Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Auntie, that cookbook looks interesting, I will have to look it up. I love my kindle because I hate paying full prices for books but I don't like it for cookbooks as I want to flip around in the book.
I am down .5 this week. I hope that slow and steady eventually gets to the finish line.

Liden, thanks for your comments on my pics on another thread. When one loses as slowly as I do no one remembers that I was as heavy as I was and no one notices I am going down now. Well except for hubby who is quite interested in how much longer this is going to take so we can have wine again.. I think this little guy knows how I am going to feel after that anticipated first glass.
Anyway, I had lost 40 pounds over 10 years when I discovered I can't handle wheat. But then it was impossible to get lower until I discovered IP.

The first picture is 10 years ago. I am on the right with my mom at 204 pounds. I had been asked that day if I was my brother's mother. I was 53, he was 51. The middle is picture 5 years ago with my daughter; I was 181. The last one was last Friday; I'm trying figure out my new iphone which is fortunately smarter than me.

After I saw the change in the pictures I was able to resign myself to the fact I am not going to reach my goal by Christmas.So planning ahead to stay IP but will let hubby have his glass or two of wine.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #77  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
After I saw the change in the pictures I was able to resign myself to the fact I am not going to reach my goal by Christmas.So planning ahead to stay IP but will let hubby have his glass or two of wine.
You look awesome!
Old 11-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #78  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
A new cookbook for folks limiting their consumption of carbohydrates, wheat, & gluten... it’s a unique collaboration among five chefs (Jennifer Eloff, Maria Emmerrich, Carolyn Ketchum, Lisa Marshall, & Kent Altena) & other low-carb luminaries like Jimmy Moore & Dana Carpender... the book is Low Carbing Among Friends: Low-carb and Gluten-free...

All 325 recipes limit digestible carbohydrates to a maximum of 10 grams; many have five or fewer grams... this should be great for people with diabetes & anyone trying to manage excess weight with low-carb eating... all recipes are gluten-free, wheat-free, & sugar-free...

hugs
Your pics are great. I have always looked at your picture for your avatar and had never looked at the others. You
look fabulous.

Linden-i have never seen naked men bowl. I might have to come to Germany.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
You look awesome!

Wow!!!! What a difference in your pics! You look great. You are lucky, you are so tall!
Rosemary, I'm not sure I'd want to encounter those guys! It seems it always is people who shouldn't take their clothes off are the ones who do it.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:31 PM   #80  
Started IP 7/7/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Wow!!!! What a difference in your pics!
Thanks, Pat. I do agree that it helps that I'm tall.

So tomorrow is going to be one of those crazy days for me with some good and some bad. I see the orthopedic surgeon about my ankle--my guess is he'll want me to have an MRI and so I won't know much. Next, I get my hair cut and colored--I am so ready for that, but haven't decided what color it will be. And then, to top of the evening, Dana (husband) and I have a coaching with a ballroom champion from New York. I can only hope the ortho surgeon doesn't try to convince me dancing on my ankle is bad.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:18 AM   #81  
Health vs. Madness

Marion- dancing is such fun and great exercise. My husband doesn't like to dance, so I feel left out of something I would love to do.

Pat-I love my kindle, too. I just got the new Kindle Fire and just like magic, all of my books transferred from my old Kindle to the new Kindle Fire. I am using it for this Msg.
Love it.

I am on vacation and traveling is always a challenge. Yesterday, a salad for lunch was not a possibility, so I drank an extra shake around 2pm. Ate dinner and went to bed early and just woke up - hungry. Since I only had 1 meal and 3 shakes, I figured I was too low on calories and I just drank another shake. Hopefully I will go back to sleep.

Goodnight all and have a good day on "plan".
Old 11-22-2011, 06:43 AM   #82  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Marion, I sure hope everything goes really, really well with the doctor. I can't imagine your not being able to dance. When I read about this week's lose (and inches, and fat) I wondered why you weren't ecstatic. Well, if I could read. Guess there is a difference between .1 and 1. But the other stuff is good.

Pat, about slow losers -- at least you're losing; you have some confidence that you will get somewhere, no matter how long it takes. I hope I can keep that spirit alive. I'm just a little below where I stalled out -- for three months -- thru Christmas last year. Maintained fairly well for almost 3 months until my father became seriously ill and died. (Don't be sad. He lived to 100 which was his goal.) And I'm small boned to boot. Add that into the mix and I should be losing weight, however slowly. At this point I'd be happy to get down just 10 more pounds -- where I was the day before my son was born let alone what I weighed before hypothyroidism. Ok, enough, enough. I'm in an cafe because the computer is in the shop. The pastries smell cloyingly sweet, thank goodness.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:48 AM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Good grief! When did you post those numbers in your signature? and the pictures? Great! Everything's great. Have I had my head in the sand? And the cookbook looks good, too. I'll bet you're over the moon.

Tried to order the cookbook since they say some of their orders came from Japan. No dice.
I don't know where you've been, Linden... I've had my ticker & photo link up for several months... but, thanks, I am pretty pleased... just wish I could get the downward motion going again... I've been stalled out about the same length of time you have, since sometime between Thanksgiving & Christmas last year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
Your pics are great. I have always looked at your picture for your avatar and had never looked at the others. You
look fabulous.

Linden-i have never seen naked men bowl. I might have to come to Germany.
Thanks, Rosemary... haha, a naked man is one thing, but watching him bowl, well, I'm not sure about that!..

Marion & Pat, I'm thrilled to see your pics... you both look MAHVELOUS!!!..

hugs
Old 11-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #84  
Started IP 7/7/2010

Orthopedic surgeon went pretty much as expected...I have the MRI tomorrow. The good news is that he says my ligaments--or their replacements in my case--seem pretty strong. The area where I'm getting pain is rather weird and looking at the x-rays, there are a couple of lines there... but they don't appear to be a fracture, so we aren't sure what they are and there is some round thing that looks like a cyst. This is on the top of my foot... near where it attaches to the the tibia. It's kind of weird. We will see what it is and go from there, but for now, I'm going to dance since it was the ligaments I was worried about. I'll probably get the results early next week.

The hair is great! I went red by having them basically strip away my natural color and it feels good.

Dance coaching isn't for a couple of hours and I could sure use a third wind by then! LOL I expect it will come, but right now, a nap sounds really good.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:35 AM   #85  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
I don't know where you've been, Linden... I've had my ticker & photo link up for several months... but, thanks, I am pretty pleased... just wish I could get the downward motion going again...
But you're at 138 now, instead of the 156 in the ticker? Am I reading the signature wrong? Sure hope not.

Hey Marion, that's pretty good news about the ligaments and I hope the coach was everything you hoped for, and more. Several times yesterday when we were out walking I saw a kind of slightly dark strawberry blonde that I thought would look really good on you but didn't quite know how to describe it (still don't). I'm anxious to see what you came up with. Cheers everyone.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #86  

Quote:
But you're at 138 now, instead of the 156 in the ticker? Am I reading the signature wrong? Sure hope not.
Oh, okay, I see what you're meaning, I think... the numbers underneath my avatar, 225-ish/156/138/130???.. no, not at 138 yet, still around 156, the ticker is right... the 138 is what I figured was a "realistic" goal, but 130 is where I'd really like to aim...

I've been back on protocol for a whole week, but since I'm staying off the scales for a while, I don't know if I've lost any lbs... I'm seeing a little progress in my face & double chin, so hopefully it's only a matter of a couple of weeks that I'll start noticing elsewhere... I'm pretty sure I'm in ketosis -- headaches, yucky taste in my mouth, no strong cravings...

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all...

hugs

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 11-23-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:21 AM   #87  
Started IP 7/7/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
Marion- dancing is such fun and great exercise. My husband doesn't like to dance, so I feel left out of something I would love to do.

I am on vacation and traveling is always a challenge.

Goodnight all and have a good day on "plan".
Rosemary, I'm fortunate in that I met my husband dancing so we had that in common to start with. We do have some people at the studio that are married and their spouses don't dance. They'll come to our dinners sometimes, but I'll admit it sure wouldn't be my first choice.

Quote:

Hey Marion, that's pretty good news about the ligaments and I hope the coach was everything you hoped for, and more. Several times yesterday when we were out walking I saw a kind of slightly dark strawberry blonde that I thought would look really good on you but didn't quite know how to describe it (still don't). I'm anxious to see what you came up with. Cheers everyone.
I'm a redhead, but I didn't make the strawberry blonde category. I fear that would be too extreme for me and not great with my skin tone. The photo I took with my phone doesn't show the color very well, so I'll try later. Basically what they did was strip my natural dark brown hair to it's red tones. I'm happy.

The coaching went well. The good news is we are through all the dance choreography which means we have almost 4 months to really work on it and fix our technique.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #88  
Health vs. Madness

Happy Thanksgiving to all IPer's. We are going out and I am going to have steak and lobster with a salad. I really want a baked potatoes, but I can do that next Year.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Happy Thanksgiving IPeeps!
Old 11-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #90  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Congratulations, Bella, on your very first treat day. You've earned it. And happy holidays to all the rest of us. My NSV for the day? I finally found fat free yogurt. Flavor? Vanilla bourbon. I kind you not. And my son stopped by this morning to say that to make up for missing Thanksgiving they were going to take me to one of Berlin's well-known restaurants for roast goose. Still trying not to hold my head in my hands.
Closed Thread