Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 11:13 AM   #136  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Thanks, y'all... I am kinda enjoying doing kettlebells again... I just now did 100 KB swings & will do another 100 in a few minutes... too bad, Linden, they're so expensive over there... maybe you can find a way to try them out without having to buy first?.. :
Do you buy a certain weight and then outgrow it, so to speak. Or do you stick with the same? And if so, what.

And Marion, I'm sorry but I think you're taking it awfully philosophically and I know you'll get there. I'm really struggling with phases 3 and 4 and not being nearly as adult about it as you are. I just hate being the first one to post on the challenge every week and for the last 2 weeks be up. But I think I'm getting a handle on them. I just can not go over 1,200 calories a day. Pity. I would have thought all the walking would have made a difference.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #137  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Do you buy a certain weight and then outgrow it, so to speak. Or do you stick with the same? And if so, what.
Linden, I started with a 5-lb. that I got from Walmart... in no time, it was too light, so I got a 10-lb... I still use it sometimes to warm up or for overhead presses, but mostly I use a 15-lb. for swings... I have a 25-lb. too, but it seems to hurt my shoulders if I use it too much... sorry, that might not be much help in your deciding what to try... one thing I thought of, you might be able to find a KB trainer there, in fact, I'm sure you could... they might offer you a trial lesson... make sure they're certified -- RKC Certified is the term, I think... RKC=Russian Kettlebell Challenge...

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

I found this on Daily Motivation Quotes today:

Quote:
"Whether children or adults, it's actually satisfying to struggle. We're born to struggle. We need to be struggling. It's how to keep our brains alive, growing and thriving. Challenge is pleasure."

~~ Ingrid E. Cummings
WOW, in that case, my brain is REALLY alive, growing, & thriving!..

hugs
Old 12-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #138  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

And Marion, I'm sorry but I think you're taking it awfully philosophically and I know you'll get there. I'm really struggling with phases 3 and 4 and not being nearly as adult about it as you are. I just hate being the first one to post on the challenge every week and for the last 2 weeks be up. But I think I'm getting a handle on them. I just can not go over 1,200 calories a day. Pity. I would have thought all the walking would have made a difference.
I hope you have figured it out. Remember that there usually are some ups when your body starts to store more glycogen again. Hopefully, that will mean that when you go back to phase 1 you'll get a good drop the first week.

I knew I was way off last week. I'm trying not to have a pity party and just change what I can. I don't think I'll every do phase 3 or 4 because I know my body won't handle the way they do things. I'll just transition over to the paleo/primal.

I haven't looked at calories specifically because well, when I'm not eating right I'm even less inclined to write down what I'm eating. I'm not as carb sensitive as some of you are, but that may be related to my activity level. My problem is that I know I need some extra with dancing, but then I get carried away! I'd like to get that amount quantified, but I'm not sure that will happen.

I do feel good that I've been proactive today. I made a batch of chili (totally on plan with lots of veggies) and some of the mini meatloafs using the southwest cheese curls as breadcrumbs (also on plan). This means that I have two meals a day taken care of for several days with the addition of veggies with the meatloaf. All I have to do is add a couple of packets when I'm not dancing and pray I find the right additions on the days I do dance and I should be okay.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:54 PM   #139  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

I'm back home from my weekend away. Let's just say I'm not weighing myself this week. I know what it will say and I can't take looking at the number. It would just discourage me more.

Back on plan today and hoping to make it through this. Really tired and feel like doing nothing. Hot herbal tea is my friend today, along with my two, four legged friends. Really overcast day and that doesn't help my mood either. Tomorrow will be a better day I am sure. Sorry to be a Debbie downer.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

Back from Vegas - only .5 lbs up. The thing that amazes me the most is the difference in the muscle\fat percentage difference. I went up 3% in fat - guess not doing weights for 1 week really made a diffference. Went down about the same in muscle mass. One thing I have noticed, if I drink alcohol, it increases fat percentage and decreases muscle percentage. Moral of that story: Don't drink!
Back to phase 1 and exercise class! Hope everyone has a great week.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #141  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
Back from Vegas - only .5 lbs up. The thing that amazes me the most is the difference in the muscle\fat percentage difference. I went up 3% in fat - guess not doing weights for 1 week really made a diffference. Went down about the same in muscle mass. One thing I have noticed, if I drink alcohol, it increases fat percentage and decreases muscle percentage. Moral of that story: Don't drink!
Back to phase 1 and exercise class! Hope everyone has a great week.
That's great about the .5. Not so nice about the muscle mass? I wonder if whiskeys have the same or as great an effect as high carb alcohols like wine and beer? Probably.

Man, I wish it would stop raining here. I haven't been out for a good walk since Saturday and, since it was raining then, I think I got my fill. Can't get the pup off the front step.

Last edited by Linden; 12-07-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #142  
Started IP 7/7/2010

Quote:

Man, I wish it would stop raining here. I haven't been out for a good walk since Saturday and, since it was raining then, I think I got my fill. Can't get the pup off the front step.
Hopefully you are able to get out and do some walking today. We have lost our outdoor walking weather for a few months. The people here like to walk in the malls for the winter. They are like crazy people and heaven help you if you get in their way. I'm thinking that wouldn't be a good plan with a dog.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:22 PM   #143  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Hopefully you are able to get out and do some walking today. We have lost our outdoor walking weather for a few months. The people here like to walk in the malls for the winter. They are like crazy people and heaven help you if you get in their way. I'm thinking that wouldn't be a good plan with a dog.
Dogs are actually allowed in malls here (and free on public transportation) but there were so many shoppers and lunch seekers at noon today I thought we both were going to be trampled. (Not quite your crazy walkers, though, just hoards.) You could tell that it got to 40F today because people were out sitting at tables on the sidewalks drinking their coffee and eating their pastry, albeit with the lap blankets the bakeries supply. I just wanted to share this. We went to a Christmas fair this weekend and one of the food booths had about a 1/2 dozen tables with chairs. And each chair had an oversized winter coat attached, with a huge fur hood, that you slipped into while you ate. Isn't that neat?

Last edited by Linden; 12-08-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #144  
Started IP 7/7/2010

Quote:
We went to a Christmas fair this weekend and one of the food booths had about a 1/2 dozen tables with chairs. And each chair had an oversized winter coat attached, with a huge fur hood, that you slipped into while you ate. Isn't that neat?
That sounds awesome! About 25 years ago, my husband and I flew into Munich and took a train over to Worgel, Austria for a week of skiing... or in my case enjoying the scenery because I had just messed up my ankle (Yes, it's a trend!). It was beautiful though. We arrived during a blizzard and so everything was just covered in beautiful white snow. I'd love to go back some day and explore more.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:17 PM   #145  
Second time around

I'm still here but.....and that's a big but. Not doing well on the diet so have decided I'm not going to beat myself up knowing I am failing. Putting the diet on the side for now in hopes that Dec 26th I can start a new. I'm kidding myself if I think I can go through Christmas and stay on plan. I'm not going to set myself up for failure once again. I'll be checking in to see how everyone is doing from time to time.

Is anyone else having troubles on this site with your computer freezing up? No other site do I have any problems beside this one. Who knows....
Old 12-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #146  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
I'm still here but.....and that's a big but. Not doing well on the diet so have decided I'm not going to beat myself up knowing I am failing. Putting the diet on the side for now in hopes that Dec 26th I can start a new. I'm kidding myself if I think I can go through Christmas and stay on plan. I'm not going to set myself up for failure once again. I'll be checking in to see how everyone is doing from time to time.

Is anyone else having troubles on this site with your computer freezing up? No other site do I have any problems beside this one. Who knows....
I think that's such a good idea, especially the part about not beating yourself up. I haven't had trouble freezing up, well no more than is normal with this cranky computer. But I have recently been told that the site is down, usually in what would be early morning on the east coast. I do hope you'll stick around, just for the company -- yours. When do you leave for Arizona? I wonder if Carla ever got her clinic up and running? She's dropped out of a Facebook site some of us were on, so I don't know.

H Marion, I didn't see you're earlier post. I've never been in the Tyrol but would love to go in the summer. I'm listening to an absolutely heavenly superb Gounod's Faust from the Metropolitan Opera. I was going to go see the telecast but decided I really didn't want to walk home late at night in the, relative, dark.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #147  
Second time around

Linden...I was just thinking about Carla also. I hope she is doing well. I haven't seen her on here for some time. Maybe I will pm her just to check on her. She was always so helpful. I don't know when I am heading to Arizona this year. Nothing set it stone at this time. But everyday it is getting colder here and we have several of inches of snow on the ground which makes me want to head south sooner rather than later. I'm looking for a different car to drive down there this year. One with more room so I can take my two pups with me. After all, they like the sun and warmth of Phoenix too I'm not looking forward to the 1500 or more mile trip with two dogs in the car though. I haven't driven it since 2006. Good two day trip but some beautiful scenery along the way. Keep in touch please.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 235/201.8/145

Height: 5'6"

I am having a really really hard time getting back on track. I have gotten down two pounds to what I was before Thanksgiving which is awesome. But I could be much lower if I would just focus and get back started. I need some help .
Old 12-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 192/192/130

agoin1, I can understand where you are coming from. I've had a membership to the gym for a few months now and I go for about a week or two and lose my focus. I have been reading some different posts on here and it has made be change my whole way of thinking and I have become so motivated by other success stories. I think that joining 3FC was a great step and it will help keep you focused. I believe if you have support and encouragment it is a great help and that is what this site is all about.
It's hard work but in the end you will have such a great feeling of accompolishment! Check out some threads with before and after success stories, that's what has helped me become motivated again.
Good Luck and stay postive!
Old 12-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 235/201.8/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks! I will try that!
Closed Thread