Old 11-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Default Annual Checkup - Surprises after one month of maintenance

So I had my annual checkup (which I've avoided for 3 years, so I guess it's not annual ).

First of all, I'm taller. I don't know if losing the weight improved my posture, but I always thought I was a little over 5'6" and I'm now a hair over 5'7".

Secondly, I talked to my doctor about the fact that I keep losing weight on maintenance and after reviewing what I eat his advice was that it appears I have a very fast metabolism (thank you IP) so I should gradually add more snacks in. He said he would like to see me about 8-15 pounds heavier, but that a portion of that could be achieved through building more muscle.

He did order a full blood panel, including full hormone level testing (I'm glad for that, I would like a baseline of my hormone levels before menopause hits so I can track any changes). I'm thankful to IP - the doctor said I'm in great health for my age, and a lot of that is because of the focus on health (not just the diet, also the water/supplements) that this plan has given me.

Thanks to all of you!

Last edited by BCGirl; 11-23-2011 at 04:30 PM.
BCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #2  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Yeah! Excellent. Thanks for passing on the good news.

I go for my semi-annual bloodwork/checkup just before Christmas. I will only have been in maintenance a few weeks but I am so looking forward to spectacular numbers.
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Wow - fantastic results! Congratulations.
misswinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your news! You must feel like a million bucks! Way to go!
meant2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:25 PM   #5  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGirl View Post
So I had my annual checkup (which I've avoided for 3 years, so I guess it's not annual ).

First of all, I'm taller. I don't know if losing the weight improved my posture, but I always thought I was a little over 5'6" and I'm now a hair over 5'7".

Secondly, I talked to my doctor about the fact that I keep losing weight on maintenance and after reviewing what I eat his advice was that it appears I have a very fast metabolism (thank you IP) so I should gradually add more snacks in. He said he would like to see me about 8-15 pounds heavier, but that a portion of that could be achieved through building more muscle.

He did order a full blood panel, including full hormone level testing (I'm glad for that, I would like a baseline of my hormone levels before menopause hits so I can track any changes). I'm thankful to IP - the doctor said I'm in great health for my age, and a lot of that is because of the focus on health (not just the diet, also the water/supplements) that this plan has given me.

Thanks to all of you!

In summary
That's great! You might be prepared for your progesterone levels to be rather high--mine sure were. Progesterone is stored in fat and when we start losing fat, it seems to make those level climb quite high. Mine stabilized when my weight loss slowed up.

It feels nice to be healthy, doesn't it!
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:35 AM   #6  

Height: 5'0"

Wow - I'd love to grow taller on this diet. Being 5'0 sucks sometimes!
shelly ann is offline   Reply With Quote