Old 11-07-2011, 05:36 PM   #16  

Height: 5'0"

Just talking to a friend that's also doing IP. She was talking about roasting leeks. Says they turned out wonderful and crispy. Maybe you could use them to replace the fried onions. (I think we can have leeks)

Last edited by shelly ann; 11-07-2011 at 05:37 PM.
shelly ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #17  
sas
SAS

S/C/G: 200/200/137

Height: 5.4

maybe try for desert you favorite bar or make a choc drink with mint tea. Its a nice way to finish a meal.
sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #18  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

I am going to try the green bean casserole, the cauliflower mashed pototoes and the pumpkin pie pudding. Thanks for all the ideas.
Since it just my family for Thanksgiving this year, I have convinced them that one meal is best. So I will make IP compliant foods then they can have extras if they choose. They will probably make a stuffing and rolls for their dinner but i still feel like I am can be very good and enjoy the tradition of the holiday.
I also need to remember that the Day is about BEING THANKFUL not about the food itself.
Mickeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

I'm in Canada so I already weathered the thanksgiving dinner.

I used rhubarb in place of cranberries and it was awesome.

Also sprinkled some poultry seasoning on part of my turkey to give it that 'stuffing' taste. Kinda worked LOL

I made it through, just kept thinking about the end result and that I had to do this for only ONE thanksgiving...just one...I wouldn't have to do this again next year, so one time isn't a big deal.

Good luck!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

SAVORY HOLIDAY CUPCAKES (or How to Make Your Leftovers Awesome): If you have an Ideal Protein friendly holiday feast, your leftovers can be transformed into equally delicious appetizers.

Ingredients:
Meat (Turkey, Ham, Chicken or combination of any (cubed))
1 can diced green chilies (mild) (I use Ortego brand)
1 egg beaten (You can use either 1 whole egg or 2 egg whites)
Herbs to taste (I use 2 tsp Italian Herbs (Basil, Oregano, Marjorum, Thyme)
Additional vegetables if desired (Chopped bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, cooked turnip, etc)
Sea Salt + Pepper

Topping: Mashed Cauliflower or Mashed Cauliflower + Broccoli
(Recipe Link Click Here )
Cherry tomatoes (halved) and / or diced cucumber.

Directions:
1. Preheat over to 200 C.
2. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake paper. This will make the appetizers much easier to take out and eat than if you just spray with non-stick cooking spray. Trust me.
3. In a bowl, add your meat, chilies, herbs, salt/pepper, and any other vegetables.
(If you have multiple meats, you may want to separate them for different tasting appetizers. Or add them all together. You choose.)
4. Add in beaten egg (or beaten egg whites). If you have a lot of meat and veggies and you feel there isnt enough of the liquid, add 1 more egg or white. You dont need a lot, but its what will help the meat stay together.
5. Scoop the mixture into the cupcake tin about 1/2 to 3/4 full.
6. Top all but 1 of the savory cupcakes with the mashed cauliflower.
(This is to more easily tell if they are cooked well. Not a mandatory step.)
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on your oven. The uncovered savory cupcake should look firm.

Serve hot or cold.

Note, you can make this without the egg if you mix the meat and other ingredients with the mashed cauliflower. You will need to cook it a bit longer and it wont really set up solid, but its also very good
FinnSteven is offline   Reply With Quote