Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 11:39 AM   #31  
Time to take care of me!

S/C/G: 164/ See tracker :)

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
Good morning all!!! I hope everyone's day are off to a great start. All I know right now is I'm obsessed with cabbage. Its the only veggie I want right now. My hubby laughs at me because I had to go buy 3 more heads to last me the week. Anyone else get on a veggie and stay on it for a while? I have been eating cabbage everyday since back OP Friday.
I too have my weekly veggie loves One week it's cucumbers (with lemon juice and sea salt), then broccoli (steamed, with sea salt), and zucchini. I do need to change them up a bit, because otherwise I get bored and frustrated. I need to find me more recipes with spinach and a recipe for zucchini-chocolate cake (with the IP chocolate pudding packet)---If anyone knows one, please share
Old 11-29-2011, 11:53 AM   #32  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

wuv2bloved: Thank you so much for your link to my food survey question. It will help today in making my first food choices. I did find the survey I had seen previously in the FAQ's. It was from Oct of 2009, so I am sure many of the selections have changed. Again, thank you!
Old 11-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #33  
Time to take care of me!

S/C/G: 164/ See tracker :)

Height: 5'0"

Hello everyone!!!
I have WI#3 today... I haven't cheated/sabotagged myself through the holiday, but timing my meals was waaayyyyy off I don't think I lost as much weight as I would like to, but I fit in my jeans without wiggling!!! Also, even though I've been drinking water,I haven't been as conscientious about writing it down on my food log, so I really don't know if I've met my daily quota. I'm really stressed with full-time work, and full-time school, too many changes at one time, but I need to stay focused.
Stay strong everyone
Old 11-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

I am on a sliced baby bella mushroom kick - just sauteed in a little olive oil. I cook up a box nearly every night for dinner and save some to add to my morning omelet.

NSV today - went to get my hair done and slipped right into the salon chair.....didn't worry about fitting into the chair....just sat down and relaxed. Had a good therapy session with my hair dresser to boot!

Looking forward to my WI in the morning - how weird to say THAT?!?
Old 11-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #35  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Hi everyone! Just got back from my WI and I'm down 3 pounds this week. My ticker finally shows I have less than 100 pounds to go to get to my goal. Plus my body fat is really starting to drop now too. I think the walking I've been doing is really helping.

A beautiful, but cool day here in Austin. Time to finish up my bottle of water and I think I will take the dog out for a nice long walk today as I hear it's suppose to be raining here in the next day or so. Hope everyone is having a great day. Now off to read everyone's post.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:28 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 250/200.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDi2010 View Post
BusyMom, i totally have the same thing going on right now. I believe i woke up with a cold because i have been coughing sneezing and just feel plain icky.. and its the TOM. When i feel sick i never feel like eating, so i hope i can at least eat my veggies today. All i really want to do is sleep, but alas there is homework that needs to be done. Hope you feel better soon! I've got my trusty Zicam next to me haha
I hope you feel better! (And everyone else suffering colds and TOM!).

I've never had sauerkraut before... I'm gonna look into that!

I know when I'm hungry, or just want to munch, some hot tea really helps. Right now I'm stuck on this apple cider tea with a bit of Splenda. So perfect for the holiday season! A pickle spear every now and then helps too, especially because it's salty and crunchy.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 250/200.5/130

My phase 1 sheet says onions are allowed, but raw only. Does anyone know why? Also, does that apply to other onion-y approved (like leeks)? I've sautéed them a couple of times and added leeks to a veggie soup once.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #38  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
Good morning all!!! I hope everyone's day are off to a great start. All I know right now is I'm obsessed with cabbage. Its the only veggie I want right now. My hubby laughs at me because I had to go buy 3 more heads to last me the week. Anyone else get on a veggie and stay on it for a while? I have been eating cabbage everyday since back OP Friday.
I buy a head of cabbage a week and chop it then put it into 2 cup baggies so I can just dump it in the pot and cook it. How I have been preparing mine is to saute it in olive oil then sprinkle a packet of splenda on it..OMG....WHOLE different taste!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I'm sure that this has been asked before, but I'm new. Is green cabbage allowed on IP or is it just red?

I made it through my first day of IP yesterday with no problem. I was kind of shocked by how much protein goes with dinner. I weighed it, and said to myself, "I'll never be able to eat that much meat!" But I did!

Onward to day two! I really think this forum is fantastic.

Mary
I look at my supper as my reward....I LOVE MY MEAT!!!....haha....sometimes I have problems eating it but its SOOOO worth it....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Green cabbage is allowed. Congrats on making it thru your first day and good luck for day two. This is my second week and I have to admit, it has been hard, but not as hard as I thought. I didn't really think that I would beable to make it this far. I am the kind that will give into my cravings. But seeing the numbers go down is what I believe is keeping me going as well as seeing Wuv's pictures and everyone else's. Wuv has been a BIG part in me being able to stick to plan!

You will get alot of encouragement, support and advice from everyone here. I am so glad that I found this forum.
I am glad that I can be part of helping you stick to the plan. You will soon be able to post your own progress pics to keep you going

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac36 View Post
wuv2bloved: Thank you so much for your link to my food survey question. It will help today in making my first food choices. I did find the survey I had seen previously in the FAQ's. It was from Oct of 2009, so I am sure many of the selections have changed. Again, thank you!
You are welcome, I am glad you found what you were looking for.

Hey everyone, I see some of you are struggling to stay on plan. Keep yourself busy, do something that doesn't make you think of food, like one poster said she vacuumed for 45 mins, read a book, do extra work at work. I work at home so I keep myself busy on this site or do my other work so I don't think about food. Most of the time I get caught up and have to remind myself to eat. You have to retrain your mind to NOT focus on food and put your focus on something else.

Some are having trouble with drinking all of the water, Some people put rubberbands on their water bottle and each time they finish a bottle they take it off and when they are all gone you know you have had your water for the day. Set yourself up a goal of how many bottles water you want to drink in a day and put those many rubberbands on your bottle. I drink 2-12cup pots of tea/water a day, sometimes 4 liters a day. You just have to set your mind to it....THIS IS POSSIBLE!!!...Trust me I am 30 weeks into this program and probably still have another 30 weeks to go but its ALL WORTH IT TO ME!!!

Great job on the WI's so far this week and Good Luck to those who WI today
Old 11-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #39  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbebe View Post
Morning Everyone.
Well today is WI#5 and I am sure hoping I see something great on the scales today. This has been an expensive slow loss on IP for me. I am thinking maybe it is all the sodium in these packages? Hmmmm. Anyhoo, I wish everyone lots of luck to whomever is weighing in today. I will post my results when back this afternoon. God, which is a long ways away it is only 4:30am here on the West. Why am I up?
As much as I like the soups and herb and cheese omelet I had to stop eating them because of the sodium. I was just retaining too much water. Now I stick to the bars, RTD vanilla or chocolate and the puddings at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I'm sure that this has been asked before, but I'm new. Is green cabbage allowed on IP or is it just red?

I made it through my first day of IP yesterday with no problem. I was kind of shocked by how much protein goes with dinner. I weighed it, and said to myself, "I'll never be able to eat that much meat!" But I did!

Onward to day two! I really think this forum is fantastic.

Mary
I'm the same way with the protein at night. Several days a week I eat about 3oz of protein with my lunch and save the rest for dinner.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #40  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolishHeart View Post
My phase 1 sheet says onions are allowed, but raw only. Does anyone know why? Also, does that apply to other onion-y approved (like leeks)? I've sautéed them a couple of times and added leeks to a veggie soup once.
Cooked onions turn to sugar that is why we can't have them.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:00 PM   #41  
IP Start Date Oct. 15/11

S/C/G: 270.3 / 189.8 / 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by chod45 View Post
Good morning...I was so hungry yesterday, all day...tried so hard to not cheat...but I fell off the diet last night and wonder why this morning? I had two restricted and then found some ranch veggie dip in my fridge that my daughter left after a visit..the ranch dip that comes with the veggie tray from Costco...well I didn't eat any carrots...or any peas...but I sure enjoyed the brocolli and a whole bunch of that yummy tasting dip in the evening..I am throwing the rest of it away...so this morning the scale is up one pound...which I am not surprised.
So I guess my question is why do I have days that I am so hungry? I am in the middle of my third week. Also, how bad is ranch dressing? it has no carbs in it?
Oh well, today is another day and I will stick to the program 100%
Enjoy this day
I was really really hungry in my 3rd week as well, growling stomach and hunger pangs. When I discussed it with my coach, she said to add a 4th packet (non-restricted) on those days if water/tea/pickles don't suffice.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #42  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Wuv, I just have to say, your new hair style with the bangs is gorgeous! Frames that beautiful face and your million dollar smile to perfection. I just love seeing your progress pics, you are doing AWESOME!
Old 11-29-2011, 02:19 PM   #43  
Polar bear

S/C/G: 135

Height: 5feet 1 in

Quote:
Fried onions cause them to carmalize and form sugars...
Old 11-29-2011, 02:24 PM   #44  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Hello,

Once the onion is cooked, it caramalizes (which means it releases sugar), and this is why it is only allowed to be eaten raw.

As for leeks, I see on the Phase I sheet that it is allowed, nothing mentioned about it being raw only.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #45  
Start IP 11/15/11

S/C/G: 169.2/163.8/140

WI today...-4.2 pounds for week 2.
Closed Thread