3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat - Thursday 10/13/2011

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #61
Started IP April 27, 2011
 
wuv2bloved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,106

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGuyonIP View Post
Hi everyone,
I hope all doing well.

I have a couple of questions about supplements. I have been very good about taking them all every day. I have, however, forgotten a few times to take them right after my meals, so I have taken them at the end of the day (that is a lot of pills to swallow). Is that bad? Are they less effective? Most importantly, will it interfere with my weight loss?

Also, does anyone drink sparkling water, like Pelegrino? I noticed it has sodium in it.

Finally, horseradish. Is it okay? Carbs are listed as zero, but one of the ingrediants is food starch. Is the amount to small to impact weight loss? I love the taste and it makes eating beef so much more enjoyable.

Thanks everyone.
I have taken some of my supplements like that, it was no different for me. the sparking water, my coach to only have it like once maybe twice a week because of the carbonation in it. To use it as a treat. I have not used it, don't want to chance it I guess. As a matter of fact we can have horseradish, I talked to my coach about that yesterday. She said it was allowed
__________________


my YouTube videos, subscribe and you will be alerted when I post new ones
http://www.youtube.com/user/wuv2bloved?feature=guide
My continued Weight loss Journey https://www.facebook.com/CornerYourI...ghtLossJourney
wuv2bloved is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #62
Started IP 8.02.11
 
JellyMae87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bonney Lake, Wa
Posts: 864

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I have taken some of my supplements like that, it was no different for me. the sparking water, my coach to only have it like once maybe twice a week because of the carbonation in it. To use it as a treat. I have not used it, don't want to chance it I guess. As a matter of fact we can have horseradish, I talked to my coach about that yesterday. She said it was allowed
What form of horseradish can we have?? I think that this would be delish with a steak or even when I make my little cucumber sammiches!!
__________________
JellyMae87 is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 04:47 PM   #63
Started IP April 27, 2011
 
wuv2bloved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,106

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
What form of horseradish can we have?? I think that this would be delish with a steak or even when I make my little cucumber sammiches!!
She didn't specify, but did say she keeps hers in the fridge. I personally don't like it but my cousin LOVES it. Cucumber sammiches? tell me more
__________________


my YouTube videos, subscribe and you will be alerted when I post new ones
http://www.youtube.com/user/wuv2bloved?feature=guide
My continued Weight loss Journey https://www.facebook.com/CornerYourI...ghtLossJourney
wuv2bloved is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #64
Started IP 8.02.11
 
JellyMae87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bonney Lake, Wa
Posts: 864

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
She didn't specify, but did say she keeps hers in the fridge. I personally don't like it but my cousin LOVES it. Cucumber sammiches? tell me more
I just take cucumber and slice them up... put a little bit of turkey lunch meat on them, some times a slice of onion, and top it off with a little mustard... or I will cut them like a Ritz Cracker with little bits of Turkey and mustard... Its a good little snack!

Since I work 12 hour days my coach has "allowed" me to have a few slice of lunch meat to snack on... It seems to be working!!
__________________
JellyMae87 is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #65
Started IP April 27, 2011
 
wuv2bloved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,106

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
I just take cucumber and slice them up... put a little bit of turkey lunch meat on them, some times a slice of onion, and top it off with a little mustard... or I will cut them like a Ritz Cracker with little bits of Turkey and mustard... Its a good little snack!

Since I work 12 hour days my coach has "allowed" me to have a few slice of lunch meat to snack on... It seems to be working!!
Awesome! you are really doing well so its working for sure
__________________


my YouTube videos, subscribe and you will be alerted when I post new ones
http://www.youtube.com/user/wuv2bloved?feature=guide
My continued Weight loss Journey https://www.facebook.com/CornerYourI...ghtLossJourney
wuv2bloved is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #66
Member
 
OneGuyonIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 57

Default Horseradish

I use the Morehouse brand. It has a red cap and has to be refrigerated. It would be great with cucumbers. Check the formulations because some of them are more like spreads and contain oil and other stuff. The Morehouse brand is just horseradish with a little food starch but zero carbs.
OneGuyonIP is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #67
Started IP 8.02.11
 
JellyMae87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bonney Lake, Wa
Posts: 864

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGuyonIP View Post
I use the Morehouse brand. It has a red cap and has to be refrigerated. It would be great with cucumbers. Check the formulations because some of them are more like spreads and contain oil and other stuff. The Morehouse brand is just horseradish with a little food starch but zero carbs.
Where do you normally get it?? What store? What section?
__________________
JellyMae87 is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #68
Junior Member
 
ABrown46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Idaho
Posts: 29

S/C/G: 161/139/112

Height: 4' 10"

Default Ketosis

I have searched the threads and not quite found the information I am seeking. Do I understand it right that if I am still having SERIOUS cravings that I am not in ketosis? I am day 7 OP and my first WI was -6.8, but I am still having major cravings for sweets. Mostly the last 2 days. Could TOM visiting cause this?
ANY advice or suggestions welcome... I am really new and sure could use some. THANKS!!!
ABrown46 is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #69
Junior Member
 
ABrown46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Idaho
Posts: 29

S/C/G: 161/139/112

Height: 4' 10"

Default Snacks

JellyMae,
I also work 12 hour shifts. Doing VERY physical work. I do not have a coach really, as I am signed up with Ideal to Go online.
Have you noticed any difference in loss or gain with an occasional OP healthy snacks throughout the day?
Thanks
ABrown46 is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #70
Started IP 8.02.11
 
JellyMae87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bonney Lake, Wa
Posts: 864

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown46 View Post
I have searched the threads and not quite found the information I am seeking. Do I understand it right that if I am still having SERIOUS cravings that I am not in ketosis? I am day 7 OP and my first WI was -6.8, but I am still having major cravings for sweets. Mostly the last 2 days. Could TOM visiting cause this?
ANY advice or suggestions welcome... I am really new and sure could use some. THANKS!!!
I think that everyone is different... I had cravings for the weirdest things. like peanut butter and then mayo.... it took me about 2 weeks to get rid of everything... I think that you can try adding some salt... I believe thats what I have read!!
__________________
JellyMae87 is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #71
Started IP April 27, 2011
 
wuv2bloved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,106

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown46 View Post
I have searched the threads and not quite found the information I am seeking. Do I understand it right that if I am still having SERIOUS cravings that I am not in ketosis? I am day 7 OP and my first WI was -6.8, but I am still having major cravings for sweets. Mostly the last 2 days. Could TOM visiting cause this?
ANY advice or suggestions welcome... I am really new and sure could use some. THANKS!!!
Your TOM may have something to do with it. Have you been 100%OP? You should be in Ketosis but you may not be all the way yet. Give it a few more days and it should go away for the most part
__________________


my YouTube videos, subscribe and you will be alerted when I post new ones
http://www.youtube.com/user/wuv2bloved?feature=guide
My continued Weight loss Journey https://www.facebook.com/CornerYourI...ghtLossJourney
wuv2bloved is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #72
Started IP 8.02.11
 
JellyMae87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bonney Lake, Wa
Posts: 864

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown46 View Post
JellyMae,
I also work 12 hour shifts. Doing VERY physical work. I do not have a coach really, as I am signed up with Ideal to Go online.
Have you noticed any difference in loss or gain with an occasional OP healthy snacks throughout the day?
Thanks
No I havent... I was being pretty consistant with 4/week untill this last week I started training for derby. and I think I put myself in starvation mode... so I only saw 1.4... oh well. a loss is a loss!
__________________
JellyMae87 is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #73
3 lbs at a time!
 
YvetteSki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Perdue, SK
Posts: 373

S/C/G: 198/180/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown46 View Post
I have searched the threads and not quite found the information I am seeking. Do I understand it right that if I am still having SERIOUS cravings that I am not in ketosis? I am day 7 OP and my first WI was -6.8, but I am still having major cravings for sweets. Mostly the last 2 days. Could TOM visiting cause this?
ANY advice or suggestions welcome... I am really new and sure could use some. THANKS!!!

Hungry or cravings?

I swear I still have cravings and I'm 11 weeks in. I go through stages where I dream about what I am going to have on my treat day when I'm at goal. I used to have nightmares that I was cheating, they have now turned into lovely dreams where I'm allowed to have it.

It gets better.
__________________
YvetteSki is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #74
Started IP 8.02.11
 
JellyMae87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bonney Lake, Wa
Posts: 864

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
Hungry or cravings?

I swear I still have cravings and I'm 11 weeks in. I go through stages where I dream about what I am going to have on my treat day when I'm at goal. I used to have nightmares that I was cheating, they have now turned into lovely dreams where I'm allowed to have it.

It gets better.
Speaking of dreams... I had a dream that I was eating Peanut M&Ms and I work up freaked the **** out!!
__________________
JellyMae87 is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #75
Junior Member
 
ABrown46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Idaho
Posts: 29

S/C/G: 161/139/112

Height: 4' 10"

Default

Thanks everyone for your help and support. Not having a coach I can speak to, makes this forum a saving grace for sure. I have been OP, with the (sort of) exception that on the days I work 12 hour shifts of strenous work, I have a 4th packet.
Also, I am pretty sure the last two days are cravings and not hunger. I have had a couple hunger pangs when I have (unintentionally) went to long between meals.
One last question for you experianced IPers:
I have found an alternative shake, but am not sure if it would kick me out of ketosis as it contains 1g of sugar? (I thought it was suppose to be ZERO sugar, but on the alternatives thread, I see some are using alternatives with low sugar content)
The rest of the shake seems pretty good.
20g protein
4g carbs
120 calories
Anyone???
ABrown46 is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat - Thursday, 12 May 2011 Treena Ideal Protein Diet 95 05-13-2011 06:24 PM
IP Daily Chat - Thursday, 7 April 2011 EatAnts Ideal Protein Diet 113 04-08-2011 06:40 AM
IP Daily Chat - Thursday, 10 March 2011 EatAnts Ideal Protein Diet 82 03-11-2011 06:38 AM
IP Daily Chat Thursday, Jan 20, 2011 showgirlaz Ideal Protein Diet 119 01-22-2011 01:09 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2