Old 10-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #16  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

How did you come up with your goal weight?
I came up with this number because this is what I was my sophomore year of HS... I feel that I had the most confidence...
Do you have a particular date in mind to reach it by?
I don't have a set date... I would love to be-able to celebrate my birthday, which is in January. But if I am not there. then it will just have to wait for another day!
Do you have any mini goals?
I dont consider them as mini goals... I would just like to get off 10lbs each month!!
Who is your biggest supporter?
My mother for sure... she is doing WW and has lost just about 60 as well... So when we get to where we want she said that we will celebrate with each other!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:28 PM   #17  

Default Goals

Hi All,
Here are my respones:

-My goal weight is about 168, which is a healthy BMI for my height of 5'9". However, if my bodyfat percentage is in a healthy range and I weigh more than 168, I will consider the goal achieved because I actually have really strong and muscular legs (I walked everywhere for the first 30 years of my life, miles at a time). Likewise, if I am at 168 and my body fat percentage is still unhealthy, I will push on until the percentage is right.

-I would love to be done by my birthday in March. Why? So I can have a slice of birthday cake, of course. Just one, though.

-I celebrate every ten pounds. My biggest near-term goal is crossing over the threshold to the 100's. I think it was Ryuu who called it "Onederland." I like that. I am hoping to hit that target before Thanksgiving.

-I get a lot of support at home and from friends. But I find, as with anything, that a person really needs to want this for it to work.
OneGuyonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:47 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 147/127.5/130

Height: 5'3 3/4"

I set my goal as 135 because that is what I weighed last year after having a baby and was in my "baby burn" as I like to call it (when your metabolism is sped up from breastfeeding, having the baby, etc and the weight just fell off). I loved pics of me then. Then I steadily gained over the year and was having to go up clothing sizes, which I hadn't done since I was 20. I miss my wardrobe and knew that at 135 I could fit into everything. While 135 isn't "thin" for my medium sized frame, I knew that setting a goal lower than that would put my goal further away and increase my likelihood of losing interest and jumping ship. I have made my goal weight, but now have decided to move it down to 130 so I can have a bit of wiggle room for the upcoming holidays. Good luck everyone!
Herding Cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:36 AM   #19  

Height: 5'4"

I looked at the BMI chart and picked from the top range of "normal". I've always had 145 in my head as a nice weight for my size but I couldn't tell you the last time I was there. Maybe, 5th grade? My dr has always told me I won't be a "small girl" so if I make it here I think it's a pretty good place to be able to maintain. I ultimately want to be only in single digit sizes in every brand. It's more about the size than the weight to me.

I really NEED to be there by the 24th of November....soon! When I started I gave myself until Dec 22nd but I was surprised by a trip to San Fransisco in December which involves wine tasting and a football game so I HAVE to be in maintenence by then.

I set my goals by 10s. Love hitting new "decades".

My hubby does a pretty good job but he just doesn't understand everything. My SIL is great but she started after me so I'm usually HER support. I have a friend on the program, 2 who are in maintenence, and my chiropractor is just moving to phase 3 so I have a lot of local support! And believe me, I use them!

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 10-17-2011 at 10:00 AM.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:28 AM   #20  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Goal weight: The last time I weighed 160, I was wearing a size 6. That was 11 years ago and I've had 2 children since then and my life and body has changed quite a bit. My goal weight may need to be adjusted as I get closer to that number.
Goal Date: I haven't really thought about that so much. As long as the lbs are coming off, I'm good! Would I love to be in maintenance for Thanksgiving and Christmas? Absolutely! But, if not, I'll just keep going. It's hard to give a date when I'm not 100% certain of my goal weight.
Mini goals: I don't really do this. I'm doing the Halloween spreadsheet challenge. Mostly to see how much weight I lose in a given time frame. Love that!
Biggest supporter: My husband is probably my biggest supporter. He's a great man and supports me in everything I do, so no surprise there. I also have a few friends and my sister that are great supporters. My parents try very hard to plan my diet into family get-togethers. There is always something I can eat. They don't fully understand all of the restrictions, but they are getting better. Wow, feeling very lucky and loved after typing all of that!
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #21  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

I also looked at the BMI chart, and it seems that 140 was a good number to go by.

I would love to get there before the end of the year. That way I'll have a few month to stabilize the weight before my big trip next spring.

I've just reached my mini goal of 160. That's the number on my Driver's License As I mentioned at another thread, I'm finally living the 'truth'

Myself. My son, though, would remind me 'I don't think you are suppose to eat that...' And my husband been telling me lately that his very proud of my weight loss, and has been lifting me up everytime he gives me a hug!
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote