3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   The Maintainers, vol 2. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/245641-maintainers-vol-2-a.html)

Pxlkitty4 10-28-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolberger (Post 4087982)
Pxlkitty,

I have been doing 3 - 4 reformer classes per week now for months and it makes a huge difference. I look forward to my classes. They are my mental and physical health breaks. I really do have muscle definition for the first time in my life. Enjoy!

I caught a glipse of my calf in the mirror today and could barely believe that it was MY leg... My upper abs have caused me nothing but grief lately, as I fit into a size 4 or 6 pants but I've always got the little muffin top. When that started shrinking a few weeks ago, I got really excited. Now I can tell that I'm doing the right exercises, I just have to stick with it. I've never been this excited about exercise. I love the accountability of knowing that someone is expecting me. I love that someone just tells me what to do and I do it and see results. No thinking!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 10-28-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 (Post 4087992)
I caught a glipse of my calf in the mirror today and could barely believe that it was MY leg... My upper abs have caused me nothing but grief lately, as I fit into a size 4 or 6 pants but I've always got the little muffin top. When that started shrinking a few weeks ago, I got really excited. Now I can tell that I'm doing the right exercises, I just have to stick with it. I've never been this excited about exercise. I love the accountability of knowing that someone is expecting me. I love that someone just tells me what to do and I do it and see results. No thinking!

sounds like you are doing great, that is the kind of exercise I like, not having to think... I have tried to find some pilates classes near me and I can't find any. am going to do it at home with dvd and see if that helps. also looking at a 24 hour gym tonight on the way home... hopefully they have equipment that I can tone up with... have a great weekend.

Linden 10-28-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolberger (Post 4087628)
I will most definitely think of you. I'll kiss the ground if you want me to!

Nah, just have a wonderful time and get some pink Hawai'ian sea salt. You won't regret it.

capricious 10-28-2011 11:26 PM

pxlkitty & woolberger- had to smile when reading your posts about gaining ab definition... pxlkitty I've had the same problem with the pooch... the hips want to be in a smaller size than the waist (that's a first! usually it was always the opposite) and it's hard to find pants that stay up and don't give me the dreaded muffin top... but I too, have been very happy with the results I've seen through exercise over the past month and a bit since we began the challenge- I can actually see my upper abdominals- now if I can only get the lower ones to fall in line...
maile- I just tried the crispy cereal pancakes for the first time last week when I was having a Phase 1 day. Can't believe I never made those while I was on program.. I robbed myself! They were sooo good... but off you go to the land of wonderful breakfasts that do not come from a silver packet (dh calls it my space food)... and try not too worry too much- it really does work out
2ride- have you thought about joining the Running Room at all? They have a really good Learn to Run program that takes you from walking to running 20 minutes over the course of 8 weeks. It really eases you into it- you can do just the one 'class' run with them per week but also opt in to do the regular Wed night/ Sun morning 'runs' (some walk, some run). Thought maybe this might be something you'd be interested in... it's also quite social which can make exercise seem a lot more like fun, a lot less like work... don't know if you have a Running Room by you or not though...
wildflower- it's good to hear from you!

Maile 10-29-2011 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 (Post 4087975)
Drive by posting. I have to sit down and read everything later... I have successfully commited myself to 3 pilates classes each week:Tuesday at 6am, Friday morning at 7:30am (30 mins abs), and Sunday at 11am.

I am going to be in amazing shape!! I am so excited. I am getting stronger, my last little bit of ab flab is going away, my bat wings are shrinking, and I HAVE TRICEPS!! I am doing reformer classes, since I think it's better in general and makes you have more discipline when you are doing the exercises. I was breathing in this morning and I can already tell that the second class per week is really helping.

I've been doing private lesosns once per week for about 3 months now. I decided that it's time to UP the frequency now that I am used to the exercises and strong enough to do it more frequently.

Capricious - haven't decided on cheat day yet, although I am leaning towards tomorrow (Saturday). I will let you know what I decide.

PxlKitty..What are reformer classes? They don't offer them at my gym. I am thinking of going to a trainer also. I need to get this stomach of mine flatter.
I am trying to figure out if the my stomach is due to lack of exercise even though I exercise everyday and do weights twice a week..or should I lose more to get it flatter?..Or would a trainer help me with exercises that would work?
I am encouraged to see that your exercise is working!

Maile 10-29-2011 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capricious (Post 4088663)
pxlkitty & woolberger- had to smile when reading your posts about gaining ab definition... pxlkitty I've had the same problem with the pooch... the hips want to be in a smaller size than the waist (that's a first! usually it was always the opposite) and it's hard to find pants that stay up and don't give me the dreaded muffin top... but I too, have been very happy with the results I've seen through exercise over the past month and a bit since we began the challenge- I can actually see my upper abdominals- now if I can only get the lower ones to fall in line...
maile- I just tried the crispy cereal pancakes for the first time last week when I was having a Phase 1 day. Can't believe I never made those while I was on program.. I robbed myself! They were sooo good... but off you go to the land of wonderful breakfasts that do not come from a silver packet (dh calls it my space food)... and try not too worry too much- it really does work out
2ride- have you thought about joining the Running Room at all? They have a really good Learn to Run program that takes you from walking to running 20 minutes over the course of 8 weeks. It really eases you into it- you can do just the one 'class' run with them per week but also opt in to do the regular Wed night/ Sun morning 'runs' (some walk, some run). Thought maybe this might be something you'd be interested in... it's also quite social which can make exercise seem a lot more like fun, a lot less like work... don't know if you have a Running Room by you or not though...
wildflower- it's good to hear from you!

Yes, those pancakes are good. I lived on them for many months. However, I am substituting them with Big Valley Train low carb pancakes. I found I like the thick Chobani greek yogurt. There can be life without packets!!! My husband is excited to see me eating regular food.
I am happy to hear that your exercise program is working. I do the nautilus and see muscle definition growing..Both my upper and lower abs need work!

Maile 10-29-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST (Post 4087906)
I am lucky we have a place called "The Grocery People" and they have quite a selection of syrups... I have about 5 bottles on the go right now... Black Cherry (good with choc pudding shakes), Dolce, Eggnog, Peanut Butter (I mix this with the WF peanut butter better flavor), Peach, Irish Cream, and cinnamon... wait that is more than 5..so 6 as I finished off the cinnamon today. I make chai tea and and the eggnog and the cinnamon... oh so good. and if anyone had the Starbucks cinnamon dolce latte... my fave, I have that as well...

Yes my cats don't make it around the block but are sitting on my doorstep when I get back from the walk... Now that they are older they are not as adventurous... they use to always follow us for our whole walk until the magpies and crows started dive bombing them.

Congrats on the breakfasts, I can taste my peanut butter toast already... but if I continue to lose I will be in phase 2 for a while more... will see what monday brings.

Have a great weekend all. I think I will be helping a friend house hunt. I think she got an offer on her condo yesterday and the move out time is like the beginning of Nov or mid Nov so she doesn't have a lot of time... and they were saying the bad "S" word today for tomorrow... as it will be down to -5c overnight... yuck. really have to look for winter coats this weekend too.:(

Thanks for those ideas on the syrups..I particularly like the idea of adding Pb to the WF Pb..plus trying the cinnamon. I am waiting patiently for my order to arrive with my eggnog to try it with chai tea.

I am very glad Phase 2 is working for you and that you are losing! This is excellent news!!!! Maybe those little dogs getting you up is helping!

Good luck helpingyour friend with her move. We have frost warnings now for the grape crops here. It is cold!

Maile 10-29-2011 08:11 AM

Here is my inspiration for the morning..I am going to "infuse" my berries with SF pumpkin spice syrup..then put that on my yogurt. Unfortunately my order has not arrived..but I am waiting.

Pxlkitty4 10-29-2011 08:37 AM

I'm going for it and making today my cheat day. I had people over last night for a cookie decorating party for Halloween. I ran around from 4pm - 10pm, and didn't eat a single cookie. I did make one for me to have today, though, and it's got my name on it!! (not literally).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4088830)
PxlKitty..What are reformer classes? They don't offer them at my gym. I am thinking of going to a trainer also. I need to get this stomach of mine flatter.
I am trying to figure out if the my stomach is due to lack of exercise even though I exercise everyday and do weights twice a week..or should I lose more to get it flatter?..Or would a trainer help me with exercises that would work?
I am encouraged to see that your exercise is working!

Google "pilates reformer" to see what the machine looks like. They are expensive and big. My gym offers pilates group classes that use the machine. Pilates is a type of exercise that focuses on "the core". I really like that it emphasizes the right back positioning while doing exercises. I find that my back always hurts after yoga, and partly I think that is because the poses do not advocate the slight space in your lower back when doing exercises.

As for working with a trainer, I've rarely been thrilled with the results from a personal trainer, so I can't speak from experience. Maybe work with one once or twice and see what they recommend for toning your abs? See if you like what they recommend?

My goal is to work out doing pilates three times per week until December. If I still have trouble spots, I will go back on phase 1 for a few weeks and lose more fat. It's so weird to be thinking of how to lose 5 lbs and tone up a few trouble spots rather than thinking "I need to lose 60 lbs!"...

Pauley 10-29-2011 10:10 AM

Good Morning everyone! I am excited to have my "free" day today. Actually just a free meal out at a fancy restaurant with DH tonight. I'm going to go easy on the chow all day in preparation, and take off on a 5.5 mile run as soon as it gets light out.

I think the exercise is helping too - wish I could join a gym and really do it right, but time constraints of full time job, commute and caring for a toddler are not allowing me that luxury at this time. Perhaps in a few years when she could come to the Y with me. I think the hand weights I've been doing at home are really helping the bat wings though, and the running has firmed up my legs pretty well. The muffin top is BAD though! I wish I could do that pilates machine.

BCGirl 10-29-2011 02:19 PM

I agree with you all - I love the syrups! I have a whole shelf with pumps - 13 flavors to "mix it up" - I placed a big order because I was picking them up in the states. I can't figure what to use some of them with (English Toffee, Cookie Dough, Coconut). I don't drink coffee, so that's not on the agenda.

I use "Peppermint Paddy" in my chocolate drink (with 2 handfuls of spinach blended in) and use a few squirts of banana in my breakfast.

Here is the breakfast I've had since starting Phase 3:

3/4 cup Kashi GoLean Crunch
3/4 cup Liberte 0% Greek yogurt (with 2 pumps of some DaVinci - usually banana)
1 cup frozen blueberries thawed

I haven't added fat (was turkey bacon) to my breakfast since moving to phase 4 - is that okay? (I'm eating more fat with lunch).

Would the breakfast above be an okay dinner in a pinch? I'm not sure if cereal would be a "slow carb" but it has limited fat.

I am planning to go to a movie tonight for my "free day" - the only thing I've craved the entire time on the plan was movie theatre popcorn (does it get any worse than that???) :). I know I should probably wait longer, but I feel ready.

Thanks again to all of you - seems less lonely to be doing this with all of you!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 10-29-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capricious;4088663)
B]2ride[/B]- have you thought about joining the Running Room at all? They have a really good Learn to Run program that takes you from walking to running 20 minutes over the course of 8 weeks. It really eases you into it- you can do just the one 'class' run with them per week but also opt in to do the regular Wed night/ Sun morning 'runs' (some walk, some run). Thought maybe this might be something you'd be interested in... it's also quite social which can make exercise seem a lot more like fun, a lot less like work... don't know if you have a Running Room by you or not though...

I use to run with the running room, now it is just a matter of money and time. I always put my dogs first as they are in the house for about 11 hours while I am at work... I leave at 6 am and get home after 5. then 2 days a week I also have classes so most of the time it is a run to the offleash park with the dogs and the home quick for supper than either go to classes or veg... so I thought I would start with the dvds my friend sent me.
I didn't really enjoy running when I was running with the running room but I missed it when I didn't do it. As soon as I can get my pennies together I am going to buy a new pair of runners and run again. I would like to be able to run with one of my dogs but she pulls and the other is too old to run long. so just hanging with them is great.

Off to take the furry ones for another walk...

BCGirl 10-30-2011 01:33 AM

First "fun" day - movie date night with hubby. Too much popcorn = rumbly tummy. Kind of kills date night :).

Maile 10-30-2011 09:45 AM

BCgirl..Hope you enjoyed that popcorn! Your breakfast is similar to mine on Phase 3 except I am adding a fat. Since I have not studied Phase 4 I don"t know about moving the breakfast to dinner or about the fats. I am curious as to why on Phase 4 you separate the fats from the carbs, yet on Phase 3 we are supposed to have a fat with the carb. Have you tried the syrups with tea?

2Ridearollercaoster. That running program sounds interesting, We don't have one. However, I have changed my eliptical from walking to jogging stride. I am thinking I may be able to run and might experiment..if it is not snowing!
I did buy snow tracks to put over my shoes so I can move on the ice!

Pauley..Have fun on your night out!! You sound busy, but that is great that you are running 5. 5 miles. I have been doing handweights at home for the same reason.

PixleKitty..The cookie decorating party sounded fun!!! Enjoy your treat. I love Halloween in all aspects. Spent Friday night at a Halloween carnival. It was great to see all of the costumes on parents and kids.
Thanks for the info. We have Pilates at our gym, but have not heard of the machine. I have decided to do the same..workout and maintain for a few months..then see if I need to lose more weight. I did talk to two trainers at the gym yesterday. They may give me some new exercises to try. Interesting they both said it takes your body 2 years of maintenance to fully settle at your goal weight.

I found your Holiday Challenge on Fatsecret. Thanks for doing that!
I tried the low carb pita from Netrition. It was quite good.

Pauley 10-30-2011 11:16 AM

Date night was so awesome! Creamy seafood dip with WHITE bread, steak, wine and an oreo cookie partfait in a little shot glass. It doesn't get any better than that! I had the pleasant surprise this morning of finding one last IP crispy cereal in the pantry so I could have my favorite phase 1 breakfast on my recovery day.

One more great thing about date night - I had no dress to wear (the only one in the closet that fit required some sort of strapless bra that I have yet to purchase - I think I used to go without. Ha! that was before I had a kid) so I stopped by a local consignment shop and found a nice new one for $7.