Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 07:33 AM   #106  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post

I survived the movie today. But, the theater was kinda empty but a couple decided to sit directly behind me and eat popcorn the whole time. I mean the whole length of the movie! I think it was free refills day if you bought a large bag for $7.50. Not only did I have to listen to them rattle the bag, the lady giggled at the most craziest thing the entire time. Then, everytime they got up they pulled my seat back with their hands while lifting their fannys out of their chairs. I should of gotten up and moved but didn't want to look rude. On top of all that the movie wasn't very good. I had heard reviews of it but decided to go anyway. I guess it at least kept me out of the kitchen and the sweets today.
I'm really sorry about the movie experience. Treats should be treats, darn it. Like being the only person in a restaurant then the waiter seats the next people to come in right beside you. WHAT?

I just read this in the NY Times and thought you might be interested. I like their reasoning. Now I just have to follow it. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/27/op...nt&tntemail1=y Cheers everyone.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:05 AM   #107  
Mom on a mission

S/C/G: 200/187/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Veggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrose View Post
I will be moving back in with my parents over Christmas and my mother wont keep any veggies in the house! She doesn't get the point of doing this diet! I am thinking about taking December off and starting back up in January when my dad starts again. Any thought or ideas? I am afraid I will be wasting money and effort over Christmas if she wont keep any veggies in the house... I have lost 45 lbs and have 45 left!
I never heard of such a thing! Can't keep veggies in the house!
Anyway there is nothing stopping you from visiting a grocery store and buying your own lettuce and greens and keeping them on a shelf in the fridge for your diet. Mom should be willing to let you have a shelf!

If your Mom doesnt understand the diet - then just tell her you care about yourself, your health and being overweight is not part of your plan.
She doesnt have to join you or eat what you are (veggies) but she can support your decision. Greens are healthy!
If you were on a candy diet I can see her opposition but Veggies?

Stay strong!
Old 11-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Wow, so I see why this thread is called HARD TIME restarting! I thought it would be so easy to jump back on the wagon, I really loved the diet the first time I did it, but man I am coming up with every excuse in the book!!

So, today will be my official 2nd Day 1, I just wanted to post quickly for accountability, I'll be back later
Old 11-27-2011, 10:02 AM   #109  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Excellent article Linden. I'm going to print that off and hang it on the frig. What struck me in it was the example of the student struggling with math. My children have had struggles in college and I would never of told them that it's just not your subject. No, I told them to get a tutor and study harder. That article is exactly what I need to apply to my thinking.

Also Linden, I agree with treats should be treats. All a person has to do is look around you at different people and the way they eat and how food is advertised here in the states. Supersize me, 5 sandwiches for 5 bucks, drive thru places where we feed our kids grease and carbs because it's right there and ah so easy. Eating in front of the tv and not realizing how much you have consumed. Another item I have been noticing lately is what's in people's shopping carts. Loads of sugar, carbs, and fat. No wonder we are over weight. It's just too easy to grab and go and not even think about what we are eating or cooking. (if they are cooking and not just warming something up) It is amazing how cheap a person can eat for if you don't buy the unneccessary items.

Navymommy, we are here for ya! Hope you do very well on this go around.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #110  

Outstanding article, Linden!.. thanks so much... all the way through it, I kept thinking about how I didn't even have to think about sticking to protocol last year, so why is it so hard now?.. why didn't I deplete my willpower the first time through for months & months, but this time I can't seem to last more than 10 days?.. I'm hoping the article was just the snap-out-of-it slap in the face I'm needing...

Welcome back, NavyMommy!..

hugs
Old 11-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #111  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

iowahawkeyemom How is it going getting back on track? I did well for a little while but made a bad choice last night. I'm great with meals, but the snacks that I have to have are where I get lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I just read this in the NY Times and thought you might be interested. I like their reasoning. Now I just have to follow it. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/27/op...nt&tntemail1=y Cheers everyone.
Interesting article, Linden. My favorite author talks about willpower in terms of self-discipline. If we can train ourselves to be disciplined in little things then it becomes easier to be disciplined in big things. Before I started IP, I was drinking 3+ liters of full sugar soda. I choose that as a place to begin self-discipline. One choice at at time. All those little choices added up to something big(or should I say smaller) in the long run.

Eating habits are just one way our society shows a lack of self-discipline. It only takes a moment to look at consumer debt to see how we don't have the discipline to say no to ourselves.

Truth be told, I needed to write this down for myself as a reminder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Wow, so I see why this thread is called HARD TIME restarting! I thought it would be so easy to jump back on the wagon, I really loved the diet the first time I did it, but man I am coming up with every excuse in the book!!

So, today will be my official 2nd Day 1, I just wanted to post quickly for accountability, I'll be back later

Navy, I'm like you, I wasn't excited about this thread being called "hard time restarting" but it often comes to that. I know for me, I just remembered that I had to be disciplined and the results where great. What I failed to remember was that it is HARD to regain that discipline. I think I just wanted to get back on IP and have the great results... without the discipline. My circumstances are so different this time that it's easier to make excuses, but that needs to stop.

Stay focused and know we are here!

You are all awesome! And I'm thankful for you even after Thanksgiving!
Old 11-27-2011, 12:08 PM   #112  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Whew! I'm so glad you all liked the article. I almost didn't post it because I was afraid people might think I was being accusatory or something.

Just survived a Christmas cookies and tea party, barely. The weight I gained from the alternative Thanksgiving outing last night sure was an incentive -- even if the cookies weren't full of salt. Life's not always as fair as I'd like it to be, she said petulantly. Right now I'm baking home made playdoh Christmas tree ornaments. No desire to eat those.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #113  

Whew, so I've tried just about every excuse in the book to put off my start date, but so far so good today I even was worried that I would be tired of the EAS shakes 3x a day (until I get my Nausha order in) so I went and got some of the bars from Wal-Mart. Still worried about the travel we have planned in December, but we'll just take it one day at a time.

So here are my official stats: Ended IP (Oct) 182.2 Restarted (11/27) 189.8; however, the scale I have at home was a consistent 3-4 lbs higher than the scale I weighed in on at my clinic, so I really haven't gained 10 lb. For eating as horribly as I have since I stopped I am pretty pleased with these numbers. Now time to get back on the wagon and kick the weight for good!!
Old 11-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #114  

Linden - Just looked back at the article you posted, I really like that. Something to remember!!
Old 11-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #115  
Second time around

Marion....not so good I'm my own worst enemy. I do sooo good all week long and then the weekend hits. I've been playing in the 160's ever since Sept. I'll get down almost into the 150's and then I go and cheat again. This is not good. I keep thinking I could be at goal if and that's a big if in my case, I would of buckled down and got it down back when I restarted. Now with the holidays approaching I am making all kinds of excuses to myself. I just know one of these days I will make it. Try, try again. I will not give up.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:18 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Quote:
Marion....not so good I'm my own worst enemy. I do sooo good all week long and then the weekend hits. I've been playing in the 160's ever since Sept. I'll get down almost into the 150's and then I go and cheat again. This is not good. I keep thinking I could be at goal if and that's a big if in my case, I would of buckled down and got it down back when I restarted. Now with the holidays approaching I am making all kinds of excuses to myself. I just know one of these days I will make it. Try, try again. I will not give up.
Iowahawkeyemonm - I - like you do very good during the week, come the weekend, I give in. The only good thing is that I've maintained the same weight since June - the bad thing is - I'd like to be about 10lbs lighter! Oh well, maybe next week. Heading to Las Vegas this week for a girls trip! I'm going to eat mostly phase 2, and I know I'll get plenty of walking in.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #117  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Lost a pound this week which I am happy with given Thanksgiving. The best news is that I keep dropping body fat! I think I was down another .2% since last week.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
Iowahawkeyemonm - I - like you do very good during the week, come the weekend, I give in. The only good thing is that I've maintained the same weight since June - the bad thing is - I'd like to be about 10lbs lighter! Oh well, maybe next week. Heading to Las Vegas this week for a girls trip! I'm going to eat mostly phase 2, and I know I'll get plenty of walking in.
The weekends are hardest for me too. I have my weigh in on Tuesdays so that helps a little knowing that I have to weigh in soon and I don't want to mess up all of my hard work staying OP through the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Lost a pound this week which I am happy with given Thanksgiving. The best news is that I keep dropping body fat! I think I was down another .2% since last week.
WTG! I will be thrilled with any loss this week too after Thanksgiving. Gotta love when the body fat and inches go down even when the scale doesn't move much!
Old 11-30-2011, 10:39 AM   #119  
Second time around

Third day back on track. I'm about ready to eat my arm off

Ya know a person thinks too much about this diet plan when you start dreaming about the people you talk to on this site. Last night I had a dream that I woke up in a huge airplane. Had no idea where we were landing. Looked over at my daughter and asked where we were going. She said, "Germany." Dang I thought, I forgot to tell Linden I was coming.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #120  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Third day back on track. I'm about ready to eat my arm off

Ya know a person thinks too much about this diet plan when you start dreaming about the people you talk to on this site. Last night I had a dream that I woke up in a huge airplane. Had no idea where we were landing. Looked over at my daughter and asked where we were going. She said, "Germany." Dang I thought, I forgot to tell Linden I was coming.
This is scary as ****. Because. Because I fell asleep over the Lord of the Rings after lunch and woke up planning things for you to do on the weekends. Like go to the local hardware stores and try to figure out what all the little pieces of hardware are for. I'll just bet you can't wait.
Closed Thread