Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #76  

Height: 5'4"

I guess I never saw where you said this thread isn't for you. I feel for ya. I don't think I could do the program that long and be that upbeat. You go girl! I understand what you are saying about being in the middle middle. I hope nobody feels I was stepping on toes starting this. I am not one who wants to answer the newbies same questions over and over. I'm not saying that to be mean, I was there once, I just don't have time. I'd rather have a place where 90% of the posts pertain to things I am going through also. That may sound terrible but it's how I feel. That being said, I love how so many of us started together and will more than likely end together. I've bonded with many here and am super glad for the help I've received but I feel closest to those whose stats or time lines are similar. I can't be the only one. So, as I've said 100 times, this is a place to "fall" when you aren't a newbie or a maintainer. That's the only reason I started the thread.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #77  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I totally understand why you started the thread and you didn't step on my toes that is for sure. I am just an upbeat person, its just how I am. Its all good no worries. I posted something in wayward's supports thread about "I don't like it cuz it talks about phase 2-3" not that I didn't like like it ya know?...sometimes words can so be taken outta context!....so no worries its all good by me
Old 10-25-2011, 07:09 PM   #78  

Oh, I guess I haven't ever read that thread. I understand. I love peeking in on the maintainers but I long for free days when they have them. I've been going there more as I'm inching closer just to prepare but it's still hard no matter how much you have left to lose.

You have no worries, I bet you will get to goal in another 3-4 months.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #79  

Good evening everyone! Just hanging in here trying to get my mind off of food and lose before weigh in tomorrow! heeheee, I called my coach and asked her for both phase 2 and phase 3 so I can "plan" ahead. It 's going to be cold tonight so I tried on a bunch of winter tops and stuff. I can fit into all my smaller clothes that I had stored! Woohoo, some were even too big.

WUV, you are the best! I love the way you encourage the newcomers and keep up the positivity.

I wonder if I should try a couple of lunches of eating my own protein instead of IP packets. Just remember though, that IP protein is more easily absorbed into our systems whereas the other protein has to "process" or something like that!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Hey gals (and guys?), just spent the last hour reading through this thread and does it ever pertain to me. I started a separate thread because I am really struggling with deciding when to phase off. I am very close to goal and feeling so good. I am also a slow loser and although my official WI isn't until tomorrow, I know it is going to be a slow week. So now I am really thinking should I switch to P2 to see if it helps get me a little closer to goal, or just start phasing off in general.

Thoughts? Opinions?
Old 10-25-2011, 10:56 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Sandy,
good luck on your WI ! Ya know I love everybody on this thread, I feel you are open and honest about what goes on in life and diet. I have been totally honest with ups and downs. I think that makes people going through the same thing feel better. We all are adults and we do what we have to do, to make "it" work for us. I am phasing off and comfortable with it. My body really needs the fruit and yogurt that PH3/4 provides. If you read the original diet, it was never meant for long term. I will jump back to PHI after the holidays and play it by ear, if the big "C" starts again, I will phase off. I don''t care if it takes a year to lose the rest of my weight. I am healthy and comfortable. I won't leave the boards though. I like the accountability and friendship. AND I am seeing WUV all the way through, she has been such an inspiration. 2Ride, you are also awesome and I don't think you have an "actual" rant in you. tee hee. I salute you all for your contributions!
Old 10-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

WUV, I didn't mean anything negative about the 100% thread, I just meant for me it was hard to decide what 100% meant because some coaches say one thing and others say another so it's hard to say what's exactly right. I tend to be pretty rule driven so probably was taking the concept of 100% to an extreme.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:08 AM   #83  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I am starting to feel it after just 17 weeks but I burn out on every diet by about 3-4 months so I think it's just in my nature. Deff. not quitting, just not as gung ho most days.

It's been a great day here. I got a compliment at work for once. I'm used to toxic coworkers so this was a nice change. Smoeone told me she had to take a double look to see who I was because I'm shrinking away. "Just so tiny" in her words.

I also looked up my daughter's report card because I didn't want to wait for conferences tomorrow and she has straight A's. Proud mom!
Okay now I don't really understand, and maybe it is because I never seriously was ever on a diet other than this one. My thought is this maybe when you get to 17 week and want to quit the diets and you say you tend to quit... so this is what I think it is you have to refocus on your goal... what you are experiencing is your inner child having a temper tantrum because it can't have what it wants... tell it to settle down and eventually you can have what it wants (but not needs). Now focus on the goal and stay focused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Is it dumb to do a phase 2 day the day before my weigh in? I'm planning on having a chicken breast with my broccoli instead of a shake with broccoli. I should be just fine shouldn't I? I want to see if I'm as hungry about 3:30-4:00 when I add the "real" protein vs the shake. I've been starving and having to eat my bar at this time almost everyday. I don't plan on moving to phase 2 for good, just want to throw one in here and there. (Along with the weekends if that goes ok.) Would you do it or just wait and try it Thursday after I've weighed in?
I wouldn't do it one day at a time, unless you are like somewhere and can't get a phase 1 done do a phase 2... I would do a week on phase 2 and a week off and see how that goes. Give your body a little time to adjust to phase 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
Guess who is a big loser.....
ME!!!!!!!!!!
And I couldn't be happier! 159.2 for a total of 47.8 lbs and 55 1/4".....
Finally a WI I can smile about!
Thanks for listening to me whine guys, I appreciate it!
Congrats that is great news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Ok for the record, I did not start success 100% thread to cause anyone no grief. I just wanted the newbies to see that the program works. I know each of us does as our coaches say and add things here and there. So as long as my coach says it is allowed (FOR ME) I consider that me being on plan 100%. At one time there were a lot saying they cheated and gained or still lost, I just wanted the newbies to see that IF you still to the program it works.

As far as me saying this thread isn't for me, let me explain what I meant. Y'all are way ahead of me and at the end of your journey as far as reaching your goal. I am in the middle, middle. Y'all are in the middle of phasing off and getting to maintenance. I am no longer a newbie but I am not yet experienced to talk about the other phases. I still have 98lbs to go before that comes for me to worry about. Y'all will all be long in maintenance before I even reach my goal. I am probably the one if not the ONLY one that has to lose close to 200lbs so I guess I am kinda a loner cuz I will be on the program longer than anyone meaning in phase one.

As far as answering the questions over and over, I don't mind. Helping someone else is helping me. I have the time and I don't mind doing it. If I can find something quicker for someone, I don't mind helping or if I know the exact area for it to be found I will point it out.

This is going to be a long journey for me, Some people may say I am over stepping by answering to so many of the threads but this is who I am. I like helping others. I am sorry if I offended anyone because that is not what any of my post have wanted to do. I consider each and everyone of you a friend that has helped me through my journey in one way or the other. Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to set the record straight...thanks..Lisa
I am sorry Lisa I didn't mean to be mean and it isn't really about you honestly... I am glad you answer the endless questions and am thankful you do and you don't bite peoples heads off. cause after a while I feel like doing that. Yes you have a long way to go but you may want to hang with us once and a while. I promise to behave myself. You are really an inspiration and this is (me being mean again) this week you are going to lose again and have lost more than me again... I mean really do you know what it took for me to lose 3 lbs to get ahead of you again? man .

Now about the 100% thread, I was just explaining why I never put my story on there as about the time that you opened it was the time I was having my stall and feeling crummie and all that I was reading day after day is I cheated and... and I think I just got so frustrated I had a cookie... yep me... the one that kept telling everyone how could you cheat? and here I was a hipocrate(spelling??) and I don't know if I am successful yet? my story isn't over and probably won't ever be over but ... I just couldn't put something there as other than the cookie and peanut butter I have been 100% OP.. and the thing that really rubbed me wrong is I told my coach I cheated and she didn't really say anything but she did tell me she was at another client's place and that lady really wanted to cheat ( with yogurt) and she told her it was okay... so that was more what my rant was about the 100% op thing. I guess I was just trying to justify my cheat. Either way I don't think it helped my weight loss but I don't think it could have slowed it down any more.
The problem with written words is you can't put the nuances that we do with our voices..

No excuses, I apologize for my Rant, that is the only thing I can say is I am sorry my post hurt you, not really my intentions.. just a little frustrated.

I miss the old daily thread where we all got to know about each other and we talked about stuff other than the diet and answering questions. It just frustrates me that some are still saying they can't find the stickies. Really! have you read the first post each day? I know at one point I had stopped reading the daily after someone had said they didn't want to hear anymore about peoples dogs... so we all will learn.

Have a good night.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:26 AM   #84  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I will hang out in here every now and then do you really think I won't come check on y'all?? yea right...haha....No need for apologies, I was just explaining why I started the threads and what my intentions were when I did them. You have done an outstanding job on your weight loss, I am losing like I am losing because I have almost 200lbs to lose, not that your 100lbs means nothing because it does! My losses will slow down eventually and I will be prepared for that when it happens from watching all of you go through it. Its all water under the bridge now so its all good Time to keep moving forward!!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:09 AM   #85  

Height: 5'7'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Hey gals (and guys?), just spent the last hour reading through this thread and does it ever pertain to me. I started a separate thread because I am really struggling with deciding when to phase off. I am very close to goal and feeling so good. I am also a slow loser and although my official WI isn't until tomorrow, I know it is going to be a slow week. So now I am really thinking should I switch to P2 to see if it helps get me a little closer to goal, or just start phasing off in general.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Jenny - I switched to Ph 2 in September and have still consistently lost. My first week on Ph 2 was a low lost and after that first week it's been 1-4 lb losses each week. I don't mind a 1lb loss - to me that's not a bad thing since a loss is a loss. I like the flexibility of Ph 2. I still do Ph 1 days when I'm super busy and can't find 'real' protein.

I really like this thread. I am thinking of losing another 10ish lbs and then phasing off. So many of you are THIN now moving into Ph 3. Congrats to all of you!

My goal is to fit in a comfortable size 12 which isn't thin (I am 5'7") for my height but it's a good size for me to maintain. I have never been smaller than that - ever - am I'm too scared to get too small and not be able to maintain it.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:10 AM   #86  

Height: 5'7'

[QUOTE=stolaf;4085195].

Jenny - I switched to Ph 2 in September and have still consistently lost. My first week on Ph 2 was a low loss. After that first week it's been 1-4 lb losses each week. I don't mind a 1lb loss - to me that's not a bad thing since a loss is a loss. I like the flexibility of Phase 2. I still do Ph 1 days when I'm super busy and can't find 'real' protein.

I really like this thread. I am thinking of losing another 10ish lbs and then phasing off. So many of you are THIN now moving into Ph 3. Congrats to all of you!

My goal is to fit in a comfortable size 12 which isn't thin (I am 5'7") for my height but it's a good size for me to maintain. I have never been smaller than that - ever - am I'm too scared to get too small and not be able to maintain it.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:09 AM   #87  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I miss the old daily thread where we all got to know about each other and we talked about stuff other than the diet and answering questions. It just frustrates me that some are still saying they can't find the stickies. Really! have you read the first post each day? I know at one point I had stopped reading the daily after someone had said they didn't want to hear anymore about peoples dogs... so we all will learn.

Have a good night.
Ha ha! You said exactly what I was thinking the other day. "Really? Do you ever read the first post of the daily thread? I know everyone is busy, but does it really take that long?"

When I used to start the daily thread, I went to so much time/effort to redesign it so that it was easy to read. I think it's easier now than it used to be.

I miss the old daily thread too. And I love hearing about your dogs...
Old 10-26-2011, 07:39 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post

Jenny - I switched to Ph 2 in September and have still consistently lost. My first week on Ph 2 was a low lost and after that first week it's been 1-4 lb losses each week. I don't mind a 1lb loss - to me that's not a bad thing since a loss is a loss. I like the flexibility of Ph 2. I still do Ph 1 days when I'm super busy and can't find 'real' protein.

Thanks! I am getting ready to head out the door for my WI and will talk to my coach again. I think I might do 1 more week of P1 (that was her original suggestion) and then switch to P2, even if it means being there for a few weeks.

See, I feel the same way you do about the size. A long time ago when I was very heavy, I always thought, I just want to get into a size 8 (single digits and all that). Now will IP, I blew through 8's in about a month. I am now wearing 6's and some 4's and I have NEVER BEEN THIS SMALL! I am happy with where I am at size wise, and happy with my new, smaller body. But I would like to see a little bit of a smaller # on the scale because I would like a little bit of leeway when I start phasing off.

As you can see, I am definitely struggling with the mental aspect of the dreaded "last 10 pounds" It is time to run off to WI, even though I officially count what I see on my scale because WI naked

I will certainly keep you posted on what I end up deciding
Old 10-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #89  

Good morning! Guess who saw a new number on the scale this morning? Yep, 157. Maybe I CAN reach the 156s by weigh in tomorrow. (I just hope it doesn't go the opposite way since sometimes it does that to me...being an everyday weigher.)

I decided against the chicken at lunch because we have parent teacher conferences tonight and my husband has practice with his band so they decided to order pizza and I will need the chicken then. It will be my first week in months not having 3 fried eggs the night before a weigh in.

2ride.....You don't think switching it up and doing a day in phase 2 here and there would help at all? My chiro had mentioned starting with weekends would be a great idea so I never thought I had to go a full week at a time.

As I was showering this morning I had several thoughts running through my crazy little head. One was, at 157 you are 12 pounds from goal. There is NO WAY you are getting rid of this fat in 12 pounds. I think I will lower my goal by 5 to start but not yet. I'm just leaving it in the back of my mind. I want to see what the 12 pounds does, or close to it, and then reevaluate. I'm not sure in my eyes I will ever be happy so I need to just see how my clothes fit and where I'm at when I get there. I know it's very common to take off more towards the end, even if it is slow going, because you pull this goal weight out of the sky on day 1.

Good luck today Sandy and whoever else weighs in. Can't wait to celebrate all the great losses!

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 10-26-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Thanks! I am getting ready to head out the door for my WI and will talk to my coach again. I think I might do 1 more week of P1 (that was her original suggestion) and then switch to P2, even if it means being there for a few weeks.

See, I feel the same way you do about the size. A long time ago when I was very heavy, I always thought, I just want to get into a size 8 (single digits and all that). Now will IP, I blew through 8's in about a month. I am now wearing 6's and some 4's and I have NEVER BEEN THIS SMALL! I am happy with where I am at size wise, and happy with my new, smaller body. But I would like to see a little bit of a smaller # on the scale because I would like a little bit of leeway when I start phasing off.

As you can see, I am definitely struggling with the mental aspect of the dreaded "last 10 pounds" It is time to run off to WI, even though I officially count what I see on my scale because WI naked

I will certainly keep you posted on what I end up deciding
Good luck at weigh in! I go in 40 min. and I am afraid the scale is UP a pound from yesterday. sigh....it might be the same weight. Why do I always have the big C on weigh in day. I tried the salt in water trick, hope it works before I go! heehhee
Closed Thread