Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #46  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
You DID do a good job Jo!! You're one of my IP heros!
You are MINE, you have passed me in weight loss, you are doing so well...

Too bad your team didn't play better... hee hee

Go ESKS Go!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #47  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

As for the timing question, I have been told repeatedly not to go much longer than 4 hours if I can avoid it.
As for eating after 8:00 I eat my dinner on average at about 9:00 every night and have since almost day 1.
I don't eat my late snack until usually at least 10, some nights midnight, I tend to stay up a little later than most.
And I don't think my timing has ever really impacted me, I will say I do tend to eat something about every 4 hours, either a whey shake or a protein bar, as long as I have worked out as well.

But I used to go beyond the 4 hours all the time, I just started the 4 hours in between in the last 3 or 4 weeks to try and balance out my lean mass.

Last edited by Wayward; 11-14-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 196/151/151

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning everyone! Today is my 59th birthday and I saw 152.6 on the scale! Woohoo! What a birthday present, now if it will just stay down until I weigh in on Wed. I did Wuv's trick and drank tea all afternoon.

We are probably going to my mother in law's for thanksgiving, so I will make sure I bring what I need. Hopefully she has turkey and not ham!
Happy Birthday!!!! Hope you have a great day!!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
You are MINE, you have passed me in weight loss, you are doing so well...

Too bad your team didn't play better... hee hee

Go ESKS Go!
BOO! LOL

We've been here before...LMAO...a true melon head sticks around no matter what! Considering we've been around for over 100 years...and really only won the cup 3 times? We're like Toronto fans, we just don't go away and never give up hope for the next year.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:17 PM   #50  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning everyone! Today is my 59th birthday and I saw 152.6 on the scale! Woohoo! What a birthday present, now if it will just stay down until I weigh in on Wed. I did Wuv's trick and drank tea all afternoon.

We are probably going to my mother in law's for thanksgiving, so I will make sure I bring what I need. Hopefully she has turkey and not ham!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!....and I am glad my tricked worked for ya...its my birthday present to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Good morning,

I thought i had gotten lucky yesterday and found the miracle noodles at the health food store but it wasn't.. They were called tofu noddles and were packed like the miracle noodles (in a bag of liquid) but they weren't 0/0/0, for 1/2 bag, it was 20 calories, 0.5g fat and 3 carbs (2 fibers but no sugar).

Going to the US this week-end to get my christmas turkey (please tell me the sales weren't last week) and i want to look for things we don't have like the I can't beleive its not butter spray. Is there anything else i should look for? My kids are excited as i always pick up lots of stuff that we don't have here.

Welcome wuv's mom!
Busy that is the same noodles I get, I don't use them very often but I have used them. One bag is 2 meals, my coach said they were ok that is why I use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingitforchell View Post
Good morning all,
I just wanted to check in since i havent been here in a few days. Congrats to all the losers ( i mean that with lots of love) this week for their victory on the scale. I myself went down another 2lbs and i also finally got my signature ..

Rock on ladies!!

Oh and WUV you look awesome in your new pic!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprbabe View Post
Hi, I have been on Ideal protein for four weeks now and have lost 20.2. I am so excited to hear how everyone else is doing and the Thanksgiving ideas. One of my friends at work thought I should go off for just that one day but I said no I am sticking with this and I will be ok. Amazes me how people like to worry about what I am eating. I am so thankful to finally be in control. I had gotten to my highest weight ever. Anyways thanks for all the information and support on here and Happy Birthday Sandy, may God bless you with many more!
You have the correct mindset to get to your goal, that Thanksgiving food is going to be there next year when you are at your goal and maintaining. Its not worth setting yourself back a day or too...I (we)am very proud of you for sticking to the program!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
WI #3 today and I lost 1.5 pounds. Please note that I did not use the "O" word as I can hear Wuv reminding us that any loss is good and the scale is not the measure of success. I did lose inches on my waist and bust so the loss is better than the scale shows. Gee, I just about talked myself out of feeling bad. ha ha ha I did add 3 full 30 minute Curves workouts last week so I'm sure to have added a bit of muscle which we have all learned weighs more than fat. Good luck to everyone on their WI's this wekk.
LOL....I am so glad y'all can all hear me when y'all go to type the O word....but see....isn't it working and aren't y'all learning by not using it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchik2012 View Post
Hello everyone!!! Tomorrow is my first WI...and I'm nervous!!!
I have been following my coaches' advise in the amounts of food and what to eat. My only problem is that, with going to school full-time AND working full-time I'm having trouble eating on time and getting my pills in on time. My coach emphasized that it is very important to follow my times. Anyone out there that can share a similar experience and still has positive results? (Meals late about 1-2 hours)
Do what works for you. I, myself, have never stuck to a "timed" meal I eat when my schedule premits me too. Sometimes earlier than others and I have had great success with it as you can see

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccrmom12 View Post
I'm starting IP tomorrow too. I'm really looking forward to starting. Looking forward to using this forum for support.
Welcome Soccrmom!....lots of information, recipes and TONS of support!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGuyonIP View Post
Hi,
I have a question about how meal-timing impacts weight loss. What is the best way to maximize loss? One poster mentioned that having the last drink of the day right before bed-time has increased his loss. Others say not to consume anything after 8? My coach just says to make sure everything is 4 hours apart. Is this one of those "your mileage may vary" things? As a test, I have had my last packet and supplements of the day about an hour before I go to sleep for the last three days. I haven't noticed an increase in loss, but I do think it has made it a little harder to fall asleep.

So, any thoughts on this issue?
I am like Wayward, I sometimes eat late and have my snack at 1130/midnight and it hasn't affect me at all. As long as you are eating what you are suppose to be eating I don't think it matters of the time you eat. Of course this is only my 2 cents.

Hello everyone, I had an early start and didn't have time to post on the boards this morning. I had to GO to work this morning and not work from home. Had to leave in a rush because one of my buses broke down so I had to bring another bus and driver to that site...crazy morning.

I had an NSV today....most of you know I work from home but today I had to go to the airport, A LOT of them have not seen me since I started the program 29 weeks ago. One of them was a pilot that got transferred from here and moved to Vegas. When I found out he was back I had to figure out a way to see him to see what he said (cuz i think he is cute) So when the plane landed today I was in the jet bridge so when the flight attendent who opened the door (she hadn't seen me either) freaked out....lol....I rushed through the door and said shhhhh.....all she kept saying was OMG OMG OMG...soo all the passengers got off the plane and the co-pilot opened the cockpit door and walked out, so the pilot I wanted to see was still in there doing paperwork, so I peeped my head through the door and said hey....hey....hey....he didn't look so I said I SAID HEY!!!.....he recognized my voice, turned, looked at me and his mouth dropped, he dropped all of the papers on the floor and came hug me...it was a great.WONDERFUL feeling to see his reaction!!!!....THEN another flight attendant who has been keeping up with me was working the back of the plane, cleaning and crossing seat belts because we were getting ready to board again. So the lead flight attendant gets on the intercom and says Sonya turn around and look this way...Sonya says I'm trying to hurry Lisa is waiting for me at the gate....So I giggle, the girl says SONYA I SAID TURN AROUND!!!!....she turned around and there I stood in the middle of the aisle smiling and waving!!!.....(THE SEATS WERE NOT TOUCHING ME!!!!! before I had to turn sideways to get through the seats) she ran down that aisle so fast and hugged me and started crying....it has been a great day that is for sure!!!!!.....sorry for the long post
Old 11-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Oh my goodness! Best NSV EVER!!! That is a darn good Monday if you ask me. woohoo!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #52  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I just wrote something for my exercise physiology class that was very helpful for me and I can't wait to share it here. I'm going to wait until I have feedback from the professor to make sure I'm correct in my synthesis, but it was really good for me because it made me look at where our bodies get energy from and understand more about how this diet works. I kind of knew the line I was walking, but this helped me to see it clearer and understand certain reactions I get from my body.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:14 PM   #53  
IP Start Date Oct. 15/11

S/C/G: 270.3 / 189.8 / 160

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE= Hello everyone, I had an early start and didn't have time to post on the boards this morning. I had to GO to work this morning and not work from home. Had to leave in a rush because one of my buses broke down so I had to bring another bus and driver to that site...crazy morning.

I had an NSV today....most of you know I work from home but today I had to go to the airport, A LOT of them have not seen me since I started the program 29 weeks ago. One of them was a pilot that got transferred from here and moved to Vegas. When I found out he was back I had to figure out a way to see him to see what he said (cuz i think he is cute) So when the plane landed today I was in the jet bridge so when the flight attendent who opened the door (she hadn't seen me either) freaked out....lol....I rushed through the door and said shhhhh.....all she kept saying was OMG OMG OMG...soo all the passengers got off the plane and the co-pilot opened the cockpit door and walked out, so the pilot I wanted to see was still in there doing paperwork, so I peeped my head through the door and said hey....hey....hey....he didn't look so I said I SAID HEY!!!.....he recognized my voice, turned, looked at me and his mouth dropped, he dropped all of the papers on the floor and came hug me...it was a great.WONDERFUL feeling to see his reaction!!!!....THEN another flight attendant who has been keeping up with me was working the back of the plane, cleaning and crossing seat belts because we were getting ready to board again. So the lead flight attendant gets on the intercom and says Sonya turn around and look this way...Sonya says I'm trying to hurry Lisa is waiting for me at the gate....So I giggle, the girl says SONYA I SAID TURN AROUND!!!!....she turned around and there I stood in the middle of the aisle smiling and waving!!!.....(THE SEATS WERE NOT TOUCHING ME!!!!! before I had to turn sideways to get through the seats) she ran down that aisle so fast and hugged me and started crying....it has been a great day that is for sure!!!!!.....sorry for the long post [/QUOTE]

Oh Wuv!! What an incredible moment!!! Thanks for sharing
Old 11-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #54  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 247/185/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I had an NSV today....most of you know I work from home but today I had to go to the airport, A LOT of them have not seen me since I started the program 29 weeks ago. One of them was a pilot that got transferred from here and moved to Vegas. When I found out he was back I had to figure out a way to see him to see what he said (cuz i think he is cute) So when the plane landed today I was in the jet bridge so when the flight attendent who opened the door (she hadn't seen me either) freaked out....lol....I rushed through the door and said shhhhh.....all she kept saying was OMG OMG OMG...soo all the passengers got off the plane and the co-pilot opened the cockpit door and walked out, so the pilot I wanted to see was still in there doing paperwork, so I peeped my head through the door and said hey....hey....hey....he didn't look so I said I SAID HEY!!!.....he recognized my voice, turned, looked at me and his mouth dropped, he dropped all of the papers on the floor and came hug me...it was a great.WONDERFUL feeling to see his reaction!!!!....THEN another flight attendant who has been keeping up with me was working the back of the plane, cleaning and crossing seat belts because we were getting ready to board again. So the lead flight attendant gets on the intercom and says Sonya turn around and look this way...Sonya says I'm trying to hurry Lisa is waiting for me at the gate....So I giggle, the girl says SONYA I SAID TURN AROUND!!!!....she turned around and there I stood in the middle of the aisle smiling and waving!!!.....(THE SEATS WERE NOT TOUCHING ME!!!!! before I had to turn sideways to get through the seats) she ran down that aisle so fast and hugged me and started crying....it has been a great day that is for sure!!!!!.....sorry for the long post
that's amazing.... so happy for you... keep up the good work, we all love your posts!!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #55  

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!

Wuv, I love your story!!!! Wow, that is so cool that they all were so happy for you.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #56  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Totally awesome!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
What a reaction!!! I'll bet it made their day as well as yours. It brought tears to my eyes too : How exciting it is to see someone regaining their health right before your eyes.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
BOO! LOL

We've been here before...LMAO...a true melon head sticks around no matter what! Considering we've been around for over 100 years...and really only won the cup 3 times? We're like Toronto fans, we just don't go away and never give up hope for the next year.
Melon heads that is funny! My office is not far from the Commonwealth stadium and whenever the Roughriders are in town its a riot watching the get ups their fans have on.
Not to mention fighting my way through the hords at Costco as they grab all the taxfree bargains!
Everytime I see the Riders I think of that Corner Gas episode where they all pretended they had been at the Grey Cup. That's a Canadian classic I think.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

wow what great NSVs everyone is having. Brightens this dull Monday!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #60  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Great losses and NSV's today, AWESOME AWESOME everyone.

I had a skinny day yesterday and was feeling great. This morning I was feeling like crap with a big headache and all. It was brutal, did the lick the salt off the hand, almost gagged a few times but I survived..lol.

I am starting to do ab exercises this week as my tummy is the one area that I'm not too happy with. Hopefully will see inch loss there within a couple months. Have a great evening everyone.
Closed Thread