok because lets face it its louisiana and I can eat gumbo in the future!!

Heading to gulfport this weekend to do some last minute shopping at the outlet mall - hope everyone has a great OP day!!
Closed Thread