Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #16  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

Another weekend that I survived being 100% OP

Funny story, I bought some snacks for my DH and I got a good deal on those small Christmas chocolate balls, a whole bag for $1. So as I prepared him breakfast, I thought why not use some of these in order to make him a chocolate sandwish, so I used some of them on the bread and heated the sandwish and took it to him. Once he ate, he thought that he had a Nutella sandwish, he had no idea. So, the day after, he came to me outraged, and I couldn't figure why, what is wrong! So... he said that he was so angry at me because I am letting myself go eating all these chocolate balls while pretending I am on my diet, he knows that he did not even open the bag LOL! hehehe, I was so happy and proud to tell him that I did not even taste one, that they were used in the sandwish he ate. He was so relieved and he told me he is so proud of me

Today, I weighed myself on my old scale at home, I usually weigh myself at the fancy digital scale that I got at my mom's place, I do know that there is usually a difference of 4-5 pounds between these two, so, as I weighed today, I got 198 on my home scale, so... I am thinking that I must be around 203 pounds by now! So finally... I broke the 205! I am almost sure, but will check tomorrow on my mom's scale.

We decided to have Chinese fondue for our Christmas (which is kind of our tradition by now having fondue for Christmas) and I am so happy because with that I can eat beef, pork, chicken + vegetables and be 100% OP while skipping the chocolate, cheese and fruits.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying OP.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #17  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning!

My bachelorette party was on Saturday and I had the best time ever! My coach and I discussed my plan for December since there are so many wedding events happening this month and I plan on fully participating in them. I had my cocktails but really didn't go overboard on the food. One mini cupcake and I was more than satisfied.

I finally uploaded some pics too. I had my first dress fitting on Saturday and the corset back almost laces all the way closed! I also need to find a smaller sized bra to wear. I was so happy. The picture on the left is from March and the dress is a size 22. The pic on the right is from Sat. The dress is a 20 and will be taken in for sure!

Feels good to get back OP. I'm kind of getting to experience a little how maintenance will work this month. After the wedding, I'll be 100% back on until I hit my goal!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #18  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Hmm - my sig picture is not showing up. Need to go figure that out.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #19  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Glad you had fun at your party Misswinter. That dress is pretty and I can really see the difference in weights. Go you!

I am one pound away from the 25 pound mark. It feels good to stay OP and not have to restart and restart. I am going to break up my callanetics. It had me so sore last week, but I was stretched. I will do it every other day from now own and add pilates to my walking days.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #20  
Started IP Oct 11, 2011

S/C/G: 260/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Good morning all!!! I had a fabulous weekend even attended a baby shower that I made the cake for and I didn't have a single bite of cake!! I brought my own salad and had a chocolate drink and a mango drink while I was there! It's so nice to feel proud of myself!!!! Hope everyone has a great week staying OP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswinter View Post
Good morning!

My bachelorette party was on Saturday and I had the best time ever! My coach and I discussed my plan for December since there are so many wedding events happening this month and I plan on fully participating in them. I had my cocktails but really didn't go overboard on the food. One mini cupcake and I was more than satisfied.

I finally uploaded some pics too. I had my first dress fitting on Saturday and the corset back almost laces all the way closed! I also need to find a smaller sized bra to wear. I was so happy. The picture on the left is from March and the dress is a size 22. The pic on the right is from Sat. The dress is a 20 and will be taken in for sure!!
CONGRATS!!! I am looking forward to trying on wedding dresses coming up for my wedding but that is a great accomplishment!
Old 12-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #21  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post
I am one pound away from the 25 pound mark. It feels good to stay OP and not have to restart and restart. I am going to break up my callanetics. It had me so sore last week, but I was stretched. I will do it every other day from now own and add pilates to my walking days.
Nice going. Why don't you take a look at T-Tapp? It's much like callanetics but much easier on the body with same results -- or at least for me. There are a LOT of free videos, enough that you could almost make up your own program if you like it.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #22  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning everyone.
Congrats to everyone on their WI's and on their NSV's !!!!!

Long weekend for me, but that was just because I threw my back out pretty bad. Plus I had to move the neighbor's and my yard one more time to get the rest of the leaves up, shouldn't have done it the way my back felt but at least it's done for the season.

Went shopping with the wife yesterday out of town, the first time since our 9 month old was born, she was all excited.
She tried to get me to take her out to eat after we were done shopping, and yes there is a restaurant with an IP menu there, but I told her I didn't want to start the habit of going out to eat when we are out of town. That was what we always used to do and I didn't want the first time we go out together to be just like before.

She was a little upset, but in the end I think she understood.
I hope everyone has a great day and stays positive and OP!!!!

Trying to stay optimistic about my WI tomorrow, after 3 pounds lost in the past 2 weeks combined, I am really hoping for a better week this week.
But only time will tell.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #23  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Morning everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend. We had our Dutch Christmas family get together yesterday and it was great to see people I haven't seen in a year. i got alot of amazing compliments and some were even itching to give IP a try to there we were looking for clinics close to them. I brought my own food and stayed OP. All that yummy food will be there next year or we'll just have a mini Dutch Christmas when I'm finished my journey.
On the downside my MIL and SIL decided that yesterday would be a good time to put me down and tell me that as soon as I'm done I'm just going to eat the same way I use to and gain everything back and then some or that i'll be eating IP foodfor the rest of my life. GRRRRR! So frustrating but I just said nope. I'm learning how to eat the right way and its never coming back. That didn't seem to help much but Oh well. DH knows i can do this and most of all I know I can do this.!!!! Onward and upward for me! (well I guess I should say downward instead)
Everyone have a great day OP today!!!!!
Old 12-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #24  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
Good morning everyone.
Congrats to everyone on their WI's and on their NSV's !!!!!

Long weekend for me, but that was just because I threw my back out pretty bad. Plus I had to move the neighbor's and my yard one more time to get the rest of the leaves up, shouldn't have done it the way my back felt but at least it's done for the season.

Went shopping with the wife yesterday out of town, the first time since our 9 month old was born, she was all excited.
She tried to get me to take her out to eat after we were done shopping, and yes there is a restaurant with an IP menu there, but I told her I didn't want to start the habit of going out to eat when we are out of town. That was what we always used to do and I didn't want the first time we go out together to be just like before.

She was a little upset, but in the end I think she understood.
I hope everyone has a great day and stays positive and OP!!!!

Trying to stay optimistic about my WI tomorrow, after 3 pounds lost in the past 2 weeks combined, I am really hoping for a better week this week.
But only time will tell.
I just looked at your sig. You are SO CLOSE!!! Fabulous job! Can't wait till you get there!
Old 12-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 250/200.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everybody! Hope y'all had a great weekend! We were busy but seemingly got very little done... hmm...

Hoping to get our Christmas tree today... after DH does some training at his employment agency. They have a new job posting they're prepping him for (and I am praying, praying praying!).

WI this morning went really well, -4 lbs (in 4 days!)! I realized around Thursday last week that I was drinking the minimum amount of water, but really needed to get back up to 100 oz, like Wuv reminds us. I did and wow! What a result! I'm at 3.5 weeks on program, and have lost 16 lbs. I'm super stoked.

I also switched my meat protein from lunch to dinner. Not sure how much that's contributing to the extra loss this week, I really think it was the water more than anything. It also cleared up some "backed up" issues I was having. Yay water!

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day! Stick with it! We know it works!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 250/200.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazzledmom04 View Post
Morning everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend. We had our Dutch Christmas family get together yesterday and it was great to see people I haven't seen in a year. i got alot of amazing compliments and some were even itching to give IP a try to there we were looking for clinics close to them. I brought my own food and stayed OP. All that yummy food will be there next year or we'll just have a mini Dutch Christmas when I'm finished my journey.
On the downside my MIL and SIL decided that yesterday would be a good time to put me down and tell me that as soon as I'm done I'm just going to eat the same way I use to and gain everything back and then some or that i'll be eating IP foodfor the rest of my life. GRRRRR! So frustrating but I just said nope. I'm learning how to eat the right way and its never coming back. That didn't seem to help much but Oh well. DH knows i can do this and most of all I know I can do this.!!!! Onward and upward for me! (well I guess I should say downward instead)
Good for you! Congratulations on the compliments, that must have felt REALLY GOOD! Your MIL and SIL sound jealous... sounds like you're succeeding to me!!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwmgrl View Post
Hello all!!! Hope everyone had a great weekend and congrats to all the weekend losses and good luck to everyone going today.

We had a busy weekend here - shopping, bowling, bowling, and of course football! Way to geaux tigers we are going to the national championship and gonna beat bama again!!

I actually broke down and went shopping for some new pants cause most of mine were beginning to fall off. I mostly wear jeans and t's because I dont have to dress up (stay at home mom and personal baker) so I found some jeans at vf outlet for $6.00!!!! I love when I find a good find especially since I hope to not be wearing them very long !!

Hope everyone has on OP day!!!!!
I was outlet shopping this weekend, too! I did try on some jeans, but I didn't buy them. They were one size smaller than the ones I have at home, but they still looked too big in the butt and legs so I figured I would save my money for my new LSU outfit to wear for the BCS game!! Geaux Tigers, Beat Bama!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzsh View Post
I am having such a hard time because my success is so slow. Frustrating. I have heard many people lose 25 lbs in a month. I have lost 27.2 in 3 months. I believe I am sticking to the plan, go to my appts., and only struggled at thanksgiving for which I still lost one pound. Any suggestions or are my expectations too high?

I am so proud of all that I see are sticking with it!!!!
I think that the more you have to lose, the higher the losses are at first. But it looks like the closer you get to your goal the smaller the losses get. But, as Wuv would say, a loss is a loss!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
I'll tell you this....I can't imagine the first few days of IP being anymore difficult than fasting for 24 hours then drinking some nasty stuff (a gallon of it) and spending 3-4 hours in the bathroom! If I can do that, I can do anything, right? Lol
I haven't had the pleasure of having that little test done yet, but I have to agree with you (at least from what I have heard!! Yuck!!) Good luck!!

Good morning everyone!! Had an awesome weekend with my two friends shopping and watching LSU stomp them Dawgs!! We all are eating healthier and exercising so it was very easy for me to stay OP all weekend. For the first time in my life I got up and made use of the hotel gym and I felt great after doing it!! I've always wanted to, but never wanted to get up early to do it. I think working out Saturday and Sunday mornings motivated me even more. All in all, it was a great trip.
Wishing everyone a great OP day!!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #28  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
On the downside my MIL and SIL decided that yesterday would be a good time to put me down
I am sorry, but as one of the few males on this forum who posts regularly I have to address this.

What does your DH say when this type of stuff happens? I love my parents, and I love my brother, but I would never let one of my family members to that type of stuff to my wife.
The one time my brother made my wife cry, and it turns out he was just being stupid he didn't mean to upset her, but I told him off, put him in his place.
I told him he would not come to my house again until he apologized and set things straight with my wife.
I have to say it, your in-laws sound like, well you know what.

Sorry, I am to the point in my life that I have little time for stuff like that, family is important, but you and your DH are together everyday, that relationship should be more important than his sister etc.

As usual this is just my opinion but damn wth!!

My mother has dieted for decades, she finally lost the weight about 2 years ago but has been forced on her back for most of the last 18 months due to back problems, 2 surgeries including a fusion surgery in Sept.
She is very supportive of us, but she is constantly telling me you have to do this, you have to do that to keep the weight off, she does it from a good place so I haven't told her that I am different from her and I will keep it off.

But I take it with a grain of salt and just agree with her, but she is doing it much more constructive than you family is being.

O.k. I am just rambling, I guess my point is same something to you DH, and if he won't say anything I am at a loss.
We are here for you, we will support you, we will believe in you.
I hope you have a better week.

This just really irked me.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #29  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
I second what Wayward said! This is just crazy. Our family should be the ones supporting us. In the absence of that, we are here and we believe you can do it and that this will be something that will last for life!

I decided to put my original start weight back in my signature because I was feeling like I wasn't getting anywhere. I know I haven't been on plan, which is my own fault, but rather than beat myself up, I'm going to remember where I started and that even though I had a bad week or two, I've lost a lot of weight!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
I'm really sorry... This attitude seems to happen to me a lot lately. It really got around work like wild fire that I had lost 100 lbs. I have a lot of difficulty with direct questions (sometimes too honest lol) so for the first day when someone who didn't know what I was doing asked me "how long did it take" I would say "7 months"...now I say "within the past year" (cause that's not a lie). But you could and can see the judgements in their eyes.

My sister is a HUGE supporter/fan of mine, I usually go to her when I recognize I need a specific pep talk. Always, ALWAYS her response is "that's about them, not about you...chin up sista...you got this". So as hard as it is to hear, it truly is about their world and reality. Some people have a fear of sucess within themselves...others have a fear of sucess of those around them.

Chin up sista! YOU GOT THIS!

Last edited by Ishbel; 12-05-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Closed Thread