IP Daily Chat Wednesday 11/2/11

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: Hey I have found 2 chai teas I like without milk.... Chocolaty chai tea from President's choice, and Stash Double chai tea and I add davinci eggnog syrup... so good.

WUV congrats you are doing so great keep it up.
    Oooooo! Those sound yummy. I'm off to Google.
  • Wuv - Great WI, you are such an inspiration!
  • Just gettin started.
    Today is my first day on this website,

I had an IUD removed 33 days ago and had no idea it was one of the reasons I could not lose weight.

I have since lost 5 lbs since removing it. I was 160 the day of removal and I am now 155. (Pretty Good Eh?)

My goal is to be healthy, not only for myself but for my family too.

Hubby says i'm sexy no matter what I look like, he lifts weights all the time and looks amazing. I feel like a frumpy woman next to him.

I would like friends to help me along the way and to help me be strong when my co-worker eats fried everything and I get tempted to take a bite!!!

• Quote: Wuv - Great WI, you are such an inspiration!
    Thanks

Quote: Today is my first day on this website,

I had an IUD removed 33 days ago and had no idea it was one of the reasons I could not lose weight.

I have since lost 5 lbs since removing it. I was 160 the day of removal and I am now 155. (Pretty Good Eh?)

Hubby says i'm sexy no matter what I look like, he lifts weights all the time and looks amazing. I feel like a frumpy woman next to him.

I would like friends to help me along the way and to help me be strong when my co-worker eats fried everything and I get tempted to take a bite!!!

Welcome to the site, lots of information along with recipes and support are here to be found. Having to be around people that eat that kinda stuff is going to be in your life no matter where you are in your journey. YOU are the only one who can stop yourself from eating it. Its going to take a lot of determination and self control to get that accomplished but I do believe you are here because you have gained that. Good luck in your journey !
  • Good evening - I've been away for awhile, school stuff mostly. Just want to say hello and congrats to everyone on the journey - especially to WUV - you are right at that three digit lost number, that's great! You are so supportive of everyone on the trip - stay strong!

My last 10 pounds has been a challenge but I'm within 7 pounds of my goal as of this morning, hopefully down a bit more in the morning. My schedule has kept me away from official WI's but I'm not too worried about it as I'm keeping track at home.

By way of NSV's, I bought some new shirts on sale at JC Penny's - I can't remember the last time I could wear a Large Tall, very cool. Also, my wife informed me she hauled all my previously fitting suits (my work clothes) to Goodwill - there is no going back now! I've also learned to just say "thank you" when someone mentions that I am looking thinner.

Hopefully in a few weeks the last few pounds will be off and I can phase off and get on maintenance. Until then - its more Romaine, veggies, lean meat, and the delicious chocolate shakes.

Stay Strong everyone!
  • Quote: Good morning, lost 2 more pounds and 1.75 inches. I am definitely on phase 2 now! Good luck to all those who weigh in today!
    Congrats Sandy,

I am doing phase II also, friday I will be on phase III for 2 weeks and then giving maintenance a shot until the first of the year, then back on phase I to drop the last 20 lbs. I hope you like phase II, I do, although I have had a couple of phase I days, just for convenience.
  • Congrats Wuv. YOU ROCK!
  • Quote: Congrats Sandy,

I am doing phase II also, friday I will be on phase III for 2 weeks and then giving maintenance a shot until the first of the year, then back on phase I to drop the last 20 lbs. I hope you like phase II, I do, although I have had a couple of phase I days, just for convenience.
    I am happy to hear that you are phasing off correctly! I hope to see good results come from you!! and hopefully we will see you in the new year get to your goal!! You know that you can do it!!
  • WUV - congrats! i am thrilled for you. you must be so excited!
    thanks for getting me through the stress of my first week

ALL - so many great updates here. makes me smile!!!!
  • Quote: Wow Wuv! AWESOME!

I love al the NSV I am hearing.
    I weigh in tomorrow morning here at work...ekkk. hate when the scale is on different ground, weigh ins seem off on our floor at work compared to the clinic...

My NSV was halloween night when the two workout trainers that own the Crossfit gym Joe and I went to stopped by my house to trick-or-treat with their kids and they said they didn't even recognize me or know it was my house, they thought I looked great and rumor has it they were tell everyone at the workout warehouse the next day about me. woohoo! Best part- I don't need to flip tires and do a million push ups to look good! HAHA.
    I crossfit too! It is the best workout ever!
  • Quote: So I have read a lot of people saying that when they started the diet they went though their house and got rid off all the tempting things. I think that this is a really good idea, unfortunetly I couldn't do that so the first week was tourture seeing as everyone else in my house still eat all the "yummy" food. But being around that just made my will power really have to come through and it did. Now I think that I am less tempted by these things since I still seen them EVERY time I opened the pantry or when they would have pizza I would made sure that I had my favorite thing steak. Just something that I thought maybe someone less felt. I think that in way having to see that stuff everyday made my realize I didn't have to have it even though it was there.

Just like for Halloween. My boss had a basket of candy for people to have, well I sit at the front desk and it is right in front of my face all day long! But I don't feel tempeted to eat it.(well most of the time)!!
    I am right with you, when I started I thought well this stuff will still be around when I am skinny and be tempted so lets learn to live seeing stuff that you don't really need but want... it has worked for me so far. I have easter candy in the freezer right beside my peanut butter and chocolate soy puffs. I have some junk food in the cupboard and I still like baking for others. I admit the the cookies were really hard to stay away but I gave them all away.

Quote: Hey everyone
    I recognize a few names here still but mostly lots of new IP'ers since I was around a few months ago.
    I originally started in Feb of this year and lost 46 lbs in 13 weeks which I was thrilled about I phased off for a trip to Disney in May and then never really got officially back on track again until just 2 weeks ago. The biggest issue for me was summer get togethers, my job keeping me so busy and not focused on the program, and my husband's mom passed away quickly and unexpectedly which was really the moment that it all went to **** for me.
    Anyhow, I got my head back into the IP game 2 weeks ago and I feel great I had gained about 23 of the 46 lbs. lost back and in just these 2 weeks, I've already lost 12 of it again. I WILL make it to goal this time and am looking forward to checking in here again as often as I can.
    Looking forward to getting to know everyone
    Welcome back Stacy keep up the good work.

Quote: Today is my first day on this website,

You have found a place where you have friends, we are all here for each other, someone to lean on when we need it, someone to kick our butts when we need it and someone to come here to talk about the small victories. This is a great diet and a great forum. Welcome
  • WUV I also had a kind of a ccoffee latte today with only a little milk, with Chocolate and Caramel syrup it was sooo good, never thought the chocolate would taste that good in coffee.. Wuv the eggnog is so good and if you mix it with vanilla pudding and pumpkin spice like a pumpkin spice latte... very good.
  • What is RTD shake?
    Quote: Alot of people seem to put some of the vanilla RTD shake in it... you can also try the flavored syrups...
    Thanks for the reply. I have tried flavored syrups. I guess I like the thickness of half & half - not so much flavorings.

I figured out RTD , they are too thin from IP - that's the only one I have tried.
  • what to put in coffee
    Quote: Thanks for the reply. I have tried flavored syrups. I guess I like the thickness of half & half - not so much flavorings.

I figured out RTD , they are too thin from IP - that's the only one I have tried.
    I use the vanilla pudding for my coffee. I make it the night before and it's nice and cold and thick from being in the fridge all night. It's a great treat in the morning.
  • Quote: WUV I also had a kind of a ccoffee latte today with only a little milk, with Chocolate and Caramel syrup it was sooo good, never thought the chocolate would taste that good in coffee.. Wuv the eggnog is so good and if you mix it with vanilla pudding and pumpkin spice like a pumpkin spice latte... very good.
    I will look for it for sure. Thanks

I found this on one of the Ideal Protein Facebook pages....more new stuff coming!!!!!!

New bars coming in November: Double Chocolate, dark on the outside and milk chocolate on the inside. Chocolate Peanut Butter bar, tastes like a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup