3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   jello (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/248429-jello.html)

idealpromom 12-08-2011 09:32 PM

jello

Hi everyone,
Anyone have any ideas for using the rasp. jello for a possible drink?

NavyMommy 12-08-2011 11:00 PM

Do you not like them as jello? I've heard some people add some flavorings to them, or even layer them with a pudding to make several smaller 'snacks' to eat throughout the day. Have you checked out FinnSteven's posts?

I have heard of people trying to have them like a drink, but IIRC they get all lumpy and the texture is off. Unless maybe you could mix it with shaved ice or something I think the gelatin would set and it would be at least a little lumpy.

They were always my favorite IP food in the evenings. I miss them now that I'm on alternatives, even though I did find a pretty good substitute.

sandralosingweight 12-09-2011 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyMommy (Post 4133333)
Do you not like them as jello? I've heard some people add some flavorings to them, or even layer them with a pudding to make several smaller 'snacks' to eat throughout the day. Have you checked out FinnSteven's posts?

I have heard of people trying to have them like a drink, but IIRC they get all lumpy and the texture is off. Unless maybe you could mix it with shaved ice or something I think the gelatin would set and it would be at least a little lumpy.

They were always my favorite IP food in the evenings. I miss them now that I'm on alternatives, even though I did find a pretty good substitute.

hello there,

Can you please tell me what is the substitute you found? Cause I did not find any jello as an alternative except the ones having aspartame in them.

Thanks for letting me know :)

NavyMommy 12-09-2011 08:04 AM

Sure, they're the Pure Protein ones from Nausha Nutrition. Here's the link http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...in-3-pack.html

I bought the Cherry ones and they're alright, but maybe a bit chemically? Not nearly as good as the IP ones, but it will be a good substitute, especially once I get myself back in ketosis and my tastebuds start to change again.

sandralosingweight 12-09-2011 08:49 AM

Thank you very much :)

Tmg1989 12-19-2011 12:21 PM

Jello Question

Hi. My coach said jello is a must every other day for the collagen. Has anyone heard a reason to NOT have it every day?

Busymomx4 12-19-2011 12:25 PM

I usually make the jello and freeze it than its like sorbet to eat and lasts longer.

DanafromAustin 12-19-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmg1989 (Post 4141968)
Hi. My coach said jello is a must every other day for the collagen. Has anyone heard a reason to NOT have it every day?

My coach said the same thing. I'm sure you could have it everyday if you wanted, but at least every other day.

MustangMolly 12-19-2011 04:23 PM

Hmmm, my coach never said anything about the jello for the collagen. Once I get back from vacation I am going to change my IP choices and add the jello as my before and after exercise packet.

canadiancandy 12-19-2011 04:31 PM

There is also a drink which has collagen

Linden 12-19-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmg1989 (Post 4141968)

Yes. A very GOOD reason. The packet doesn't contain the 9 essential amino acids. I was told to use it very occasionally. BUT. You can get all the collagen you want from one or more Knox envelopes. Just make your own stevia-sweetened and flavored jello with Da Vinci, Mio, or whatever. One packet has 25 calories and FIVE grams of protein. No carbs, no colesterol, etc.

Tmg1989 12-19-2011 07:30 PM

Thanks everyone! Appreciate the replies.

GloverParker 12-19-2011 10:12 PM

My coach tonight told me that the jello and blueberry cran drink should be used no more than twice a week because of the lack of amino acids -they're fine to use more if you're using one as a fourth packet for the day.

Tmg1989 12-20-2011 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloverParker (Post 4142446)
My coach tonight told me that the jello and blueberry cran drink should be used no more than twice a week because of the lack of amino acids -they're fine to use more if you're using one as a fourth packet for the day.

Thanks. I have been using it as my snack at night. Dont like a heavier snack in the evening.

SomedayBubblySomeday 12-20-2011 09:53 AM

Hmm... I hate all jello, so I have been using the blueberry drink every other day. My handout says nothing about restricting it to twice a week, and encourages using either the jello or blueberry drink every other day. Funny how things differ...