Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 02:09 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 12/12/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 12-12-2011, 02:39 AM   #2  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Well its not monday yet!! But I'm pretty stoked that I will be going to Monday night football!!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!! Wow, I am really going to miss my pumpkin spice 'lattes' (Pumpkin Spice coffee + IP Cappuccino) when they stop selling this flavor, I better stock up!! This morning it was all that got me out of bed, I love this little bit of quiet time before the kiddos get up. I'm also getting my energy back and feeling really great, so I'm sure I've made it into ketosis. I don't know why I hadn't heard of it before, I feel fabulous!

I am still SO sore from going to the Christmas parade Saturday night! I wore my 1.5 year old son for probably 2 - 2 1/2 hours and did at least 100 squats with this extra 30 lbs on my back to pick up beads, candy, and what not. My legs are so sore!!

I hope everyone has a great IP day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Well its not monday yet!! But I'm pretty stoked that I will be going to Monday night football!!
That sounds like fun!! I am really trying to finagle a way for DH to go to the Sugar Bowl down here. He is a huge Michigan fan, and it's not far away from us. He loves football though, really sports of any kind while I don't really understand it. I hope you have a blast!
Old 12-12-2011, 09:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!! Wow, I am really going to miss my pumpkin spice 'lattes' (Pumpkin Spice coffee + IP Cappuccino) when they stop selling this flavor, I better stock up!! This morning it was all that got me out of bed, I love this little bit of quiet time before the kiddos get up. I'm also getting my energy back and feeling really great, so I'm sure I've made it into ketosis. I don't know why I hadn't heard of it before, I feel fabulous!

I am still SO sore from going to the Christmas parade Saturday night! I wore my 1.5 year old son for probably 2 - 2 1/2 hours and did at least 100 squats with this extra 30 lbs on my back to pick up beads, candy, and what not. My legs are so sore!!

I hope everyone has a great IP day!!

That sounds like fun!! I am really trying to finagle a way for DH to go to the Sugar Bowl down here. He is a huge Michigan fan, and it's not far away from us. He loves football though, really sports of any kind while I don't really understand it. I hope you have a blast!

Are they doing away with the Cappuccino? I love that! Happy Monday to my fellow IPeeps. I am now working phase two in prep for my upcoming vacation. I started it Friday the 9th and today is my WI day. This coming Friday will be the start of phase 3 for a week and then vacation! I will be happy to maintain my present weight and then jump right back on to phase 1 January 2nd. I am also considering buying my products online and dumping my coach. I can weigh and measure myself at home and I get more guidance and coaching here than I do from my coach. I hope everyone has a great OP week.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Are they doing away with the Cappuccino? I love that! Happy Monday to my fellow IPeeps. I am now working phase two in prep for my upcoming vacation. I started it Friday the 9th and today is my WI day. This coming Friday will be the start of phase 3 for a week and then vacation! I will be happy to maintain my present weight and then jump right back on to phase 1 January 2nd. I am also considering buying my products online and dumping my coach. I can weigh and measure myself at home and I get more guidance and coaching here than I do from my coach. I hope everyone has a great OP week.
I have a friend who buys online and just talks to her coach over the phone. She didn't have the option of doing it any other way as there isn't a location close enough to her. She said she would prefer to have someone local, but it still works out okay for her.

So on your vacation are you just going to be doing maintenance? I'm going on a cruise late February and when it gets closer I'll need to figure out the best way to handle it. I really don't want to phase off, but on the other hand I can't see myself using my shaker on the ship either. At this point I'm guessing I'll just phase down to phase 3 for that week I'm on the ship and then back to phase 1 once I'm back. I'll just have to talk to my coach and get her feed back too.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I have a friend who buys online and just talks to her coach over the phone. She didn't have the option of doing it any other way as there isn't a location close enough to her. She said she would prefer to have someone local, but it still works out okay for her.

So on your vacation are you just going to be doing maintenance? I'm going on a cruise late February and when it gets closer I'll need to figure out the best way to handle it. I really don't want to phase off, but on the other hand I can't see myself using my shaker on the ship either. At this point I'm guessing I'll just phase down to phase 3 for that week I'm on the ship and then back to phase 1 once I'm back. I'll just have to talk to my coach and get her feed back too.
I am doing phase 2 for one week and phase 3 for one week and then while I am on vacation I will just make the best food choices I can. There is a really good thread discussing vacations. It is "Vacation Report (long post). I have bumped it back up for you. There is some really great info and results related to vacations and eating off plan. Enjoy your cruise!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #7  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all

Hope you all had a great weekend and have a great OP week. I did a bunch of baking for Christmas this weekend. I really miss baking for people. I love to give it as christmas presents. This year I am trying a bunch of new recipes and so far so good. It is the time of year when we are all so busy running around and trying to get everything down for that 1 special day. Remember to stay hydrated and enjoy the time with family and friends. I am going to various christmas parties and plan to bring vegetables and things I can eat as well, even though I am on maintenance now I find I prefer to eat how i did in phase 2. We have to remember to take care of ourselves as this time of year people seem to get more run down and easier to get sick.

Have a great week all.

Joanne
Old 12-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
WOOHOO!!!...so jealous...you are going to have a great time...I'll look for you on tv....hahaha

Quote:
Sorry your coach isn't working out for you. Are you going to try to stick with IP products or switching to alternatives? If you are going to stick to IP, I don't think they will let you order online if there is a clinic near you. I think you have to be so many miles away from a clinic before you are able to do that (Just from what I have read). Good luck though, there is enough knowledge on here that is for sure.

Good morning everyone, I am up bright and early this morning, had to bring a neighbor to work for 8am. Had a pretty good weekend with the boys, now its time to start a new week, one week closer to Christmas and the Holidays being over! Don't forget to post WI's in the spreadsheet. Last week's Total worked out to be the SAME as the week before...how crazy is that?...Lets try to break the 100lb mark for a total loss for the week....I think we can DO IT!!!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 206/174/160

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
I am doing phase 2 for one week and phase 3 for one week and then while I am on vacation I will just make the best food choices I can. There is a really good thread discussing vacations. It is "Vacation Report (long post). I have bumped it back up for you. There is some really great info and results related to vacations and eating off plan. Enjoy your cruise!
Good to know!

I should be "done" with phase 1 by the time I go on my cruise (let's hope...it's in June haha!) but I have a question - if I'm already on phase 3, go on the cruise...find out I've gained some weight...is it okay to go back on to phase 1 to get the weight off?
Old 12-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmayhem View Post
Good to know!

I should be "done" with phase 1 by the time I go on my cruise (let's hope...it's in June haha!) but I have a question - if I'm already on phase 3, go on the cruise...find out I've gained some weight...is it okay to go back on to phase 1 to get the weight off?
Most definitely!!!...that is what is so great about this program, we can always fall back on phase 1 to get rid of what was gained
Old 12-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Are they doing away with the Cappuccino? I love that!
Whoops! Sorry, no they're not (at least to my knowledge). The Pumpkin Spice coffee is a limited edition though, that's what I was talking about. Apparently they only sell it during Christmas.

I love the IP Cappuccino too, I'm actually using alternatives now but the cappuccino was the first thing I needed to find a replicate for! I can actually see myself starting the day with it even when I'm in phase 4.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Went with my daughter to see Wicked yesterday! Love love love that show! It was my 3rd time and I thoroughly enjoyed it as much as the first. If you get a chance to see it, please do!

My first WI is Wednesday and I've fared pretty well this week. Stuck to the program 100% and feel good compared to what others have reported (headache, nausea, tiredness, etc).

I'm getting an extra IP pack for my first week - my coach recommended it for between breakfast and lunch, whick I'm glad I have because I do get hungry before lunch. However, I still get really hungry (stomach gnawing) about 2.5 hours after lunch and it lasts till dinner. I'm currently having 8oz of protein at dinner. Yesterday I put 2oz of protein in my lunch and took it out of dinner's portion. It helped a bit. I'm just a bit worried about week 2 without the extra packet.

I was planning on keeping my snack in the evening after dinner when I phase down to 3 packs. Does the hunger between meals get better? Do you have any tips for dealing with it? I'm pushing my breakfast forward an hour so ther's less time between B & L. That stinks cuz I'm hungry when I wake up. Is this a good idea or am I asking for trouble because I'm letting myself get too hungry??

Sorry for the long post, but would really appreciate the input!

Pam
Old 12-12-2011, 10:51 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
WOOHOO!!!...so jealous...you are going to have a great time...I'll look for you on tv....hahaha

Sorry your coach isn't working out for you. Are you going to try to stick with IP products or switching to alternatives? If you are going to stick to IP, I don't think they will let you order online if there is a clinic near you. I think you have to be so many miles away from a clinic before you are able to do that (Just from what I have read). Good luck though, there is enough knowledge on here that is for sure.
Hi Wuv, I plan on staying with the IP products. I really like the fact that IP has already done all the "math" so to speak with what we need nutrition wise. If I'm not able to order online there is another coach in my area, just not as close to me.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #14  

You could always eat a cup of veggies in between your meals if you choose and only have 1 cup with your meal. Lettuce is unlimited so you could fix you a salad and eat it in between your meals. Drink lots of water and hot tea, that usually helps with the hunger. You get used of having the 3 packets a day, I have never had 4 packets. I keep myself busy drinking my water so I don't think about eating. Half of the time I am forgetting to eat...lol. You just have to come up with what is going to work for you. Once you find it, it will be so easy for you. I eat my breakfast around 10'ish, lunch about 2ish and dinner about 7ish and my snack about 11ish. If I get hungry in between I'll eat a few pickles to tide me over. Its been my routine for the last 31 weeks and seems to work for me
Old 12-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #15  

Quote:
Hi Wuv, I plan on staying with the IP products. I really like the fact that IP has already done all the "math" so to speak with what we need nutrition wise. If I'm not able to order online there is another coach in my area, just not as close to me.
Ok good, glad there is another coach in your area. You are so right about the "math" done for us. Its so easy to stay OP this way!...I just wanted you to be aware
Closed Thread