Old 11-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 143/126.2/120

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy A little discouraged

Ok so I had my weigh in this am. Was excited as I was expecting a bigger loss than last week,which was only 1 lb . Well, I lost 1.2 this week. I know a loss is a loss and we shouldn't say "only" but really just want to lose more than a lb a week. I also lost just 1.5 inches this week. I have been OP all week, 3 liters of water a day, getting all my veggies etc. I do 2 packets a day and 1 restricted which is usually a bar. I make my puddings into shakes and use 1 packet of Sweet Leaf sweetener a day. I have been using the Mio water enhancer but in only one of my waters a day. I have my regular protein at nite with veggies and my snack (resricted bar) usually around 4pm. Do you think I should replace the restricted with a reg packet? Anyone have any suggestions????????????
molliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #2  

Hi no you should stick with one retricted food per day it actually helps keeps you on track. Are you around your cycle? This will make the scale stay the same or go a little higher or you will have a smaller loss that week. Have you been using all your sea salt? The Mio stuff isn't that great for you still has artifical sweeteners and can make your body produce some insulin if used a lot. Trust me I have been there. I lost 63lbs in 18 weeks. Don't be dicouraged next week will probably be a greater loss!

Last edited by Beingmyidealme; 11-09-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Beingmyidealme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beingmyidealme View Post
Hi no you should stick with one retricted food per day it actually helps keeps you on track. Are you around your cycle? This will make the scale stay the same or go a little higher or you will have a smaller loss that week. Have you been using all your sea salt? The Mio stuff isn't that great for you still has artifical sweeteners and can make your body produce some insulin if used a lot. Trust me I have been there. I lost 63lbs in 18 weeks. Don't be dicouragehd next week will probably be a greater loss!
Hi well I haven't had TOM for 5 years so I don't think it's that. I am going to d/c the MIO. It's good but not worth it if it could effect my losses. Sea Salt is not an issue either. And I really love my restricted as it satisfies my sweet tooth, so hoping to not give that up. My coach suggested more lettuce and less Mio. I did buy the Chocolate Chip cookes today. They are OK, didn't enjoy them as much as the bars. Kind of glad about that as they are 23 carbs! Probably won't be buying then again. Thanks
Old 11-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #4  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

One of the reasons you are probably losing slow is because you don't have a lot of weight to lose to begin with. When you get closer to your goal it slows down A LOT. I would switch my restricted to breakfast or lunch and not have it at night since it has the most carbs and if you have it earlier you have all day to burn it off. MIO has not affected me at all, I do drink a lot of hot decaffinated tea as that seems to help me. If you would like post what a day of eating looks like and we can see where we can maybe suggest other options for you.

Never be discouraged but remember that scale is ONLY a number, Yes I used ONLY ....lol....that number does not represent how you feel. You may have to rethink your goal, your body might be where it wants too be. I know Rollercoaster was having issues with losing her last 10lbs and discussed several options and when nothing worked, she decided to change her goal because she was feeling great at the size she was and was tired of fighting with the scale. Keep your chin up, this is a great program

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 11-09-2011 at 05:29 PM.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
One of the reasons you are probably losing slow is because you don't have a lot of weight to lose to begin with. When you get closer to your goal it slows down A LOT. I would switch my restricted to breakfast or lunch and not have it at night since it has the most carbs and if you have it earlier you have all day to burn it off. MIO has not affected me at all, I do drink a lot of hot decaffinated tea as that seems to help me. If you would like post what a day of eating looks like and we can see where we can maybe suggest other options for you.

Never be discouraged but remember that scale is ONLY a number, Yes I used ONLY ....lol....that number does not represent how you feel. You may have to rethink your goal, your body might be where it wants too be. I know Rollercoaster was having issues with losing her last 10lbs and discussed several options and when nothing worked, she decided to change her goal because she was feeling great at the size she was and was tired of fighting with the scale. Keep your chin up, this is a great program
Thanks for the advice. I do think I will do my restricted for bkfs and see if that helps. Congrats again Wuv on your 101 lbs. Amazing!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #6  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by molliegirl View Post
Thanks for the advice. I do think I will do my restricted for bkfs and see if that helps. Congrats again Wuv on your 101 lbs. Amazing!
You are welcome and Thank you!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #7  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Another thought, you are having your last IP item at 4:30? Do you go to bed shortly after? I was told to have mine about 8:00 PM and no later then about 8:30 PM as your body needs the energy to burn while you are asleep. I do agree with Wuv, I wouldn't have your restricted item at night, I like them then too but I'm better off with one of those in the AM or noon. You said you're getting in all your veggies how about your meat?
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:01 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Guy View Post
Another thought, you are having your last IP item at 4:30? Do you go to bed shortly after? I was told to have mine about 8:00 PM and no later then about 8:30 PM as your body needs the energy to burn while you are asleep. I do agree with Wuv, I wouldn't have your restricted item at night, I like them then too but I'm better off with one othose in the AM or noon. You said you're getting in all your veggies how about your meat?
I'm def getting my meat in at dinner usually around 6:00. We do go to bed fairly early 9:00 or so. I really like to have my IP bar late afternoon as I feel that I need that to tide me over until dinner. But then I know some people say have it in the am so you burn it off and then also some say at nite so your body has something to burn while you sleep.... I do wake up fairly hungry so maybe I should try it at nite. Guess I am just going to have to do some experimenting and see what works for me. Thanks
Old 11-09-2011, 11:09 PM   #9  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Experimenting is good, I would definitely stop having the bar or any restricted item in the afternoon. My coach said the protein in the meat takes long to absorb/breakdown and the IP Protein is must faster. If you can I'd experiment with having a drink/pudding before bed if you can, like you said experiment and find what works best for you.
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I agree with everyone - have your bar earlier and never at bedtime. I have my bar for breakfast only. My coach actually suggest I have my IP snack as close to bedtime as possible so I don't go more hours than necessary without some protein in my body. I usually have a pudding or drink right before bed.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:16 AM   #11  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Sometimes on this plan you only lose 1 pound or no pounds for the week. Then some weeks you lose 8 - I think it is how the water fluctuates out of your body. When we focus on the numbers it is hard to focus on the"plan". If we do what we are suppose to and follow protocol, the weight will take care of itself. There is one gal on here that doesn't use a scale. The numbers can become too important to us. Believe in yourself and trust your body. The numbers are what they are. In my journey on this "plan" I had many weeks that I didn't lose or it was a small lose and I still managed to lose 118 pounds. You are doing great! Believe that.
rosemary2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:31 AM   #12  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Height: 5'0"

Keep in mind that you can't NOT lose presuming you are not cheating. Some days it flutuates up a bit, then suddenly does a big drop with no difference in eating. There is some good advise though on when to eat what is these posts - hang in there though. You can't get better support than from these terrific folks!!
Slow Weave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #13  
wannabe thinner

S/C/G: 167/116/115

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by molliegirl View Post
Ok so I had my weigh in this am. Was excited as I was expecting a bigger loss than last week,which was only 1 lb . Well, I lost 1.2 this week. I know a loss is a loss and we shouldn't say "only" but really just want to lose more than a lb a week. I also lost just 1.5 inches this week. I have been OP all week, 3 liters of water a day, getting all my veggies etc. I do 2 packets a day and 1 restricted which is usually a bar. I make my puddings into shakes and use 1 packet of Sweet Leaf sweetener a day. I have been using the Mio water enhancer but in only one of my waters a day. I have my regular protein at nite with veggies and my snack (resricted bar) usually around 4pm. Do you think I should replace the restricted with a reg packet? Anyone have any suggestions????????????
I find sometimes when I don't loose much in weight I may have lost in inches, be mindful of all of the measuring tools you have.
Calypso is offline   Reply With Quote