Old 11-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
I survived the Thanksgiving lunch. The smell of fried turkeys being carved sent my sensories into a ravenous rage. I left the office and ran a quick errand just to save myself! I came back, got in line while holding my container of fresh cucumbers, and served myself some turkey breast, roast and lettuce. I watched everyone else gorge themselves with overflowing plates while I enjoy my simple nutritious meal. And I am happy to say that NO ONE commented on my meal! Total respect..... I was so proud of myself that I took over and cleaned up the dessert table. There had to of been at least 20 differrent items. Yes, I got some on my hands/fingers...but it never touch my mouth.

After all this time on IP, even though the urge and temptation was there, I did not cave. First really BIG food event that I have allowed myself to take part in.......I got this!
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:38 PM   #47  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thanks.....I am staying with my decision. Grocery shopping today. I'm a little too afraid to add peanut butter to my list just yet.....maybe my second week!

Thanks for the FB comment. The positive thoughts are paying off...see below!

And kudos to you for reaching maintenance. What a wonderful feeling that must be!

Thank you for posting this. It will be extrememly helpful for me in the coming weeks. I tried to take a look at your Phase 3 menus on fatsecret and realized I had to be your "buddy" to do so. I sent you a request....I think!

I had ANOTHER wake up moment yesterday wth my physical therapist. This one will be actually working with me till the end of the year while the guy I saw on Friday was just an inital evaluation. She and I were talking about my muscles and body structure. I got a looking directly in the eye comment of "You look fantastic. Everything (muscle structure) is there, just need to get it all back to where it belongs." But the best news is....she doesn't think my knee is too bad and wants me to continue ALL current exercise while undergoing PT. I've got numerous muscular issues that we will be working on. Bottom line....after a 50 lb weight loss, my body is desperately trying to right itself. I told her AGGRESSIVE is my middle name...let's get after it!

Thanksgiving lunch at the office today. Fried turkey and goodness knows what else. I brought my own veggies!
that is great news... and way to go at your work food event... It always makes me laugh after how full everyone is that they can hardly move.... and to just think I was there a short time ago... know better now.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:01 PM   #48  

Height: 5'4"

Ugh! Horrible day. I went back to phase 1 yesterday but I snacked on a handful of nuts yesterday and then I did it again today! I didn't weigh this morning because I've been having some issues with the nasty C and I had to go get more of the stuff I take for it so I hope it gets things moving. Hope everyone else is doing better than I am.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #49  

Woohoo CAt on surviving your food ordeal!

Lynsey, don't give in to the food You can do this, remember how great you are feeling and how awful you felt 50 pounds ago. I had to go buy some more Miralax too for my big C.
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Lynsey & Sandy,

You are both doing FAB u lous! Lynsey a few nuts is protein, so don't get derailed because of that. Hope you are feeling better soon, I am glad to be rid of that problem :{..... Have a great Holiday!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:40 AM   #51  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

I am ready for my Phase 3 beginning Friday. I had the chance to stop by one of my favorite stores last night, bad weather and all, and bought the most beautiful Rio Red grapefruit from south Texas. My mouth is watering...I can't wait for it as well as my toasted WW bread.

I also have a date Sat with the most incredible man. I haven't seen him since the beginning of August.....our lives forced us to take a break from seeing each other. Right now, I feel like I have twinkle toes. Lord only knows how excited I'll be come Sat.

Happy Thanksgiving to my US friends. I am so looking forward to 4.5 days away from the computer....and that means from here as well. I'm taking a much needed break from my daily life. Wishing everyone the best.
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:51 AM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Lynsey & Sandy,

You are both doing FAB u lous! Lynsey a few nuts is protein, so don't get derailed because of that. Hope you are feeling better soon, I am glad to be rid of that problem :{..... Have a great Holiday!
Ahhh, thank you Bella! Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees. I am so caught up on losing 4 pounds that I can's see that I have lost 491/2 pounds and wear size 8-10!!!

Quote:
I am ready for my Phase 3 beginning Friday. I had the chance to stop by one of my favorite stores last night, bad weather and all, and bought the most beautiful Rio Red grapefruit from south Texas. My mouth is watering...I can't wait for it as well as my toasted WW bread.

I also have a date Sat with the most incredible man. I haven't seen him since the beginning of August.....our lives forced us to take a break from seeing each other. Right now, I feel like I have twinkle toes. Lord only knows how excited I'll be come Sat.

Happy Thanksgiving to my US friends. I am so looking forward to 4.5 days away from the computer....and that means from here as well. I'm taking a much needed break from my daily life. Wishing everyone the best.
CAt, your grapefruit sounds delish! And I sense romance in the air! Have a much needed rest, we will miss you! I want to hear how your phase 3 goes!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:52 AM   #53  

If anyone is traveling today I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving and be safe.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #54  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Default Off Phase 1

Good Morning!
The name "experienced thread" intimidates me-lol but I am jumping on! I am on my 2nd and last week of Phase 2 and will meet with the clinic director to move to Phase 3 next Tuesday! I know I will get a lot of awesome ideas and motivation from those of you that have already moved through those phases or are currently "on the move".
Yesterday was my first Phase 2 weigh-in and I lost 2.4 pounds!

Last edited by boyz4us; 11-23-2011 at 09:02 AM.
boyz4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #55  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Have a great date and good luck with phase 3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Lynsey & Sandy,

Thanks! You are too sweet. I was trying to tell myself that about the nuts but then I'd just keep eating them so I'm going with, a cheat is a cheat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
Good Morning!
The name "experienced thread" intimidates me-lol but I am jumping on! I am on my 2nd and last week of Phase 2 and will meet with the clinic director to move to Phase 3 next Tuesday! I know I will get a lot of awesome ideas and motivation from those of you that have already moved through those phases or are currently "on the move".
Don't let it scare you. It's just a word. We are by no means more experienced than others and have many questions and concerns ourselves. It's just a stopping point between newbie and maintainer. Welcome and great loss!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #56  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
Good Morning!
I really liked the phase 3 and will probably eat this during maintenance as well. The yogurt and fruit is the best... I never had greek yogurt until phase 3 and I love it because you can make up what you want to eat in it.

tonight I am having stew, I put it in the slow cooker this morning before work and want to stop and get some peas to add to it. May make dumplings for my roommate and not have them until lunch for me... also cant wait to make so mexican food... also am going to make edamame or edamole (replace glucamole...) so adding that to my list to buy.

Phase 3 is nothing to be scared of ENJOY it! It is what we are all working towards, it just helps you understand how to better eat is all..
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #57  
aka CAT

Just a heads up....I posted my coach's email from this morning over on the Daily Thread. Puts our holiday eating choices into perspective.......
Old 11-23-2011, 11:47 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 171.8/155.8/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Cat,

You will have so much fun on Phase 3. I agree with some others that I can see this being part of my maint, going forward. It is such a full satisfied feeling after breakfast.

Have fun on your date!

Shawna
Wildcatinwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #59  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I am starting phase 2 tomorrow, which is great. We are going to my mother-in-law's house for lunch and then to my parents for dinner. I get to eat turkey twice, lol! This will be Thanksgiving #2 and #3 for me this week. It was really nice for #1 that I ate my food, was full, but didn't feel like I needed to sleep off my meal from having an overload of carbs. Everyone else was miserable, felt too full, lethargic. Not me! So, after dinner tomorrow night, my friend and I are hitting the stores for the start of Black Friday. Just shoot me now! Can't believe I agreed to that madness. Oh well, wish me luck!
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:26 PM   #60  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatinwa View Post
Cat,

You will have so much fun on Phase 3. I agree with some others that I can see this being part of my maint, going forward. It is such a full satisfied feeling after breakfast.

Have fun on your date!

Shawna
I am looking forward to the change. I went to the grocery store today to finish "stocking up" on my breakfast items. I want a little diversity and plan on rotating my menus so I bought several different things. I was overcome with the strangest sensations....buying bread, butter, cheese and peanut butter. I was a very good girl prepared with my list but still compared labels. I am good to go....I can taste my grapefruit right now. Soon, very soon! Not sure if I'm more excited about breakfast or seeing Scott!

For tomorrow's family dinner I am preparing roasted asparagus and mock potatoes with green onions. Add my turkey and maybe a little salad and then I'm set.