Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #61  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

[QUOTE=foxnhound1;4075840]She has sand colic pretty bad. Had to take a night time run to the vet for IV's and laxative.

I, too, have had horses since I was very young. I had to have my old guy put down last year, he was 27. I'd had him since he was 3. I sure get attached to them.

This one should make it okay - she was pretty perky and willing to eat the laxative in the grain last night. Appetite is a good thing for her.

It's always a catch 22 - feed on the ground where they can sand colic or feed in bins where hay dust causes respiratory issues.

Thanks for asking.

You're welcome. I would send you a PM but I don't know if you can get them yet. For the rest of the daily chatters, I apologize for going so far off topic.

Can you feed her a daily supplement like sand-clear, available through Jeffer's for sure, probably other outlets as well. I've also heard of people using daily doses of metamucil to prevent sand colic, although I imagine that could get pricey for equine dosing. Do you feed outside or in a stall? Grain and hay? Or just hay? I found the hanging hay bins with the open metal bars (also available through Jeffer's), hung about withers level or a bit higher worked well in the stall. Not as dusty. Also, have hung the rope hay feeders from a large tree branch in the pasture. Just make sure neither feeder is low enough to get a hoof caught in it. Hope she is feeling better, sounds like she has a good appetite, so that's good. Several years ago, we had one put down that was in his 30's, not a single tooth left. It's very easy to get attached. I really miss my horses. My kids are into baseball and soccer and keep me away from the house so much. I was constantly getting my Dad to feed for me and I was never riding anymore. My horses were too young to be pasture puffs. I sold them both to the same home and the new owners are riding them and showing them. I feel good about it for the sake of the horses, but I sure do miss them.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:09 PM   #62  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I am going to steal this and repeat it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and .....you get the idea! (I also don't worry about calories but worrying over the scale only makes it move less so I must stop!)
ItsAbout...repeat after me, I DO NOT NEED THE SCALE< I DO NOT NEED THE SCALE it only goes SLOW IF I LOOK AT YOU....You know I am only picking on you right? but seriously stay away girl its stressing you out bigtime!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
nope not me but I do want to try that too... Thanks WUV for the black cherry I mix that with my dark chocolate pudding and it tastes like those chocolate covered cherry bars... yummm... will have to look for salted caramel next time.
Well I don't know who it was then...lol...That is what I do with the blackcherry too, I put it in my pudding and sometimes I make it into a shake and its yummy as well
Old 10-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default getting enough calories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
So last night i had my fondue beef as i used it to make submarine for everyone else. Anyways, its A LOT of it for 8oz (precooked) and might not have even been enough cause it was still a bit frozen when i measured it (not sure if its heavier when frozen or not). But later i was putting my stuff in myfitnesspal and saw that its only 100calories for 100g so i think i had about 225g (for 8oz) so its still only 225 calories and for my day, it only brought me up to 600 calories.

Is that ok or is there any chance to send my body in starvation mode (i usually average around 700)?

It was really delicious though and gave me a nice big plate. I had fried some mushrooms and a bit of red peppers (in my 2tsp oil) and I added a bit of the WF BBQ sauce.
I worry about not getting enough calories, because I'm using alternatives, but there are days when I eat 900-1,000 calories and days like yesterday when I had fewer than 600. I feel like it all balances out. I just follow the protocol as closely as possible, making sure I'm getting my veggies, protein and water.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
thanks Wuv! I am going to place an order today.... can't wait for some variety!
Mom, I bumped a thread we had about the syrups so you can see some of the favors
Old 10-18-2011, 02:19 PM   #65  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlhj View Post
Just wanted to post to JodiM....I read your post this morning from yesterdays thread about the cheat. DONT LET IT GET YOU DOWN!! You look SO GOOD on your pics and you are becoming a different person already. Don't look back, keep looking forward, it is a new you girl! I am, really, WE are all cheering for you!! Today is a new day...onward and think about all you have done already, not the one thing you didn't. GO GIRL
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
My coach said as long as it was sugarfree gum I could have it. I chew Extra peppermint, I have 1-2 slices a day.
Great because I am not a fan on cinnamon! Thanks!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #66  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

People always ask me about how many calories I am taking in, honestly no clue, I don't care.
I just tell them around 900, counting calories is kind of worthless on this diet, I just eat what I am supposed to.
Most days, like yesterday when I had chicken for my protein I think I only added like 300 calories to me normal packets, other days when I have steam and shrimp it's obviously more calories.
It just depends, but as long as you are eating your protein like you are supposed to the calories don't really matter.
Some people like the packets that have more calories than the ones I eat, since I have the same 3 packets everyday lol.

Don't lose sleep over it, we have so many other stresses in life, don't make this one more complicated that it has to be.
If you are using alternatives, just make sure the alternative foods you are using aren't real high in fat, sugar etc and don't sweat the calories as much.
As always just my opinion not fact.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #67  
Started IP Oct 11, 2011

S/C/G: 260/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Today was my first weigh in and I lost 11 lbs! Beyond thrilled! All of the cravings and headaches the first week were well worth it! Loving this program!!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 163/148.5/115

Height: 5'2"

I now have a new favorite treat. The pudding cakes are yummy using the blueberry pudding! I usually get my 8 oz of meat in be spreading it out over the course of the day and usually have one egg with breakfast (either in my omlete packet or a hard boiled egg. Today when I made the pudding cakes I added one whole egg instead of the two egg whites. the muffins were still not as puffed up as regular muffins but they didnt sink when they came out of the oven. I ate them slowly over the course of the morning (it made 5 muffins). Boy did I feel like I was cheating!! For me chewing something makes me feel a lot fuller than just drinking it (or spooning it out, pudding).
Old 10-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #69  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Here are the info.

Nutrition Facts
Selection Merit - Beef for Chinese Fondue
Servings: 100 g (14 slices)
Calories 110
Sodium 55 mg
Total Fat 2 g
Potassium 0 mg
Thanks for the clarification. I guess I've never seen beef that doesn't have potassium (the tri-tip, for instance, has 749 mg) or one quite that lean. Does it have a name?
Old 10-18-2011, 03:29 PM   #70  
IP Start Date Oct. 15/11

S/C/G: 270.3 / 189.8 / 160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmon1118 View Post
Today was my first weigh in and I lost 11 lbs! Beyond thrilled! All of the cravings and headaches the first week were well worth it! Loving this program!!
11lbs!! Wow Congratulations!!
Old 10-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #71  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Well I usually never post my WI's on the daily thread, but since I have been posting on it a lot more often I thought I should.
WI 15 down, another 4 pounds... they are still messing with my protein intake and splitting it up because I am "doing too much working out." Mostly because I was going 10 hours between lunch and dinner is the big one.
So hopefully this will help balance out the lean mass.
Still holding a -4.3 a week average, even with my 2 lower weeks.

So it can be done everyone, stay positive, stay focused and stay OP.
I have had 2 crappy weeks from **** and am staying with it, just remember this is a life decision, make it for yourself and keep looking down the tunnel for the light.

You do your part and myself and the rest of us will be here to support you
Old 10-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #72  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Default Weigh-in #3

Just got home from my 3rd weigh-in and so excited to change my ticker and share with all of you. I lost 4.4 pounds this week and a total of 16.2 in 3 weeks! I am very excited!

I got more crispy rice cereal to make the pancakes that I tried on Saturday. I enjoyed them and was getting a bit burned out on the herb omelettes. I made sure to ask my Coach about egg whites and she said they are fine to use like that but just not to count them against my evening protein amounts.

She also just got home from the Vegas conference along with our medical director of the clinic. She said it was really good, she learned alot but they did not introduce any new products (I kinda thought they might reveal some new ones).
Old 10-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I guess I've never seen beef that doesn't have potassium (the tri-tip, for instance, has 749 mg) or one quite that lean. Does it have a name?
Its just beef to make chinese fondue so its paper thin.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
Just got home from my 3rd weigh-in and so excited to change my ticker and share with all of you. I lost 4.4 pounds this week and a total of 16.2 in 3 weeks! I am very excited!

I got more crispy rice cereal to make the pancakes that I tried on Saturday. I enjoyed them and was getting a bit burned out on the herb omelettes. I made sure to ask my Coach about egg whites and she said they are fine to use like that but just not to count them against my evening protein amounts.

She also just got home from the Vegas conference along with our medical director of the clinic. She said it was really good, she learned alot but they did not introduce any new products (I kinda thought they might reveal some new ones).
Awesome job on the WI, I read on FB that they are coming out with like 10 different new foods but they didn't list any of course. So its something to look forward too that is for sure!
Old 10-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #75  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
thanks Wuv! I am going to place an order today.... can't wait for some variety!
Can I ask what website your are ordering from? I'd love to order some as well as our local grocery store only carries 2 flavors.
Closed Thread