Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #31  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

No problem Sarah, now keep in mind they have to pay the company $10 a month for using the device and keeping track of their stats, it uploads it to the central IP servers, that is where I get the pics off all my stats like my fat% etc.
Now my clinic covers that cost, but that is why some clinics charge a weekly or monthly fee for doing WI's to recoup that cost.
But I will do what I can to help, btw it just plugs into a laptop or desktop using USB and connects to the server, it integrates into their measurement software.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #32  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Good afternoon everyone. Hope you all are having a great OP day.

Wuv - I got goose bumps reading about your NSV! So happy for you!

Wayward - Keeping my fingers crossed for the big 100! What a huge accomplishment.

I've just been pluggin along OP. Got a huge burst of energy this weekend and did laundry, washed all the rugs in the house, swept all the floors, started putting together shower gifts and putting things away and then decided to make sugar cookies from scratch to practice for our family's holiday cookie day. I was not remotely tempted to cheat - they held no appeal to me! I wanted to try and perfect a scratch recipe and I think I nailed it! I still love to bake even if I'm not indulging right now.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

good luck on your WI wayward, wishing you 100
Old 11-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Thanks for the input on the Mio, I think I'll take a little break from it and not use it in every bit of water I drink. And Wayward, good luck on 100!

It's funny for the short amount of time I've been a member of this forum I really feel like I have gotten to know some of you. Wouldn't it be fun if we could have a 3FC get together somewhere?
Old 11-15-2011, 01:46 PM   #35  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Wuv - I just read your NSV from yesterday and it made me smile! What an awesome validation for you...you SHOULD have people jumping up and down and cheering you on. Your 100+ lb loss is an enormous accomplishment. I am sure you've added years to your life.

Keep up the fabulous job you've been doing and all the positive energy you ooze out of every pore....it helps everyone here and probably makes you feel prett good too :-)
Thanks Stolaf, it makes me feel great to know that I have helped so many here along the way and continue to do so, I don't think that will every stop!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleChantFan View Post
Hey Wuv,
For some reason I couldn't send you a message through the board. I tried sending you an email through regular email to your yahoo address. I don't think you got it. I'm weighing in today and I'm going to show my coach your blog. Can you give me a good email address I can send you a message later to send you information?
Thanks,
Caroline
[email protected] or you can facebook me Lisa corner campisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwmgrl View Post
oh yeah and whats the tea trick the day before weigh in about? I must have missed that somewhere along the way?
Drink hot water with lemon, seems to do the trick for some. I just drink hot tea all the time

Hey everyone, looks like we have a LOT of WI's today, so here is wishing each of you GOOD LUCK!!!....don't forget to log it on the Holiday Spreadsheet!! It's a bright sunny HOT day here today so its going to be a good day!!!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 11-15-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #36  
Started IP 7/8/11

S/C/G: 258.8/183/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
No problem Sarah, now keep in mind they have to pay the company $10 a month for using the device and keeping track of their stats, it uploads it to the central IP servers, that is where I get the pics off all my stats like my fat% etc.
Now my clinic covers that cost, but that is why some clinics charge a weekly or monthly fee for doing WI's to recoup that cost.
But I will do what I can to help, btw it just plugs into a laptop or desktop using USB and connects to the server, it integrates into their measurement software.
Thanks Wayward. I wouldn't charge that to people either but thought it would be something great to keep motivation for when the scale number is low. Also really good to make sure they are losing fat and not muscle. Sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:54 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

wayward is this the device they use? http://www.ihealthproducts.com/scrip...?idproduct=118
Old 11-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #38  

Those of you who are just starting out, I just found this on one of the IP facebook pages I am a member of and thought I would pass on the information.....

Ketosis
Understanding Ketosis
What does Ketosis mean? Ketosis means the state when the body starts turning to fat for energy. When a person is overweight, the state of ketosis can be a speedy and effective route to burning up excess fat.
How does ketosis effect our bodies?
1. Reduces cholesterol levels in the body Dieting on low carbohydrate foods (carb) helps reduce high cholesterol levels. Eating starch-based diets and less sugar lowers production of glucose. Lower cholesterol and carbohydrates levels help slow down age-related diseases.

2. Aids in weight loss A substance known as ketone is produced when fats are broken down to release energy. Initially, the ketones formed during this process are excreted by the body in the form of urine. However, ketones often accumulate in the body leading to a condition known as ketosis. The common side effects associated to this condition include loss of appetite, thereby is beneficial to people seeking to shed a few pounds.
3. Reduce hunger cravings Ketosis happens when your body is deprived of carbohydrates. It uses stored fat as energy and hence is beneficial if you are dieting. Low carb nutrition combined with regular protein intake help to keep your muscles lean. Also, low carb nutrition greatly helps reduce the rate of metabolism in your body, which in turn reduces hunger cravings.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:59 PM   #39  

Something else for the newbies to read....

WHY IS DIET SODA DISCOURAGED DURING IDEAL PROTEIN DIET?
Very interesting insights from the "Ideal Protein Nova Blog". There is a science behind why this diet works and the things you can do to take best advantage of it.

All diet drinks (i.e. sugar-free, carb-free) are NOT recommended on the diet. The problem that can arise is imbalances in acid/base regulation. The protocol is very alkaline and this is why we do not see complications common to other "protein type diets." Some diet drinks (Crystal Light for example) are mixed with water and these are acceptable. Many others (flavored Aqua-fina, Dasani, etc.) contain a lot of phosphoric acid. This is a very strong acid and will play havoc with the body's bicarbonate buffering system. This goes for diet soda's too, particularly the brown ones.

Flavored seltzers are usually OK, just read the label and make sure it is carb-free and contains no phosphoric acid. This protocol provides so many health benefits besides weight loss, it would be a shame to compromise some of the benefits by consuming these products. Also- remember, an extra cup of water for every coffee you drink!

So what CAN you drink? Drink unsweetened Herbal Tea. Add 2 bags to a large pitcher (1.5 liter) or container and seep for about 10 minutes. Use a funnel to pour into an empty 1.5 liter plastic soda bottle. I usually make 3-4 batches in one night of different flavours, so there is a wide variety of choice throughout the week. It also helps you crave drinking more.

‎1. "Aspartame" is the sweetener which Ideal Protein recommends cutting out from your other foods. The reason why is that your body can react to it like sugar, spiking your insulin. (at a certain amount.) So Crystal Light (made with nutri sweet) is not recommended. There is something in the US/Canada called MIO which you add to water which is recommended.
2. Cascade Ice wont work because there are fruit juices in it (Pear Juice concentrate).
‎3. Yes, you can add Stevia, Splenda, Truvia or other approved sweeteners to your tea. However, note that the sweeteners do have carbs in them and are not "free". Adding one packet (like a coffee sweetener size) to 1.5 liters of iced herbal tea is usually enough to sweeten it without worry. However, i drink the iced herbal teas with no sweetener and dont miss it.
‎4. Carbonation is not the problem... you can have sparkling water. However, some find that cutting out all carbonation helps with bloating/gas.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #40  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludolphin View Post
wayward is this the device they use? http://www.ihealthproducts.com/scrip...?idproduct=118
Nope that isn't it, of course I was getting the name from the FAQ on the dashboard, so that may be the BC1 some clinics use and we may have the other device. I will get more info when I go in.
It's a boxy looking device that you grip with both hands and it has little metal sensors going down each side under your thumbs that take readings.
I will find out.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #41  

With the holidays coming up and lots of parties will be attended I thought I would share this.....

No Alcohol While on Ideal Protein:

Why??

It is important to know that you are not supposed to be having ANY alcohol while you are on the Ideal Protein protocol, this includes Vodka or any other type of alcohol that has little to no carbs.

While you are in ketosis (fat burning mode), your body uses the ketones which are the by products of loosing fat and burns them as energy. This is why you have more energy when you are in ketosis, even though you are consuming very little calories per day. This very important process takes place in your liver.

When you drink alcohol (of any kind) your liver will stop processing ketones and start processing the alcohol, which is a toxin to your body and the liver will try to eliminate it immediately. This will also stop your fat burning process!

Even though you may not kick yourself out of ketosis, you will stop loosing weight for 2 to 3 days after you have consumed that alcoholic drink.

The other important fact to know is that alcohol contains empty calories. Meaning your body can not use it for energy. Which means you are putting toxins in your body which can't be used as energy and will tax your liver all at the same time.

Think again before you have a vodka and soda drink, beer or wine while in Phases 1-3, is this ONE drink worth the risk and set back towards meeting your health goals?

Another reason to not use alcohol, the alcohol initial causes the body to drop its blood sugar which creates a rebound insulin increase in the presence of the low blood glucose which, leads to cravings for fast sugars. Given we are already in an induced state of lower blood glucose this effect can be very pronounced and often leads to cheats which ALSO cause us to fall out of ketosis for a period of time. (from Carla)

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 11-15-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:26 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

Hi all

Just logged in today (my sixth day OP!) and saw your very helpful posts Wuv - thanks. I went for a walk today and when I got home I realized I must be in ketosis because there is a serious metallic taste in my mouth so the post was just what I wanted to read about (and the motivation to not drink wine at Thanksgiving was sorely needed).

Thanks and nice NSV!
Tracy
Old 11-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyAWC View Post
Hi all

Just logged in today (my sixth day OP!) and saw your very helpful posts Wuv - thanks. I went for a walk today and when I got home I realized I must be in ketosis because there is a serious metallic taste in my mouth so the post was just what I wanted to read about (and the motivation to not drink wine at Thanksgiving was sorely needed).

Thanks and nice NSV!
Tracy
Welcome and congrats on being in Ketosis, its little things like that, when you notice signs that are helpful and let you know you are heading in the right direction.

Since there are going to be a lot of Holiday parties I thought I would research some stuff to share to keep us focused
Old 11-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #44  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Home from weigh-in #7. I lost 2 pounds this week for a total of 24.4 pounds in 7 weeks. I also finished Phase I! I will start Phase 2 tomorrow!
Old 11-15-2011, 03:35 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
Home from weigh-in #7. I lost 2 pounds this week for a total of 24.4 pounds in 7 weeks. I also finished Phase I! I will start Phase 2 tomorrow!
WOOHOO!!!!...congrats!!!
Closed Thread