Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 01:22 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Weekend Chat Saturday 10/22-Sunday 10/23

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 10-22-2011, 06:43 AM   #2  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Good morning folks! After 4-1/2 months of following the IP protocol and many, many, many physical and mental distractions, I have now lost 50-1/2 pounds.....a number on the scale I haven't seen since the early 90's. I am a totally new woman.

Words of experience to all.......Learn the program and follow it......you cheat you are only hurting yourself and slowing down your progress (not to mention wasting your money). Stay the course knowing your body will do EXACTLY what it wants to do when it wants to do it...you cannot force or will anything to happen. Eat good food and love your body beacuse it's going to love you back! Move your body.....exercise is crucial to shaping your body and it will be for maintaining your weight. Happily live your life...that is the reason we are all here.

Beat wishes to all and Geaux Tigers!!!!

Toodles....CAT
Old 10-22-2011, 07:46 AM   #3  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Good morning folks! After 4-1/2 months of following the IP protocol and many, many, many physical and mental distractions, I have now lost 50-1/2 pounds.....a number on the scale I haven't seen since the early 90's. I am a totally new woman.

Words of experience to all.......Learn the program and follow it......you cheat you are only hurting yourself and slowing down your progress (not to mention wasting your money). Stay the course knowing your body will do EXACTLY what it wants to do when it wants to do it...you cannot force or will anything to happen. Eat good food and love your body beacuse it's going to love you back! Move your body.....exercise is crucial to shaping your body and it will be for maintaining your weight. Happily live your life...that is the reason we are all here.

Beat wishes to all and Geaux Tigers!!!!

Toodles....CAT
CAT..What great advice. So true. You are a new woman with your 50 pounds lost! Congratulations. Thanks so much for posting such a positive inspirational piece. I feel energetic reading it!
Old 10-22-2011, 07:49 AM   #4  
Member on a mission!

S/C/G: 165/145/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Good morning folks! After 4-1/2 months of following the IP protocol and many, many, many physical and mental distractions, I have now lost 50-1/2 pounds.....a number on the scale I haven't seen since the early 90's.

Toodles....CAT
That is amazing! You must feel so great, what an achievement. I am hoping to be as dedicated to my weight loss adventure. You are an inspiration!
Old 10-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #5  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone..Today is a busy errand day. I need to find a Halloween costume for next week. This should be fun.

Sandy..It was the big picture posted on the board that was returned to me. Aren't you glad we have new ones?

Have a great IP day everyone.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #6  

Thanks CAt for the advice and congrats on losing your 50 pounds! I needed to hear that I was wasting my money and my time if I cheat. I have been overeating on Pure Protein bars and I am only ten pounds from goal!!
Old 10-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Cat,

That is awesome! I am still plugging away @ 4 months in and have lost 31 lbs. I feel like I am close to a burnout, but haven't made any decisions yet.

Off to craft with girlfriends, one of my favorite things to do I will check in with all my IP peeps later. Have a great day
Old 10-22-2011, 09:22 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Cat,

That is awesome! I am still plugging away @ 4 months in and have lost 31 lbs. I feel like I am close to a burnout, but haven't made any decisions yet.

Off to craft with girlfriends, one of my favorite things to do I will check in with all my IP peeps later. Have a great day
Bella, you and I are so much alike!! I feel just like you about what I should be doing IP wise, should I go on my own and just lose the last ten pounds slowly or keep putting the money into IP?

I also love crafting and have a girlfriend coming over today to craft with me. Last night I made a mixed media technique tag that was really fun. What are you doing craftwise today? One think I love about crafting is that it keeps me from eating!! Everyone needs a hobby that they do with their hands.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:30 AM   #9  

Just read this quiz on the MSN home page from Men's Health magazine. Here is the answer for question 5 about low carb diets. It kind of validates why I am doing IP.

"Low-carb diets work well mostly because you consume...
A. Fewer calories
B. Less junk food
C. Lots of protein
D. All of the above

Answer #5: D
Low-carb eaters tend to automatically eat less than low-fat eaters without feeling as hungry. Why? One major factor is all the protein in the low-carb diet. Protein promotes greater satiety, so you consume fewer total calories. Plus, protein helps maintain your lean muscle while you're dieting, and that gives you a small but distinct metabolic advantage. Protein also has a higher "thermic effect" than fat or carbs have—your body burns more calories to metabolize it. What's more, the diet naturally eliminates many of the "hedonic" foods—the high-sugar treats that are hard to stop eating and that often lead to calorie overload.

Your Takeaway
To fight fat with protein, use this fast formula to calculate daily calories.

Daily Calorie Target = Target weight in lb × (average weekly training hours + 9.5)

Protein Needs = 1 gram per pound of target body weight

Fat Needs = 1/2 gram per pound of target body weight "
Old 10-22-2011, 09:31 AM   #10  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Good Morning everyone!

Feeling good today adn really noticing that my jeans are getting roomy. I am down to about 3 pairs that I can actually wear to work or out of the house-which is a good thing although need to hit the cosignment shop soon and very things on.

Went on my first real walk last night with my hubby since starting IP. I was a little concerned if it would cause me to gain or not, but luckily down more on my daily check. I don't think I will have a super big week since I lost 4.4 last time (total of 16.2 in 3 weeks), but I would be o.k. with 2# (well, any really but 2 is a nice number).

Really hit me last night how much of a stress eater I am. Having lots of difficulty with our older truck and looking at new vehicles, then just a few little other "incidents" no big deal really but stressful to me. Man was I hungry, but resisted!

Gotta run to look at vehicles!
Old 10-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Congratulations Cat on your weight loss. You must feel amazing! And very wise words you have shared with us too.

Busy weekend here, and it's another warm day here in Austin in the high 80's. Not complaining as I'm not a cold weather person, or at least not ready to put my summer clothes away yet. However those summer clothes are all starting to get pretty loose on me. I figure by the time they really start to get too big to wear the weather will be changing anyway.

I was starting to wonder today who will be the first person to notice I have lost weight? Outside of my immediate family and my mom, know one else knows. I've now lost 23 pounds since last month, but I'm guessing I need to loose about another 10 pounds for it to start becoming noticeable to others.

Have a nice IP Saturday everyone.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:04 AM   #12  
IP Start Date 9/21/11

S/C/G: 214/212/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone!

I've been on IP for four weeks now. I love this program and the support you all have unknowingly given to me. I’ve learned a lot from reading your post.

I just have one question… TOM is weird, I think it will never end, I’m on day 9! Has anyone else had this problem?

W1 -10 W2 -3 W3 -4 W4 -3
Old 10-22-2011, 10:12 AM   #13  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Hope everyone is having a great Saturday. We are getting ready to take the kids to the Pumpkin Farm. This farm is the real deal, where the kids will get to cut their pumpkins right off the vine. There will be hay rides, a corn maze, horse show, and an old west show, all on a real working farm. I can't wait!

I started IP again on Monday, after 3 weeks off. When I started IP I told my coach I had a vacation planned, and she helped me phase off before I left. Now that we are home, and seeing how much we spent, I have decided to continue on IP using alternative products. I need to save $$! I gained 4.5 lbs during my time off. I am down 4 lbs in my 5 days since starting back OP. I am so glad it is coming off so quickly. And TOM is due to arrive today or tomorrow. I guess my weight gain was largely water retention from my indulging in alcohol during my trip. Any way, I am glad to be back, and plan to be at goal by mid-December.

I really missed these forums while I was gone! Have a great weekend everyone
Old 10-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #14  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiego View Post
Hi Everyone!

I've been on IP for four weeks now. I love this program and the support you all have unknowingly given to me. I’ve learned a lot from reading your post.

I just have one question… TOM is weird, I think it will never end, I’m on day 9! Has anyone else had this problem?

W1 -10 W2 -3 W3 -4 W4 -3
That happened to me the first TOM on IP. Now TOM is kinda all over the place. I never know when he will arrive, and I hate surprise visitors! I think its due to the release of some hormones while on IP, or in ketosis. I'm sure someone who actually knows what they are talking about will chime in! Meanwhile, I am so glad you love the program! I do too, best plan I have ever done. Happy Saturday!
Old 10-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #15  
Aspiring Goddess

S/C/G: 176/139/120

Height: 5'2

Happy Saturday! The weekend is always the most challenging part of my week. We usually eat out and my hubby indulges, while I watch and eat my veggies. I went shopping for some new work clothes yesterday and was totally surprised the first two sizes I tried on didn't fit! NSV! I've never worn a size this small in my adult life (honestly, as long as I can remember back to junior high!)

I hope everyone has an awesome, OP weekend!
Closed Thread