Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 01:52 PM   #46  

Thanks to everyone for the nice welcome. I have a good coach but no person can know everything there is to know so I am looking forward to finding out tips and tricks from the trenches. Like new ways to prepare vegetables (probably eaten more green vegetables this past 2 weeks than I have in the past 10 years combined).

Should have also mentioned I am a male, 37 years old.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #47  

double post. sorry

Last edited by ghost 2011; 11-23-2011 at 01:56 PM. Reason: double post
Old 11-23-2011, 02:20 PM   #48  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Welcome ghost and congrats on your losses. There are some good recipes in the stickied threads at the top of the all the other posts.

Congrats on all the other losses and NSVs.

We aren't doing much for Thanksgiving. I already roasted a turkey breast for dinner yesterday. It came out delicious and juice. I took the juices and made homemade bbq sauce with the WF ketchup. Tomorrow we will have pork loin for dinner.

I made another weight decade. This is the decade that has been my nemesis. I make it here and either get stuck or go back up. I am determined not to have it happen again.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #49  

Height: 5'7'

I spent most of the day cooking and cleaning for Thanksgiving. I LOVE rutabaga and for the first time put in my food processor. It is amazing! Holy cow it tastes so good. Considering that I'll only be eating turkey and rutabaga tomorrow, I'm really, really happy I like it.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving to all who celebrate.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:59 PM   #50  

Happy Thanksgiving all...this is the first time I've posted, though be reading everything for the last 5 months I've been on IP.You helped and inspired me quite a bit...And the Big Mac Bowl got me through some tough times....lol
I am a 54 yr old Male...and last week reached my goal of -80 pounds
Thanksgiving is going to be no problem...already past the point of watching people eat in front of me, it's no bother..going to have some turkey, perfected the Mashed Cauliflower recipe..and a little pudding w Pumpkin Pie Spices...again thanks to all for your help and Happy Turkey Day....gobble gobble
Old 11-23-2011, 04:17 PM   #51  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Actually, according to the IP manual boot camp is four packets a day, no meat, and low carb vegetables. But I think Gettinmygrove's version would work, too. 5-7 days, tops.
Edit: The reason I know this is because I just did boot camp a couple of weeks ago and had to search back forever to find the post that a woman who was becoming a coach shared. And I can't even remember her name because she was quoted in a post by Carla Chapman.
Thanks for the clarification Linden. I had never heard it described as you stated. Mine was passed on to me by other dieters not from my coach. It worked and I only ate fish (mostly) or chicken. Suppose my version could be called a minor bootcamp and the yours a major?
Old 11-23-2011, 04:18 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskrae View Post
Happy Thanksgiving all...this is the first time I've posted, though be reading everything for the last 5 months I've been on IP.You helped and inspired me quite a bit...And the Big Mac Bowl got me through some tough times....lol
Thanksgiving is going to be no problem...already past the point of watching people eat in front of me, it's no bother..going to have some turkey, perfected the Mashed Cauliflower recipe..and a little pudding w Pumpkin Pie Spices...again thanks to all for your help and Happy Turkey Day....gobble gobble
WAY-TO-GO!!! on -80 lbs and your GOAL! (wish I had a little hockey player smiley here!)

Last edited by Ishbel; 11-23-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:30 PM   #53  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
That's awesome! Congratulations on the hard work!
Old 11-23-2011, 04:43 PM   #54  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Thanks for the clarification Linden. I had never heard it described as you stated. Mine was passed on to me by other dieters not from my coach. It worked and I only ate fish (mostly) or chicken. Suppose my version could be called a minor bootcamp and the yours a major?
I'm laughing out loud about the major and minor. All I know is I did a lot of fish, too, before and after, and I was just about at a stall when I started it. So it did work for me. Last substantial loss. And it's what people used to use in the past. But I think your version would work too, probably for someone much younger than I.

Last edited by Linden; 11-23-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:49 PM   #55  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
What a truly remarkable first post. Talk about a sense of the dramatic. A sense of real accomplishment. My hat, if I had one, is off to you. Gobble, gobble yourself.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 252.8/165.2/170

Height: 5'10"

So excited!!! I went for my weekly weigh in and I lost 3.2 pounds this week. Now I only have 11.2 pounds to lose before I am at my goal. Never have I been on a diet that I consistently lost like Ideal Protein. If you stick with the sheet they give you when you start, the weight will come off. Yes, there are times when I get tempted to put something in my mouth that isn't on that sheet, but who would I be hurting. It is up to me to lose weight. We are cooking for my mother in law tomorrow and bringing the food to her house, and I am ready to tackle Thanksgiving. i will eat the deboned stuffed turkey minus the stuffing and will bring my cucumbers. Feeling so good about myself and the decisions I make.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #57  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Down 2.2lbs, 17lbs to go woo hoo. I should hopefully at goal by xmas!!

Last edited by YvetteSki; 11-23-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Just a quick check in, had my 11th week weigh in, down 1.4 lbs - at least I finally got to add another "monkey"

And........ its the half way point!!! Yippee!!!!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:58 PM   #59  

Hi everyone....I am a newbie...just started my second week..lost 8 pounds the first..I am lactose intolerant and allergic to whey so my choices for IP are limited.
I was wondering if anyone could offer me some tips..I really want some salmon patties but I don't know what I can use instead of breadcrumbs...any suggestions?

Last edited by Barbel; 11-23-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:45 PM   #60  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
Down 2.2lbs, 17lbs to go woo hoo. I should hopefully at goal by xmas!!
Congratulations!
Closed Thread