3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday 11/2/11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/246348-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-11-2-11-a.html)

JellyMae87 11-02-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumblesis (Post 4093644)
I NEED my coffee, and skim milk in only one cup is killing me!! Is there a solution for those of us coffee drinkers who need more than a token coloring for my coffee? PLEEEZE!!

Alot of people seem to put some of the vanilla RTD shake in it... you can also try the flavored syrups...

rbtemplet 11-02-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxnhound1 (Post 4093553)
I went through my closet this weekend, too, and donated 3 bags of clothes.

I'm having an icky week. Scale doesn't want to move - but I feel like things are fitting better - so maybe I will get inches this week. I'm not feeling very motivated this week and staying OP is a chore.

WI is tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to this one. I think I'll go up to Wuv's beginning post and look for Dr. Tran's book. Maybe some reasoning will help this funk.

Good luck to everyone today.

I did the same thing this weekend with my closet!! Got rid of two huge garbage bags of clothes I never want to see again.
I'm in a funk this week, too...TOM right around the corner. I am having alot of trouble staying OP. My mind wants me to eat my way out of the funk, but I am fighting back. It just seems so hard this week! WI tomorrow and hopefully TOM comes and goes with as little drama as possible...LOL!

wuv2bloved 11-02-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allie123 (Post 4093261)
goodmorning all!

well, my first weigh in was cancelled last night as many of do not have power from a strom that hit the east coast over the weekend. BUT, i weighed myself here this morning (i made sure the scales were synched from my first weigh in AND i lost 8 pounds!!!!

i am so excited and even more motivated! isn't that great WUV?

That is AWESOME!!...you know you are doing it right with a number like that!!...Keep it up!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4093381)
So, I have been on IP for just 8 full days and have already had an NSV!!! I put on a pair of jeans this morning that are usually a bit snug but loosen up through the day and they were already that lose comfy fit ....right out of the dryer! Talk about positive reinforcement and motivation!!!!!

These are always great moments when you are in a funk as some are this week. Some may no being seeing the scale more but the inches are falling off...Keep your chin up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melfuchsia (Post 4093458)
I am new to the forum, but loving the idea of NSV. I'm wearing a cardingan today that I could not even button a few months ago! Yeah!

Welcome to the forum, lots of information, support and recipes are here. Pop a squat and read awhile....join in :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyMae87 (Post 4093487)
It sure was pretty Chilly this morning... I even had frost on the car!!

HAHAH...I am in shorts and flip flops....gotta love the south!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4093554)
Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday. Crazy busy here, but I did go for my WI today and I lost 5 pounds. So excited! I was a little nervous because the doctor's office got this new high tech looking scale, but the coach assured me that this new scale was equivalent to the old scale. Off to read everyone's post for today.

Happy Wednesday! :carrot:

Great job on the 5lbs and don't let that scale intimidate ya....you are doing great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshGFonIP (Post 4093568)
Good Morning All, Day to OP and I feel good, I have a bit of a stomach ache but I think I just need to drink more water. yesterday I did well except I was soo hungry when I got off work I grabbed some beef jerky and I am feeling pretty guilty about it. I will do much better today and stay OP.

Question: What does NSV and SV stand for?

NSV = Non scale victory
SV = scale victory

WELL WELL....Had my 28th WI this morning and I am happy to say I am down another 4lbs making it 97lbs and 3.5 more inches making that 73.2 inches GONE and NEVER EVER coming back!!!

Everyone is doing great this week so far, lets make it another awesome week!!!!

ItsAboutTime 11-02-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumblesis (Post 4093644)
I NEED my coffee, and skim milk in only one cup is killing me!! Is there a solution for those of us coffee drinkers who need more than a token coloring for my coffee? PLEEEZE!!

I use a vanilla shake in mine every morning.

ItsAboutTime 11-02-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4093731)
WELL WELL....Had my 28th WI this morning and I am happy to say I am down another 4lbs making it 97lbs and 3.5 more inches making that 73.2 inches GONE and NEVER EVER coming back!!!

Week 28 and 4 pounds! You are my hero. :cheer3::cheer2:

MustangMolly 11-02-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime (Post 4093742)

Mine too, and my motivation along with so many others on this site. It's amazing how most of us only know one another by our posts on this site, yet we choose to be positive and supportive for one another, for people we don't even know and those who are closest to us and who we do know in person can be so negative or detrimental to our success. Whew, long run-on sentence to say this is a GREAT support system.:bravo:

Endless Dieter 11-02-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

That is AWESOME!!...you know you are doing it right with a number like that!!...Keep it up!!!

These are always great moments when you are in a funk as some are this week. Some may no being seeing the scale more but the inches are falling off...Keep your chin up!

Welcome to the forum, lots of information, support and recipes are here. Pop a squat and read awhile....join in :)

HAHAH...I am in shorts and flip flops....gotta love the south!!!

Great job on the 5lbs and don't let that scale intimidate ya....you are doing great!

NSV = Non scale victory
SV = scale victory

Wow.. you are such a success story. :bravo:

stolaf 11-02-2011 02:23 PM

WUV - Awesome job on this week's weight loss! That's an amazing drop in one week!

rbtemplet 11-02-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Way to go, WUV!!!! :broc: You are such an inspiration!!! Keep up the good work...I know you will!!
P.S. I'll be in my shorts and flip flops later on...LOVE it in the south!! :sunny:

wuv2bloved 11-02-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime (Post 4093742)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4093749)
Mine too, and my motivation along with so many others on this site. It's amazing how most of us only know one another by our posts on this site, yet we choose to be positive and supportive for one another, for people we don't even know and those who are closest to us and who we do know in person can be so negative or detrimental to our success. Whew, long run-on sentence to say this is a GREAT support system.:bravo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Dieter (Post 4093750)
Wow.. you are such a success story. :bravo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by stolaf (Post 4093763)
WUV - Awesome job on this week's weight loss! That's an amazing drop in one week!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbtemplet (Post 4093764)
Way to go, WUV!!!! :broc: You are such an inspiration!!! Keep up the good work...I know you will!!
P.S. I'll be in my shorts and flip flops later on...LOVE it in the south!! :sunny:

Thanks everyone, I think I like giving the support that I do because I know this program works and I want others to know that and be as successful as I and many others have been. I have become very close to a few on here and we are hundreds some thousands of miles apart but they and this thread has become part of my everyday routine. If I don't read here part of my day seems not right!! I look forward to reading everyone's post and seeing how great everyone is doing. WE have a GREAT and very unique support team here!!

DanafromAustin 11-02-2011 02:59 PM

Great job on everyone's losses this week. I bought the new cook book while at WI today. The recipes look easy enough and really delicious.

molliegirl 11-02-2011 02:59 PM

A little dissapointed

Hi everyone..... weigh in # 4 today and only lost 1.2 lbs and I THOUGHT I had a great week. On the bright side, I did lose anotherady t 3.5 inches so I will take that. Just thought the number on the scale would be higher. Since I started, 11.8 llbs and almost 30 inches so I guess my body is giving up the inches first! I feel great and am ready to take on the week. Hope everyone is having a great week!

DanafromAustin 11-02-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molliegirl (Post 4093800)
Hi everyone..... weigh in # 4 today and only lost 1.2 lbs and I THOUGHT I had a great week. On the bright side, I did lose anotherady t 3.5 inches so I will take that. Just thought the number on the scale would be higher. Since I started, 11.8 llbs and almost 30 inches so I guess my body is giving up the inches first! I feel great and am ready to take on the week. Hope everyone is having a great week!

It's 1.2 pounds less now to loose and that's great. Inches are super important and tell the real story. The scale doesn't really tell the whole story; just too many factors involved. Congrats on another week of weight loss. :carrot:

frazzledmom04 11-02-2011 03:35 PM

CONGRATULATIONS WUV!!!! You are absolutely aaaaamazing!!!!!!!

foxnhound1 11-02-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbtemplet (Post 4093720)
I did the same thing this weekend with my closet!! Got rid of two huge garbage bags of clothes I never want to see again.
I'm in a funk this week, too...TOM right around the corner. I am having alot of trouble staying OP. My mind wants me to eat my way out of the funk, but I am fighting back. It just seems so hard this week! WI tomorrow and hopefully TOM comes and goes with as little drama as possible...LOL!

I know what you mean about wanting to eat out of the funk. My biggest comfort food is chai tea. The weather has turned pretty cool here and I so want to wrap my hands around a cup.

I've found a good alternative. I tried the IP recipes for chai and they just don't work for me. What I DO like is the RTD vanilla drink, a touch of coffee just to color a bit (and it offsets the sweetness) and a bit of raspberry flavoring. The only problem I have is I have to limit how many I can have. If I was offplan, I would have probably 3 a day.

Good luck on your WI - they can surprise you sometimes, in a good way.