Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 01:41 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 10/12/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You[/QUOTE]
Old 10-12-2011, 07:30 AM   #2  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Happy Hump Day!

Exciting to start my week fresh with all my new packets! I am trying a new one for my snack this afternoon-the dill pickle zippers. Sound yummy and I needed a grab and go snack as I will be on the road a couple hours after I get off work.

Trying to think of some new ideas for supper. Typically I only make one meal for all of us-just add on some sides that I don't eat for the rest of the family. I am really wanting some meatloaf and I usually make one that is low GI but will still have to wait on that one for awhile. I might go ahead and make for the family and I will just have big mac in a bowl instead.

Hoping to get back in town to hit pilates tonight at 4:30 but will be pushing it.

I hope you all have a great IP day!
Old 10-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #3  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Default Weigh-in question

For those of you that weigh-in at a clinic-what do you weigh-in wearing?

I had on a pair of jeans and a thin t-shirt for my initial weigh-in but took off my shoes/jewelry.

Because I wanted to be exact that the changes on the scale were really my weight and not clothing, I have worn the same jeans (different t-shirt but similiar weight) each week. When I set my goal it was more of a goal that I have when I weigh in the buff in the morning-the added clothes/eating usually adds about 2.5 pounds by the time I get to the clinic.

I am a little tempted to start weigh-in in wind pants and a t-shirt as it would be closer to my morning weight (although still a bit of a difference). I am conflicted-should I just continue with the outfit I started in and hit my goal at home 2# before I hit my goal at the clinic( I would end up at about 128 at home)? or should I try to even out the numbers a bit?
Old 10-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #4  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Boyz4us. Clothes and time do make a difference. I would choose one outfit that you want..If you want a weight closer to your am weight, then wear the lighter one. I am two pounds heavier when I do my WI. in the afternoons.
Whether or not it is helps, I do the exact same thing at each weigh in. I wear close to the same outfit. ..take off my jewelry and shoes...and drink the same amount of water. I try to drink less water on WI day before the WI.
However, you may have to change your clothes if it gets cold!

I liked the dill zippers also.
I have a recipe for meatloaf that should be IP Phase 1. I will look for it. You can use Heinz Low Carb catsup to mix with the meat.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:30 AM   #5  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Today is the day! I weighed 3 times to make sure. I am there. I have decided to celebrate my loss! I am going to buy a piece of clothing or jewelry. Although this time of year, it might be a Halloween ghost to wear to school!

I think I am getting in the holiday spirit with reading all of these posts on Thanksgiving. I bought some non salt pumkin pie spice . It says 0 0 0..so I put some in my crsipy cereal pancakes!

Last edited by Maile; 10-12-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!!!

I don't know if any of you were big fans of the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, but I just bought some Pumpkin Spice coffee and used a little EAS creamer in it and it totally satisfies the craving.

I messed up yesterday and I really do need some tips. How do you handle a situation where you're going over to someone's house to eat, and you have no idea of the menu but you've been instructed there's plenty and you don't need to bring anything. I know I should have probably brought a veggie tray or something but I didn't and I wound up eating the toppings off a piece of pizza because I didn't want to offend her. It was just the 2 of us (plus kids) so it was very obvious had I not eaten anything. I could tell she put a lot of work into it (fresh mozzarella, sauteed spinach and mushrooms, homemade sauce). I wound up counting it as my dinner and moving on. I'm not telling anyone IRL about it because the whole low carb thing seems to be very controversial.

Next time I will bring a big salad and ask in advance what the menu is. I had no idea going into tonight and just assumed there would be something I could eat. My mistake. Thankfully I didn't really eat anything off plan (aside from the small amount of cheese, but I picked around the best I could, most was under the veggies). It's just really irking me because I didn't even want the food, it was the social etiquette that caused my lapse, and I had no plans of not following protocol, I just didn't know what to do.

So there's my confession, and the reason I didn't get back on the board last night. Other than that I'm still doing really well, loving the program. The simplicity is such that yesterday for example I took the kiddos to the zoo and when we stopped with our friends on the way home for lunch I could honestly say I wasn't hungry because I had eaten my sliced peppers and cucumbers on the way to the restaurant and had my bar in the car as a 'reward' for not eating anything off plan (not that I would anyways, even fast food doesn't hold the same allure it used to). All that walking though really tired out my legs and I even took an extra cal-mag last night to help with the craps. Anyone have that experience?

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:40 AM   #7  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Good morning. I wear the same type of clothes to WI each week and kick my shoes off before stepping on. That said, I think we all get hung up on WI a little too much. It's just what you weigh in that instance. I don't think you should do anything different before WI than what you would normally do that day. If you don't eat anything or drink anything or eat certain foods the night before, you are really just manipulating you WI number, not your weight. Sure, eating and drinking before WI will affect the number you see, but it will affect that number everyday of our lives. It's just a number, one that will flucuate throughout the day. It's great to see losses and keeps us motivated, but I try not to get too hung up on the actual number. It's going down and I will make sure that it stays down, but I want it to be a true representation of me, not a representation of a fish diet 2 days prior, drinking lemon juice, and fasting before my WI. That's not how I'm going to live everyday.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #8  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Default Why did I gain ???

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday, I was so exited, I hit the 205 pounds after a long thanksgiving weekend and a birthday! I was so proud of myself and full of hope that soon I will be reaching onederland!

Today, I weighed myself to discover that I gained 2+ pounds!! I went through everything I ate yesterday, what I drank, the supplements I took, everything was 100% on program, I did not cheat or deviate from the protocol, not even a bit!

I don't understand! How can I gain more than two pounds in one day while still eating the way I do ?!!

The only thing that I analyzed that might have made a difference (although it should not be a 2+ pounds difference) was that I did not eat lettuce, I ate broccoli and cauliflowers for my lunch vegetables with an IP soup and for supper, I ate cauliflowers and celeriac. I did not exactly measure in a cup, but I rarely do, and I do believe that it was not more than two cups of the vegetables I had!

God... I feel bad... why did I gain? Am I doomed to be stuck over 205 pounds?!!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Today is the day! I weighed 3 times to make sure. I am there. I have decided to celebrate my loss! I am going to buy a piece of clothing or jewelry. Although this time of year, it might be a Halloween ghost to wear to school!

I think I am getting in the holiday spirit with reading all of these posts on Thanksgiving. I bought some non salt pumkin pie spice . It says 0 0 0..so I put some in my crsipy cereal pancakes!
Congrats!!!! : bravo:

That is amazing and really inspiring. I would love to hear your story and how you feel now that you're at goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
For those of you that weigh-in at a clinic-what do you weigh-in wearing?
Personally I wear the same thing every week. My coach mentioned something about my shorts being to big last week and I told her that I was going to be holding them up walking in when it was 20 degrees outside because I started WIs in shorts and I'm not going to add the extra weight of pants, lol!! (Only half kidding). I have the opposite situation, my home scale is heavier than my WI scale (which I'm totally okay with!) so I never know exactly what WI is going to look like.

Sometimes I wish my coach would stand outside, close the door, let me strip naked, and then report the number to her when I'm done. It would take some of the stress out of the "What do I wear when I WI" question.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #10  

Maile, that is awesome!!! Way to go! You deserve something special.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:55 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

Yesterday, I was so exited, I hit the 205 pounds after a long thanksgiving weekend and a birthday! I was so proud of myself and full of hope that soon I will be reaching onederland!

Today, I weighed myself to discover that I gained 2+ pounds!! I went through everything I ate yesterday, what I drank, the supplements I took, everything was 100% on program, I did not cheat or deviate from the protocol, not even a bit!

I don't understand! How can I gain more than two pounds in one day while still eating the way I do ?!!

The only thing that I analyzed that might have made a difference (although it should not be a 2+ pounds difference) was that I did not eat lettuce, I ate broccoli and cauliflowers for my lunch vegetables with an IP soup and for supper, I ate cauliflowers and celeriac. I did not exactly measure in a cup, but I rarely do, and I do believe that it was not more than two cups of the vegetables I had!

Sounds like you were OP, I wouldn't worry about it. That's why we aren't weighed everyday. Just pick one day a week for your official WI. Stay positive, if you do this diet, it will come off.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

Any big C trouble? (I ask b/c you say you did not eat the lettuce) I certainly would not get too worried about it! Give it a day or two (STAY OP!!!) and see what happens.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Hey you all talking about Pumpkin Pie, I have the DaVinci SF Pumpkin Pie Syrup, it is very great for making a similar Starbucks coffee.

(Disclaimer: 1g of Carb in 1 oz.)
Old 10-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #14  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
Any big C trouble? (I ask b/c you say you did not eat the lettuce) I certainly would not get too worried about it! Give it a day or two (STAY OP!!!) and see what happens.
No, I have no problem with the ''C'', never did, luckily, I am as regular as could be.

And it is not time of the month!

And this is why I am wondering, what might it be? I know I gain a little bit around TOM, but it is not time for that now... so... not sure what is happening with my body.

I will sure stick to the program 100% and take it from there.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #15  

Wuv, can't wait to see your new hairdo picture! Great story on buying the smaller size shorts and tops. Listen to your son and go buy the other one in a different color! Great son!

I wear pajama shorts and a slinky tank top to weigh in. I have them on under my regular clothes and just take the reg. clothes off and voila, I am ready to be weighed.

Sandra, don't worry about the 2 pounds! Nature will take care of it, just drink lots of water. You were OP perfectly.

Last edited by sandyh50; 10-12-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Closed Thread