Alternative Protein bar Replacement

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi, I am looking for opinions on replacement bars. I've tried Adkins and I've tried Pure Protein. Has anyone tried anything different?
  • My coach, lost 55lb on IP, she uses Oh Yeah - the lowest in carbs she can find. Can be found at vitamin, health food stores and on-line. They run around $2 a piece.
  • I just bought some Pure protein bars, Detour and some Oh Yeah bars to try.
  • I am ordering some bars from Nausha (https://www.nashuanutrition.com) when I do my big order later this week. I think they're (price wise) pretty comparable to the ones in the stores and for me the ease of having everything shipped together to my house (although I will still supplement with store bought products) is just to great to pass up. You have to sift through them because some are better than others and some contain aspartame but I'm getting the chocolate soy puffs and the Vanilla Peanut Bar (both from ProtiThin), the cappuccino from ProtiThin and the gelatin from Pure Protein. It's right at $75 to have everything shipped to my house for two weeks.
  • I am always looking for other options... I have seen that EAS makes a bar now... as well as some other brand but I cant remember what it was called... sorry....
    I saw them in the weight loss section at Walgreens.
  • I have been consistently losing using alternatives for months now. I order through Nashua Nutrition -- the Proti Diet and Proti Thin have some tasty products, you just have to look through the ingredients. They're usually very clear about what has aspartame and what doesn't.
  • Quote: I just bought some Pure protein bars, Detour and some Oh Yeah bars to try.
    Did you find the Oh Yeah bars in Alberta or did you order them?
    Pat
  • I think I will try the Oh Yeah bars. They are not too expensive and I found someplace that will ship um for free. Thanks for the suggestions
  • Quote: Did you find the Oh Yeah bars in Alberta or did you order them?
    Pat
    Hi Pat. I did find the Oh yeah bars @ Wal Mart here, Detour and pure protein. They also have Mothers MLK~protein drink~looks good.
    Michelle
  • Hi,

The best I found are the Slim down bars from Jamieson, their nutritional value is pretty much the same as IP.

I also bought Detour bars from Costco, they are a little bit higher is calories than those of IP.
  • Quote: Did you find the Oh Yeah bars in Alberta or did you order them?
    Pat
    My DH bought Oh Yeah bars at Surperstore in Sherwood Park, and I have seen them also at Walmart, GNC and Sport Chek. There are 2 sizes of them, the smaller 1 is what he has used for his IP bar replacement.
  • I have looked at alternative replacement bars and i find the carb count higher than IP. Do any of the bars mentioned have similar carbs to IP protien bars.
  • Thanks Michelle & WBG for the Alberta info. I have used the Detour bars as they seemed the best option at Costco. But they are higher in cals and I find they have an aftertaste. Not too bad thought the still taste OK but could be better.
    Pat
  • Quote: Hi, I am looking for opinions on replacement bars. I've tried Adkins and I've tried Pure Protein. Has anyone tried anything different?
    Go to https://www.nashuanutrition.com They're having a sale today and hopefully tomorrow. $10.00 for a 7 pack of great protein bars. You have a choice to choose the ones without aspartane, which is very important. Around 15 proteins and between 4 and 6 sugar carbs. Pretty lowfat (some more fat than others, so you must look thru them) Hope that helps.This is what I bought today:

HealthSmart Cereal - Cinnamon With Hint of Vanilla (5/Box)

Code: HS013
    $10.95 1 $10.95
    HealthSmart Protein Bar - Caramel Delight (7/Box)

Code: HS071
    $10.95 1 $10.95
    HealthSmart Protein Bar - Double Peanut Butter (7/Box)

Code: HS068
    $10.95 1 $10.95
    Weight Loss Systems Pudding & Shake - Cocomint Cream (7/Box)

Code: WLS047
    Options: Sweetner: Aspartame Free
    $10.00 1 $10.00
    Weight Loss Systems Pudding & Shake - Vanilla Cream (7/Box)
  • Quote: I have looked at alternative replacement bars and i find the carb count higher than IP. Do any of the bars mentioned have similar carbs to IP protien bars.
    Here you go! I order these products from www.nashuanutrition.com Their bars are around 10.99 per 7 in a box. I just cut and pasted my order from today. There's more than what you're asking about, but just thought I'd share a smattering of what they have.

I'm on maintenance but did substitute these products while on ph 1,2,3 and even now!

HealthSmart Cereal - Cinnamon With Hint of Vanilla (5/Box)

Code: HS013
    $10.95 1 $10.95
    HealthSmart Protein Bar - Caramel Delight (7/Box) 14 total carbs/4 sugars

Code: HS071
    $10.95 1 $10.95
    HealthSmart Protein Bar - Double Peanut Butter (7/Box) 14 carbs total/
    4 sugar carbs

Code: HS068
    $10.95 1 $10.95
    Weight Loss Systems Pudding & Shake - Cocomint Cream (7/Box)

Code: WLS047
    Options: Sweetner: Aspartame Free
    $10.00 1 $10.00
    Weight Loss Systems Pudding & Shake - Vanilla Cream (7/Box)