Old 11-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #16  

Good morning Cat! It's tough when you have knee problems. Hope it all works out for you with insurance.Are you still going to phase 3 on Friday then? I am doing phase 2 and would like to be in phase 3 soon. Just want to get the last few pounds off first.

Have a good day everyone. I have had 2 perfectly OP days. It feels good.
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:50 AM   #17  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning Cat! It's tough when you have knee problems. Hope it all works out for you with insurance.Are you still going to phase 3 on Friday then? I am doing phase 2 and would like to be in phase 3 soon. Just want to get the last few pounds off first.

Have a good day everyone. I have had 2 perfectly OP days. It feels good.
I can walk just fine, no problems with stairs, etc. The knee just seems to have a mind of its own and "freaks" on me at times. From what I've been reading this is very common with meniscus tears. And the older we are, the thinner it is and the more easily it can tear. Insurance isn't a problem. I have to have my doctor sign my orders before they can begin the therapy....insurance requires this. I sure hope she didn't take off this week...waiting for 8AM to make that call!

As for beginning Phase 3, I am now sitting on the fence about this. The uncertainity has made me stop dead in my tracks but the proactive me says stick to your guns........I think it best that I go ahead and phase out but I keep going back and forth with my decision. Help!!!!

Please see the daily thread today. I posted a " How to survive the holidays" that came from my coach.
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:04 AM   #18  

I just came to thank you for the daily thread post! I "borrowed" it and shared on Carla's ideal protein facebook page. It was great.
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #19  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning. I was back up a little when I weighed this morning and wishing I hadn't peeked. Oh well, 3 days of phase 1 and hopefully Thursday will have me back down to where I was.

Both of my daughter's got first at the dance competition so I was one proud mama. It was a late night and since we were sitting in packed bleachers all day I barely drank anything. I had MAYBE 32 ounces of water and could tell. I wasn't feeling right at all. I'm used to over 100. That could be why my weight is up also. Who knows. I'm not gonna stress it.

Have a great Monday!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Sandy stay away from those bars and you will be at goal in no time!!!!

Cat, can you swim? would that be better on knees till you can increase?

Lynsey, you know by now your body weight fluctuates throughout one day. Don't let it get to your mind. I don't own a scale and I only weigh myself at clinic once a week. trust the plan silly. Dance your stress away with your daughters!

Jenny! So excited for you! I am starting phase 3 on the 30th. In my mind I feel like I could lose 20 more lbs, but that would be too low, my body fat is at 23%, maybe working out will help tone me up.

So I went to naples over the weekend for a shopping spree with a dear friend from high school (may I add, she doesn't eat much at each meal but she eats what she wants, and she is barely 100lbs). So I tried on a pair of 4s at a store, and she told me they looked kind of big. I tried on the 2s which was insane to me because I still feel like a size 12 in my head. I ended up buying the 4s, which is still hard to wrap my brain around. huge NSV for me. Glad i emptied out 1/2 my wardrobe. Felt empowering!
Now if I could just win the lotto and wardrobe buy a new wardrobe...
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #21  

Height: 5'4"

So our insurance lady at work was just reviewing our info and she asked my weight and I felt so good rattling off, "155". She walked away and I was so mad cause I lied! I lied in a way I never have before. I'm not 155, I'm 153! WTH? My brain hasn't wrapped around this yet.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:52 AM   #22  
aka CAT

Leganegan.....I will wait and follow the PT's advice to a tee. If she says do nothing...then that's what I have to do. I want to heal my knee as quickly as possible and without having to deal with the "S" word. Enjoy those new clothes (and it looks like a new purse)...you worked hard for that privilege and it's all yours.

I forgot to mention my NSV or what I should really call a huge eye opener for me. My IP program has been through this PT clinic (the reason I drove to the city to see this particular therapist). We talked about my weight loss, its impact on my muscular issues and my success with IP. He looked at me and said "Well you're in manitenance now, right?" I replied "No". He said "Really?" Reality check for me......people see so much more than we actually do of ourselves.

I had forgotten all about that moment on Friday. This only helps reinforce my decision. Friday...Phase 3!
Old 11-21-2011, 12:16 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Hey all! Just checking in after what has been an extremely busy weekend. I started P3 on Friday and have been loving it. Checked in with the scale this morning and still holding steady at 133.4, which I am happy about. I know that I am still "shifting" and losing inches because clothes are still getting lose. I have a couple of pairs of pants that I am using as a guideline and they are getting looser even though I am not losing any weight.

I have been thinking about P3 & P4 lately and I think P3 is a happy place that I think I will find myself living pretty much day to day, with a cheat day followed by a P1 day thrown into the mix. The breakfast is just so satisifing that I don't find myself really wanting anything else the rest of the day (carb wise). Who knows what the next couple of weeks will bring, but I am definitely spending quite a bit of time thinking about the future lately.
Me too Jennydoodle, I started Phase 4 on friday and have yet to add the extra carb at night, just enjoying the big breakfasts and otherwise veggies and lean protein are fine with me. I am planning my first cheat day on Thanksgiving (not way overboard) and then friday I will do phase I and see what happens. My weight continues downward, albeit slow, but this morning I saw a lower number than last fridays WI., so maybe more calories is helping me a little, who knows? but I am Happy . You look so good!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 171.8/155.8/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Phase 4 Ideas

I start Phase 4 today and I am hoping to get ideas from you. Adding 1 or 2 fats at lunch should be easy, PB, Yogurt, cheese, any other suggestions?

The part that I am really interested in your input is the "7 oz complex carbs" at dinner. My coach said brown rice. The examples say baked potato, or spaghetti. I googled complex carbs but I wanted to hear your suggestions.

Last edited by Wildcatinwa; 11-21-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Wildcatinwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:28 PM   #25  
aka CAT

Phase 3ers, currently or newly completed, please answer.

What types of fruit are you eating? I would normally go straight to berries or melon but it's late fall. Apples, pears and grapefruit are coming to mind....anything low glycemic. I prefer to stay away from frozen unless I have to go there. And I can't wait to taste my first mango....my absolute favorite!
Old 11-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #26  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatinwa View Post
I start Phase 4 today and I am hoping to get ideas from you. Adding 1 or 2 fats at lunch should be easy, PB, Yogurt, cheese, any other suggestions?

The part that I am really interested in your input is the "7 oz complex carbs" at dinner. My coach said brown rice. The examples say baked potato, or spaghetti. I googled complex carbs but I wanted to hear your suggestions.
I am so not there yet but I do know what my staples will be. Brown rice, quinoa (both cooked in low sodium chicken broth) and sweet potatoes. Occasionally, I will throw in some whole wheat pasta when the urge strikes. It's very easy to dress up those complex carbs.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:41 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
I am so not there yet but I do know what my staples will be. Brown rice, quinoa (both cooked in low sodium chicken broth) and sweet potatoes. Occasionally, I will throw in some whole wheat pasta when the urge strikes. It's very easy to dress up those complex carbs.
I agree! I am not there yet, but brown rice, legumes (beans), quinoa and sweet potatoes will be my staples for the evening carb. I avoid wheat at all costs (I react very strongly to wheat) so pasta and bread are out for me. In the morning I have been doing oatmeal / granola mixed in with non fat greek yogurt.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
Jenny! So excited for you! I am starting phase 3 on the 30th. In my mind I feel like I could lose 20 more lbs, but that would be too low, my body fat is at 23%, maybe working out will help tone me up.

So I went to naples over the weekend for a shopping spree with a dear friend from high school (may I add, she doesn't eat much at each meal but she eats what she wants, and she is barely 100lbs). So I tried on a pair of 4s at a store, and she told me they looked kind of big. I tried on the 2s which was insane to me because I still feel like a size 12 in my head. I ended up buying the 4s, which is still hard to wrap my brain around. huge NSV for me. Glad i emptied out 1/2 my wardrobe. Felt empowering!
Now if I could just win the lotto and wardrobe buy a new wardrobe...
I experience the same thing sometimes. I know that I am a size 4, but I always think that they will never fit and I never stop being amazed when they do. I guess it takes a while for the mind to catch up. And, when I see myself (naked) I don't think I look that much different, but I guess I really do.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Me too Jennydoodle, I started Phase 4 on friday and have yet to add the extra carb at night, just enjoying the big breakfasts and otherwise veggies and lean protein are fine with me. I am planning my first cheat day on Thanksgiving (not way overboard) and then friday I will do phase I and see what happens. My weight continues downward, albeit slow, but this morning I saw a lower number than last fridays WI., so maybe more calories is helping me a little, who knows? but I am Happy . You look so good!
Thanks! Sometimes it does help when you change things up, you are shocking your body with more calories, which it sounds like you are responding to well.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Cat,

I have been putting 10 frozen cherries in my greek yogurt in the morning, I add just a little splenda. I am just loving this. One morning I cut up a freshly picked McIntosh apple, put it in my greek yogurt with cinnamon and a dollup of WF caramel, very good. I haven't switched it up much yet. I absolutely love Ruby Reds and they are in season soon. Yum. I am going to pick up a couple of pmomegran at Wegmans, they are 2/$5 this week and they have such a short season.

I too will have quinoa, rice and sweet potatoes, but haven't been that hungry at dinnertime yet.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote