Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 10:22 AM   #16  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
I WILL survive Halloween without eating any candy. That is my mantra that I keep repeating. I gained a lot of my weight from Halloween candy. I love candy!!! It is like crack cocaine. I bought smarties and suckers to hand out so I'm not tempted by what's in my house, but I have to take my 3 year old trick-or-treating and not eat any of her haul. She has pretty much figured out what I can and can't eat and will call me on any cheat with a "No Mommy! You are on a diet. Don't eat that!
Isn't that funny?? My bf has a 5 year old. She is always asking why I drink lunch or breakfast... So when I actually get to eat dinner she says ... You can eat that??
Old 10-31-2011, 10:26 AM   #17  
started IP 10/10/2011

S/C/G: 356/337 or see ticker/190-200

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Good morning fellow IP'ers. Today is my very first weigh in and I am hoping for good results. My only stumble on the plan was not being able to eat all my veggies one day and my only worry is that I drink too much Mio. I don't feel any difference in my clothes and after seeing the first week weight loss of those who have 100 pounds to lose, like me, I really have been hoping for a big number--8 or 9. I know any weight lost will be a step in the right direction.

Good luck to everyone tempted by the halloween candy, I will really savor my chocolate shake tonight as the trick or treaters come by.
Mustangmolly,

You will do fine!! even if its not what you hoped for. My first week i only lost 3lbs but i lost 6 ' total. 2 in my chest, 2 in my hips and to in my arms. Its the little things that matter and that was enough for me to jump for joy. i hope your WI goes well. Keep at it!
Old 10-31-2011, 10:31 AM   #18  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Happy Halloween! I haven't purchased candy in several years...at least since my son moved out on his own. Problem was I would buy it well before trick or treating and then end up having to buy more a few day before because my son and I (mostly I) had eaten it. I love tootsie rolls! I won't get home tonight until just before TOT begins in the neighborhood so I'll just fix myself a huge mug of hot tea and head to the neighbor's driveway for some good old fashioned socializing.

Third day on Phase 2 and I had to "force" myself to have my snack yesterday! I'm taking that sign as a very good thing.

Stay strong and keep your eyes on the prize........
Old 10-31-2011, 10:33 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Here is a true story I read someplace lately which should help with avoiding Hallowe'en candy. A Sunday school teacher had sent it in. A young student asked how he could take to God. She explained about prayer and he said it was an emergency he had to report a theft. She asked what had happened and he answered; "God is not going to be too happy when He hears about my father eating my Hallowe'en candy!"

So be careful, you are being watched!

Pat
Old 10-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #20  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Mustang, don't sweat the not eating your veggies one day, that will not have a big impact on your WI no matter what your coach says.
As for too much Mio, don't sweat that either, I have been using Mio since I think the first week if not the second, it's pretty much in every glass of water I have had since and I have never found it to cause a problem.
Don't over stress the little things, I am sure you will do fine.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

WUV, thanks for posting the article on setting goals.
The thread about setting weight goals based on BMI has been locked but I actually learned a lot from it. The info Suzanne but on it was very interesting. She said that research shows that people shows that people at the higher end of the healthy BMI range live longest. That helps me understand why my doctor is so insistent I do not go below 130 as my goal. He says it is important as we get older to have a bit of weight that we can afford to lose because we never know what will happen healthwise and it is best not to be on the lower end of that measurement. Sorry if I am off track here but i was following that discussion carefully.

Pat
Old 10-31-2011, 11:44 AM   #22  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Happy Halloween everyone. We don't get trick or treaters now where we live so no candy hanging around. Truthfully even if there was it really wouldn't bother me. I figure if I could handle seeing all of that food at the Halloween party this past Saturday night and not eating any of it, then I can handle anything.

I did wake up in the middle of the night with a sore throat and swollen glands and was really worried because my son's Bar Mitzvah is this coming weekend and I have lots of family and friends flying in from out of state. So I pulled out my elderberry lozenges that work like a charm. The only problem is they have sugar in them. However I decided not to freak out as they are small and I only take one them once or twice a day. I figure the carbs has to be hardly anything, and the most important part is I can not get sick this week. Guess you just have to pick your battles sometimes.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:47 AM   #23  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning, Looks like we have a lot of first time WI's this morning can't wait to hear the results. Like Wayward said don't stress about the numbers on the scale, you will see and feel the different. Don't stress at all, everything works IF you stick to the plan. Just checking the threads before I go do my payroll so I will check back in later...have a great day everyone and Happy Halloween
Old 10-31-2011, 12:00 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Good luck Mustang!!! It will be great!!

I'm sitting in an airport again....ugh. I really wanted to use ALL the Halloween graphics in one post....you'll just have to imagine them.

I started IP right before Easter....my tip for candy holidays....get your partner to kiss you right after he/she finishes a candy...personally like the chocolate kisses.... It has to be when they have 'finished' eating the candy thou!

Stay strong everyone!!

Last edited by Ishbel; 10-31-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:27 PM   #25  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Hello everyone and Happy Halloween!!

I had a heck of a weekend. It was the first time I really wanted to cheat. All I wanted to do was eat and eat and eat. Well I figured out why - TOM came a little early yesterday! It arrived a little before my first WI last month so this was my first experience dealing with this particular issue on IP. I will have to prepare myself if this hunger craze strikes me again next time. I craved sweets and candy so bad, but thankfully did not cave. Holding on to a bit of bloat right now but hopefully that will be gone in a day or two. Whew!

Did have a NSV yesterday. We went to church and I noticed while kneeling in the pew that my belly wasn't all smashed up against the pew in front of me and I could kneel comfortably! Funny the things you notice when the weight starts falling off.

Good luck to all the first WI's today! Happy Halloween and stay OP ya'll!
Old 10-31-2011, 12:39 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Good luck Mustang!!! It will be great!!

....my tip for candy holidays....get your partner to kiss you right after he/she finishes a candy...personally like the chocolate kisses.... It has to be when they have 'finished' eating the candy thou!

Stay strong everyone!!

My husband ate a mini snickers last night and I asked him if i could smell his breath! LOL I never thought of asking for a kiss, hel'll love it.

So I'm back from my first WI and I'm happy to report I lost 6 pounds! Not much in the inches but I'll take the 6 pounds and run with it. This week I had my exercise back so I'm hoping to keep the losing trend rolling. Thanks everyone for your support, it really helped get me through.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:46 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswinter View Post
Hello everyone and Happy Halloween!!

I had a heck of a weekend. It was the first time I really wanted to cheat. All I wanted to do was eat and eat and eat. Well I figured out why - TOM came a little early yesterday! It arrived a little before my first WI last month so this was my first experience dealing with this particular issue on IP. I will have to prepare myself if this hunger craze strikes me again next time. I craved sweets and candy so bad, but thankfully did not cave. Holding on to a bit of bloat right now but hopefully that will be gone in a day or two. Whew!

Did have a NSV yesterday. We went to church and I noticed while kneeling in the pew that my belly wasn't all smashed up against the pew in front of me and I could kneel comfortably! Funny the things you notice when the weight starts falling off.

Good luck to all the first WI's today! Happy Halloween and stay OP ya'll!
Great job miss! That tom is tough. Even though I'm older I'm on Bioidentical HRT so still have a little issue with that. I remember the first time I had to deal with that on IP. I said to dh, and he really is a dear, "This is the first time I'm doing this without chocolate. It's really hard!" I did have lots of the IP chocolate shakes and puddings and that helped a lot. Keep up mthe good work.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:51 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
My husband ate a mini snickers last night and I asked him if i could smell his breath! LOL I never thought of asking for a kiss, hel'll love it.

So I'm back from my first WI and I'm happy to report I lost 6 pounds! Not much in the inches but I'll take the 6 pounds and run with it. This week I had my exercise back so I'm hoping to keep the losing trend rolling. Thanks everyone for your support, it really helped get me through.
I have to do just the opposite! If dh has had anything - even plain chips, I can smell it and just can't risk it. For me it's like playing with fire. But I want to say, great job with the loss.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:00 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Happy Halloween everyone. We don't get trick or treaters now where we live so no candy hanging around. Truthfully even if there was it really wouldn't bother me. I figure if I could handle seeing all of that food at the Halloween party this past Saturday night and not eating any of it, then I can handle anything.

I did wake up in the middle of the night with a sore throat and swollen glands and was really worried because my son's Bar Mitzvah is this coming weekend and I have lots of family and friends flying in from out of state. So I pulled out my elderberry lozenges that work like a charm. The only problem is they have sugar in them. However I decided not to freak out as they are small and I only take one them once or twice a day. I figure the carbs has to be hardly anything, and the most important part is I can not get sick this week. Guess you just have to pick your battles sometimes.
S

So sorry you're not feeling well Dana. I think Zinc really helps me when I feel a cold coming on - even more than vitamin C - but I take both when I start feeling something coming on. It may just be psychological but I think it helps the cold be milder. Maybe with swollen glands you should go to the doctor right away since you have the big event coming up. Hope you feel better soon!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:04 PM   #30  
ON IP Since November 1

S/C/G: 191/175.6/125

Height: 5'4

Good Morning Everyone! hope you all had a fantastic weekend.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
: witch2:
Closed Thread