Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #91  
Giniwarrior

S/C/G: 238/178/155

Height: 5'5"

I thought I asked this again since I didnt see any responses. Its recommended with phase 1 to take enzymes as a supplement. I am not quite sure what the benefit of this is. I took some but didnt notice any difference. What is everyone's feeling on the enzyme supplement??
Old 11-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

NSV - I can now wear the belt for the wii Zumba, albeit tight, and completed a beginner 20 min work out scored way better than when i tried it before in Feb. Think I'm going to get the black eyed peas dance one I saw advertised bored walking outside and I love to dance.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #93  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giniwarrior View Post
I thought I asked this again since I didnt see any responses. Its recommended with phase 1 to take enzymes as a supplement. I am not quite sure what the benefit of this is. I took some but didnt notice any difference. What is everyone's feeling on the enzyme supplement??
the only one I added to my daily intake was Omega 3, 6, 9 that is it
Old 11-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giniwarrior View Post
I have no particular feeling but this is what I found about enzyme supplements

Enzyme Supplementation
The use of enzymes as a supplement with meals has been popular for some time. We consume cooked and processed foods such as fast foods that are nutritionally incomplete. This adds to the burden of the pancreas and immune system to replace lost enzymes, robbing the body of energy production, enzyme reserve and function. Enzyme supplementation with meals is a very good preventive measure.

A good general digestive formula, which also helps the body to adjust to its proper weight and works great for weight loss, should contain betain HCI (increases stomach acidity), pancreatin and pancrelipase ( digests starches, fats, proteins), papain (digests proteins), pepsin (digests proteins), diatase (digest starches), and Ox Bile (digests fat).

Many herbs are enzyme activators that potentiate and enhance enzymatic action while reducing inflammation, removing gas and increasing digestion: Fenugreek (Trigonella foenumgraecum) is one of these herbs.

Fenugreek is cleansing to the bronchial passages of catarrh and other irritants and extraneous materials. It is useful for all mucus conditions and for lung congestion; soothing to inflamed conditions of the stomach and intestines and for ulcers; effective as a poultice on wounds, inflamed areas, boils and carbuncles. May be used as a lubricant for the intestines, as a digestive aid, for fevers, diabetes, gout, and as an aphrodisiac and rejuvenator. A suggested dosage of Fenugreek is two or more 500 mg capsules, 10-15 minutes before meals. If more is needed you should consult your health practitioner. It is important that your physician evaluates persistent digestive problems.

http://www.herbalremedies.com/enzymes.html
Old 11-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #95  
Started IP 9/20/2011

S/C/G: 230/180/125

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with leg pain? My knees have started hurting me over the last couple of days and I'm wondering if it is a deficiency of some sort. I am trying to be mindlful of my supplements but have had a couple of days where I don't get all of the cal-mags in...

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with leg pain? My knees have started hurting me over the last couple of days and I'm wondering if it is a deficiency of some sort. I am trying to be mindlful of my supplements but have had a couple of days where I don't get all of the cal-mags in...

Thanks!
ITs important that you get them all in!
Old 11-13-2011, 07:53 PM   #97  

argh - so can't concentrate...studying is going down the drain...I think I may have had too much green tea today LOL
Old 11-13-2011, 07:57 PM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludolphin View Post
argh - so can't concentrate...studying is going down the drain...I think I may have had too much green tea today LOL
LOL....oops!!!...i hate when I would get that way!...when you get on FB I added you to the southern 3fc page
Old 11-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludolphin View Post
I totally sympathize blu. I went back to school starting when the kids were little.I went part time so it took a while. You feel guilty if you take a break to read for pleasure or watch t.v. And you can't eat junk this time to get you through!!! So take a little break - come here and chat or vent - or let yourself do something fun for a half hour. (Sure wish I found exercise fun. I feel good after I do it but I don't think it's fun.) It will be so worth it when you're through. Hang in there girl. Someday you will be able to read fiction again and watch movies, t.v., etc!!
Old 11-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Just checking in, I've had a rough weekend with migraines. I haven't had them since the 1st week of IP. Must be from the extreme overwork in my job lately.
I am reporting my one pound loss for the week.

I am actually thinking I may not be getting enough food with the alternatives. I started with the protithin stuff that seems pretty close to the IP nutritional readings. But next order I went with Health Smart as they had a variety pack on sale. It's OK but I don't feel like I'm getting as much food as with IP. Maybe my imagination though. I was debating phasing off starting the first of December which would put me on phase 3 during my Christmas break. I am going to have difficulty with the big breakfast with that phase due to how early I have to leave for my long commute.
But after having the migraine weekend I was reminded of how tough the first week of phase one for me with the migraines and I hope I don't have to go through that again. So it may be best if I stay on phase 1 until I reach my goal. I'll see how it is going at the end of the month.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #101  

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Hi,

Thanks!
As in leg cramps? Usually a sign of electrolyte depletion. Be sure to get your extra potassium and calcium/magnesium in. Also the salt. Sometimes I'll pop an extra potassium since I am taking an anti-hypertensive which is potassium depleting too if my legs cramp up. Those dang things hurt.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #102  

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Just checking in, I've had a rough weekend with migraines. I haven't had them since the 1st week of IP. Must be from the extreme overwork in my job lately.
I am reporting my one pound loss for the week.

I am actually thinking I may not be getting enough food with the alternatives. I started with the protithin stuff that seems pretty close to the IP nutritional readings. But next order I went with Health Smart as they had a variety pack on sale. It's OK but I don't feel like I'm getting as much food as with IP. Maybe my imagination though. I was debating phasing off starting the first of December which would put me on phase 3 during my Christmas break. I am going to have difficulty with the big breakfast with that phase due to how early I have to leave for my long commute.
But after having the migraine weekend I was reminded of how tough the first week of phase one for me with the migraines and I hope I don't have to go through that again. So it may be best if I stay on phase 1 until I reach my goal. I'll see how it is going at the end of the month.
As a fellow migraine sufferer, I feel for you. Sometimes it's difficult to know what the trigger is when it comes to migraines. I like to do one of the puddings with coffee for my commute as breakfast. Makes a larger drink and it lasts longer. Take care and feel better.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Thanks Shelly Ann. I am no longer having any food related migraines unless I forget to have a cup of coffee late afternoon.
These migraines are completely exhaustion related.

I have no problem with breakfasts on phase 1, the RTD drinks are very convenient on the early morning commute. Breakfast will be problem with my schedule on phase 3 though. I guess I will just have to have it midmorning when we have a break for recess.
I'm probably worrying too far ahead though; phase 3 is down the road a bit.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #104  

vacation to look forward to. Hubby has agreed that we should go away for our anniversary and we are going to Gulf Shores...granted it's in the middle of January and it'll be cold but it's by the Gulf and it's cheap
Old 11-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #105  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning everyone!!

Crappy weekend, was down sick most of the 3 day weekend, which means I was just out of it, plus my water heater is dying all of a sudden yay.
So now staying home in the morning so I can fix it, still OP and doing my best to keep on track for my goals.
But of course that's hard when you cannot exercise because you feel like crap.
Got about 5 miles in over the weekend and that's it.
Hope to get more in this week, basketball game to go watch tonight.
And this week starts the busy season for the wife, so now I am picking up the little guy for the next 6 weeks or so.
At least she doesn't start her 6 days a week until after Thanksgiving.
I hope everyone is having a great day.

Stay positive, and stay OP.

Hi Lisa
Closed Thread