3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

The Maintainers, vol 2.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2011, 12:42 AM   #61
Maintaining-March, 2011
 
woolberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 358

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Hey Capricious,

I am going to Hawaii next week. I haven't been to Hawaii in 22 years. Last time I went I was a beached whale (pregnant). I'm going to the Big Island. I've never been there. Vacationing with the FIL. Where are you going?
woolberger is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 03:48 AM   #62
Re-started IP 9.7.11
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 2,592

Height: 5' 4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
Hey Capricious,

I am going to Hawaii next week. I haven't been to Hawaii in 22 years. Last time I went I was a beached whale (pregnant). I'm going to the Big Island. I've never been there. Vacationing with the FIL. Where are you going?
When you're in Hilo, think of me, OK?

[N.b. The Big Island was just named the 7th most beautiful island in the world. And up to 20 million tons of debris from the Japanese tsunami is headed toward the Hawai'ian Islands. But you'll miss it. I hope you love the island as much as I do.]
__________________
Linden is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #63
Maile
 
Maile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NW
Posts: 1,502

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
I made a great Autumn maintenance dinner last night. I baked a sweet potato and topped it with crumbled Morningstar veggie sausage, WF pancake syrup and "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray. Reminded me of a dinner my Mom used to make using winter squash. It had 6.5 g of fat, 32 g of carbs and 22 g of protein. I'll definitely be making that again.
Woolberger..On how to make pumpkin lattes..Unfortunately Starbucks only carries a few sugar free syrups..not the pumpkin sugar free one. I am going to make my own at home.
I like the morning star sausages also..I use them for taco meat. Your recipe sounds perfect for fall.

How exciting that you are going to Hawaii next week. It is one of my favorite islands. The volcano is worth going to. How fun that you are going as a thin you. I am going to Hawaii in Dec. to visit my family.
__________________
Maintenance 3 years!

Last edited by Maile : 10-26-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Maile is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #64
Maile
 
Maile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NW
Posts: 1,502

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
I have to totally agree with you about the being disciplined during the week thing. It does make the cheat day all the sweeter and it really helps with keeping my focus. My cheat days tend to be pretty gung ho because I've spent all week wanting this or that and telling myself I can have it on my cheat day. Which I usually do. But hey, better one day a week than seven, right? Kept thinking on my last cheat day that more often than not, that would have been a pretty regular day for me a year ago. Yikes. I'm probably even better on my cheat days because at least I'm conscious to still order skim etc- saving calories where they don't really matter anyway... which I would not have done before. Very thankful to be 'awake' now and conscientious of how what I eat and drink affects me and my body...
I'm waffling a bit about joining you guys on the reboot. What you say about making this the first annual January reboot makes sense to me... but... my bday's in January and we're going away to Hawaii in February. There's about 4 weeks in between these dates. That would only leave enough time for one week each of Phase 1 & 2 then the proper 2 weeks of phase 3... can I still tag along? It's always more fun when everyone's in
Capricious: I often reflect on what I used to eat and how I have changed. This seems to hit particularly as we approach the holidays. It is nice to reflect on the good changes that have occurred. It seems like you are calm on your cheat days.
I am going to Hawaii also..but in Dec. Just hoping the planes are flying.
__________________
Maintenance 3 years!
Maile is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 07:58 AM   #65
Maile
 
Maile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NW
Posts: 1,502

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Default

Today is WI day and the day I tell my coach I am moving to Phase 3. I am ready!

PixlKitty..Thanks for the in depth posting on how to navigate FAt Secret..It is appreciated. I think I have a block against fats, yet I know they are needed. I am going to try the whipped butter.


For those of you that have a Cash and Carry Store nearby..I hear they sell SF syrups at 3.00 a bottle.
__________________
Maintenance 3 years!

Last edited by Maile : 10-26-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Maile is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #66
start IP Feb 8 2011
 
2RIDEROLLERCOAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,527

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Woolberger..On how to make pumpkin lattes..Unfortunately Starbucks only carries a few sugar free syrups..not the pumpkin sugar free one. I am going to make my own at home.
I like the morning star sausages also..I use them for taco meat. Your recipe sounds perfect for fall.

How exciting that you are going to Hawaii next week. It is one of my favorite islands. The volcano is worth going to. How fun that you are going as a thin you. I am going to Hawaii in Dec. to visit my family.
ah would be nice to have a cash and carry, my store only sells the big bottles and about $9.00 each.... but I found this online while I was in "training" last week... lots of good recipes and the pumpkin latte is one of them...
Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie Latte
INGREDIENTS
1 oz. Torani Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie syrup
8 nonfat oz. milk
2 shots espresso* INSTRUCTIONS
Steam milk and Torani together. Pour heated, flavored milk into a tall glass and add brewed espresso*. Spoon a thin layer of foamed milk over beverage. *If needed, 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee can be substituted for 2 shots espresso

http://shop.torani.com/
__________________
maintenance since Nov 15

progress pics updated Dec 8
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-new-post.html

Last edited by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST : 10-26-2011 at 10:05 AM. Reason: to add recipe...
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 11:12 AM   #67
start IP Feb 8 2011
 
2RIDEROLLERCOAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,527

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy cold still

Hi all, a question for you maintainers... when your pancreaus restarts do you get warm again? I am a little tired of being cold for 9 months... and winter is coming... It will be a horrible winter if I have to wear gloves at work.
__________________
maintenance since Nov 15

progress pics updated Dec 8
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-new-post.html
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
capricious's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 528

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Default

Joanne! You're in the 140's ?!??? How did I miss this momentous occasion- congrats! And it looks like your past 2 WI's have both been 3's? That's awesome- so very, very happy for you right now! I'm freezing my ***! off right now and like you, living where we do, I can't believe it's only autumn and winter is looming. I. am. going. to. be. an. icecube.
woolberger- I'll be going to maui in February. We go with my husband's family usually. Love, love, love it there because as I was just mentioning winter here is horrible and it is so nice to go somewhere there's flowers, sunshine, water and such a feeling of peace. The only bad part is coming back
The skinny pumpkin lattes I get are from Second Cup- which is Canada's version of Starbucks...
Maile- WELCOME TO THE LAND OF AWESOME BREAKFASTS!! I know you don't get much of a chance to enjoy them, as you mentioned you're short on time in the mornings, but the feeling of having yogurt, fruit and toast again is one to be cherished Heck, I've been on maintenance for two months and I still cherish getting up in the morning to a bowl of fruit & yogurt with granola... missed out on it this morning and I'm still feeling a bit ripped off- ahhh- tomorrow though, tomorrow is a few mere hours away...
And don't shy away from the fats, they are so helpful in the digestive process! They are not the enemy (at least not on their own anyway )...
Been a bit under the weather as a bad cold is passing thru my family and haven't been getting my exercise in- think I have to set a date with the dvd player & Jillian Michaels. Love it when you're about 5 minutes from the end and want to die a bit she's yelling "Don't you quit!!! You don't quit when you see the finish line do you??? No!!! That's when you put even more into getting there!!!!" . It's incredibly good timing and I love the analogy. Would really like to run a 5k this year...
capricious is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #69
start IP Feb 8 2011
 
2RIDEROLLERCOAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,527

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Joanne! You're in the 140's ?!??? How did I miss this momentous occasion- congrats! And it looks like your past 2 WI's have both been 3's? That's awesome- so very, very happy for you right now! I'm freezing my ***! off right now and like you, living where we do, I can't believe it's only autumn and winter is looming. I. am. going. to. be. an. icecube.
Yes I snuck it in monday after my weigh in... happy to be finally there, and hopefully will continue to lose as I think now instead of moving to phase 3 my coach will have me go to my goal in phase 2, which isn't bad but I was looking forward to breakfasts this week... so I have to wait a few more weeks... I have time, am not going anywhere.
As for cold, one of the ladies I work with and have known most of my life, is always cold and she is now happy that I am too... such a bag.. we were comparing how cold we were this morning at the -5c we know it is getting colder. I have to find new clothing for winter, thermal underwear, a new winter coat, gloves and hats as even my head gets cold now where as before I just covered my ears and I was fine. When I go for walks with the furry girls long sleeved shirt, 2 hoodies and a fall coat (and that is more than I wore all last winter) yikes.
__________________
maintenance since Nov 15

progress pics updated Dec 8
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-new-post.html
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 07:19 PM   #70
IP Maintaining
 
BCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 190

S/C/G: 163/132/139

Height: 5'7"

Default

Do any of you by chance have any low carb Greek salad dressing suggestions? I can't wait to have a Greek salad with feta Fri on my first phase 4 day
__________________
Started IP Aug 17, 2011 - lost 30 pounds and have been in maintenance since Oct 27, 2011 (using Matol products which are IP alternatives - followed stage 4 now calorie counting and exercising)

__________________________
BCGirl is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 09:28 PM   #71
Senior Member
 
capricious's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 528

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Default

BCgirl I use Renee's Spring Italian or Creamy Italian dressings on my greek salads- both are super yummy! Greek salad has always been a fave of mine too and has been a regular go to lunch... although... have had an absolutely fabulous warm spinach salad the past couple days that I'm so hooked on. Never tried wilting spinach before and after I tried it I could have kicked myself for not having had it before now in life. Have to admit spinach has never been a favorite but it sure is now.
1 T evoo
1 cup chopped peppers (red only or a mix)
1 garlic clove
1 tsp lemon juice
2-3 cups of spinach
20- 30 grams feta
Heat the oil in a large skillet add peppers over med/high heat 1 minute. Turn heat to medium saute another 3 minutes. Add garlic & lemon juice saute another 30 seconds to a minute add spinach keep sauteing until all the spinach has wilted. Remove from heat and stir in feta. Serve.
Seriously, it doesn't sound like much but this is ridiculously good especially when it's cold out and you're freezing...
2ride- I'm both happy and sad for you. Happy that you're weight loss seems to have restarted sad that means more Phase 2 but Phase 3 will be here before you know it. And once again your patience is astounding, keep up the great work!!
capricious is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 11:14 PM   #72
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Montana
Posts: 472

S/C/G: 185/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Default

I absolutely lovelovelove EMERALD cocoa roasted almonds for a snack- just enough to satisfy a chocolate and crunch craving if you buy them in the 100 calorie packs- yummy yummy- 4 carbs.
__________________
Determinedat47 is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 09:04 AM   #73
Senior Member
 
Pauley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sumner, WA
Posts: 288

S/C/G: 217/178/160

Height: 5'8"

Default

You guys are prompting me to search airfares for a spring break in Hawaiii! My favorite part of Maui in winter/spring is the humpback whales! And the heat. Definitely the heat!

I am not nearly as cold now that I'm eating more. Not as warm as last winter with my huge extra layer of fat, but warmer than I was all summer. Funny how carbs heat up the body.

I have a question. Lunch is supposed to be vegetables and meat, no carbs in Phase 4. Do the "restricted" vegetables from Phase 1 count as a carb? Can I only have beets and spaghetti squash for dinner, or do they now count as a normal vegetables?

Thank you for sharing the spinach recipe. That sounds so easy, it may be dinner tonight!
Pauley is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #74
IP Maintaining
 
BCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 190

S/C/G: 163/132/139

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
You guys are prompting me to search airfares for a spring break in Hawaiii! My favorite part of Maui in winter/spring is the humpback whales! And the heat. Definitely the heat!

I am not nearly as cold now that I'm eating more. Not as warm as last winter with my huge extra layer of fat, but warmer than I was all summer. Funny how carbs heat up the body.

I have a question. Lunch is supposed to be vegetables and meat, no carbs in Phase 4. Do the "restricted" vegetables from Phase 1 count as a carb? Can I only have beets and spaghetti squash for dinner, or do they now count as a normal vegetables?

Thank you for sharing the spinach recipe. That sounds so easy, it may be dinner tonight!
Good luck with vacation planning! We just booked 2.5 weeks in Costa Rica over Christmas so I have to get going on my workouts to be bikini ready

My understanding is that all vegetables are allowed in phase 4, including at lunch.
__________________
Started IP Aug 17, 2011 - lost 30 pounds and have been in maintenance since Oct 27, 2011 (using Matol products which are IP alternatives - followed stage 4 now calorie counting and exercising)

__________________________
BCGirl is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 09:21 AM   #75
IP Maintaining
 
BCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 190

S/C/G: 163/132/139

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
BCgirl I use Renee's Spring Italian or Creamy Italian dressings on my greek salads- both are super yummy! Greek salad has always been a fave of mine too and has been a regular go to lunch... although... have had an absolutely fabulous warm spinach salad the past couple days that I'm so hooked on. Never tried wilting spinach before and after I tried it I could have kicked myself for not having had it before now in life. Have to admit spinach has never been a favorite but it sure is now.
1 T evoo
1 cup chopped peppers (red only or a mix)
1 garlic clove
1 tsp lemon juice
2-3 cups of spinach
20- 30 grams feta
Heat the oil in a large skillet add peppers over med/high heat 1 minute. Turn heat to medium saute another 3 minutes. Add garlic & lemon juice saute another 30 seconds to a minute add spinach keep sauteing until all the spinach has wilted. Remove from heat and stir in feta. Serve.
Seriously, it doesn't sound like much but this is ridiculously good especially when it's cold out and you're freezing...
2ride- I'm both happy and sad for you. Happy that you're weight loss seems to have restarted sad that means more Phase 2 but Phase 3 will be here before you know it. And once again your patience is astounding, keep up the great work!!
I'm surprised to admit how good that spinach sounds - before IP I didn't eat nearly enough vegetables. I'll let you know when I try it.
__________________
Started IP Aug 17, 2011 - lost 30 pounds and have been in maintenance since Oct 27, 2011 (using Matol products which are IP alternatives - followed stage 4 now calorie counting and exercising)

__________________________
BCGirl is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Maintainers woolberger Ideal Protein Diet 513 10-21-2011 10:19 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:01 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2