IP Daily Chat Wednesday 11/2/11

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: So, I have been on IP for just 8 full days and have already had an NSV!!! I put on a pair of jeans this morning that are usually a bit snug but loosen up through the day and they were already that lose comfy fit ....right out of the dryer! Talk about positive reinforcement and motivation!!!!!
    Congrats !!!! Im so happy for you!!!!
  • Quote: Good Morning!! Another cold morning in the PNW. Waiting for the sun to come up here. Getting ready to WI. Yes, Mustang, having the clothing fit is inspirational. I had been procrastinating getting a couple of pair of pants hemmed that had been in my closet since this summer. When I put them on last week - they fell off!!! That was inspirational. Wish we were all closer to do clothing-exchanges during our different sizes as we lose.
    It sure was pretty Chilly this morning... I even had frost on the car!!
  • Quote: I am loving the NSV. I am on week 3 and already my work pants have a little more room in them. It is motivating.
    Keep it up everyone.
    I know the feeling. Im a nurse and have always worn a 3x top&pant. Now going in to my week4 OP my 2x top&pant that i JUST bought are toooo big!!!! It is very motivating!!!
  • Hello all,

I was getting ready to go to lunch and wanted to see how everyone was doing. Sounds like everyone is doing great. Good luck to eveyone who WI today . Those of you with snow all around try to stay warm!
  • Quote: Good morning all! I have WI today, the first one since back from vacation with hubby. I know I gained a little, I was off track for 4 days, when I got home my scale showed a 9lb gain! I've been working like crazy to get it off, I'll say the taste on the lips is so not worth it! I'm 1 lbs above where I was before I left. This is riddiculous, I could have been to 30lbs gone by now, instead I'm stuck here at the same place but I am so focused to not get off track again. I survived Halloween, didn't even touch it all the while the candy was taunting me. My Will Power is stonger than that.

Thank you all for your support, I love reading all the posts, everyone is so motivational. I'll chack back in later with my offical gain

Have a great day everyone
    You are going to be fine! Now your back, your focused, and you can do this! i wish you luck!
  • It looks like another fantastic day for everyone I love it! I am on the fourth week and already got rid of tones of clothes. I never want to fit into them again so they are GONE!!!!

Have a great day everyone and keep up the good work.
  • Quote: WUV mentioned she was going to as pxlkitty if she would mind making one for us, so I am sure one is on its way...
    and
    Thank you.
    Do you think we might ask for one that goes to 2nd January? I could make a case for either ending on the 26th of DECEMBER (boy, that would be the test) or ending on the 2nd of January. But I'm leaning toward the 2nd (assuming this one starts again on a Monday) for the simple reason that many, many people won't be home on the 26th having gone to visit relatives and not taken their scale (I hope). It also gives those who, er, hum, may have indulged over Christmas a fighting chance at success. Whatcha think?
  • Congratulations everyone on your continued losses. I went through my closet this weekend, too, and donated 3 bags of clothes.

I'm having an icky week. Scale doesn't want to move - but I feel like things are fitting better - so maybe I will get inches this week. I'm not feeling very motivated this week and staying OP is a chore.

WI is tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to this one. I think I'll go up to Wuv's beginning post and look for Dr. Tran's book. Maybe some reasoning will help this funk.

Good luck to everyone today.
  • Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday. Crazy busy here, but I did go for my WI today and I lost 5 pounds. So excited! I was a little nervous because the doctor's office got this new high tech looking scale, but the coach assured me that this new scale was equivalent to the old scale. Off to read everyone's post for today.

Happy Wednesday!
  • Good Morning All, Day to OP and I feel good, I have a bit of a stomach ache but I think I just need to drink more water. yesterday I did well except I was soo hungry when I got off work I grabbed some beef jerky and I am feeling pretty guilty about it. I will do much better today and stay OP.

Question: What does NSV and SV stand for?

Thanks
  • Morning everyone. I'm procrastinating...trying to find some motivation to go outside and do some yard work. But it's COLD!!!! I'm already cold most of the time so the idea of going out and getting colder isn't appealing at the moment. I'm sure once I get out there i"ll warm up but...Oh well guess it's got to be done.
    Congrats everyone on all your SV and NSV and good luck on WI's today.
  • Yeah! Got my ticker and signature line! Now if I can only get it to work.

(it worked!)

The 26 inches AMAZES me - that is over 2 feet! where did I put it? Oh, yes, the muffintop.
  • Good afternoon lovely IPers!

Well, made it to Phase 2! Today is officially the day I am phasing off. I am so super excited to be in P2. Also had a really good WI- 2# down bringing me to just about 90% of goal. I am hoping to get to 131-132 so 135 can be my maintaining weight.

I also just wanted to share some of my successes. In 5 short (and sometimes not so short!) months, I have lost:

35 pounds
    My waist went from 33" to 27.25" (5.75" lost)
    Hips from 43" to 37.5" (5.5" lost)
    Thighs from 26" to 21.5" (4.5" lost- EACH)
    Arms from 14" to 10.5" (3.5" lost - EACH)
    Stomach from 39.25" to 32.5" (6.75" lost)

I went from a tight 12 to a 4 in most pants, sometimes 6 (depending on the cut and brand).

I wanted to share this because I wanted those of you who are just starting out to see that if you just stick to the program, it really does work. I know it takes some time to get your feet wet and to get the program "down" but if you just follow your phase 1 sheet and do not deviate, it WILL WORK!

Yes, you will have weeks where you think it is isn't working and weeks when the scale does not move fast enough, but just KEEP AT IT! It will all work out in the end. I can't say that it has always been an easy road to get here, and there have definitely been times when I let my mind get the best of me, but I stuck with the program and it paid off.
  • congratulations and goodl luck, Jenny!

Thank you for sharing - all the successes of others help keep me motivated. THIS week might not be really good for me - but next week has potential!
  • Is there a good coffee creamer?
    I NEED my coffee, and skim milk in only one cup is killing me!! Is there a solution for those of us coffee drinkers who need more than a token coloring for my coffee? PLEEEZE!!