Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie85 View Post
Although I had excellent results with my blood sugars, I never really lost any weight. Any suggestions for diabetics on the diet?
Diabetics should benefit the most from this protocol. My mom is a thin type 1 diabetic and she takes 4 shots a day (this is why I started diet, to try and kick genetics butt) Mom got diabetes after she had me over 27 years ago. My aunt got it after her 3rd child.
My diet coach said even if I convinced my mom to do an alternate plan, still eat carbs but incorporate some IP products it could reduce the amount of shots and insulin she takes a day.
Talk to you coach. There should be no reason why you aren’t losing if you are doing everything OP.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #62  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Thanks everyone!!...I am glad that a few of y'all decided to follow me with the progress pics, aren't they fun?

Jodi, you will be surprised, you might just be more than 88lbs in 25weeks, never know what that body will do ya know?

Went back to walmart and found 3 more shirts @$7 a piece, so my son got them for me. He said NOW get RID of the ones that are too BIG for you...geeze....haha....gotta love it!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #63  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Thanks everyone!!...I am glad that a few of y'all decided to follow me with the progress pics, aren't they fun?

Jodi, you will be surprised, you might just be more than 88lbs in 25weeks, never know what that body will do ya know?

Went back to walmart and found 3 more shirts @$7 a piece, so my son got them for me. He said NOW get RID of the ones that are too BIG for you...geeze....haha....gotta love it!
I hope so!

That is so sweet of your son... now go throw them old clothes out Momma!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:54 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 252.8/165.2/170

Height: 5'10"

Woo Hoo, I went to my weigh in and I am down another 2.6 pounds. So I have officially lost 60 pounds. I did talk to my coach about me starting a walking program and she discouraged it. She said I shouldn't be walking 2 miles at a fast pace. She suggested that I walk 1 mile or walk at a regular pace for 15 minutes. She also said that I may need to add an extra packet if I see that I am not losing weight. Thankfully, this week I lost weight. So I will continue walking the 2 miles - 3 times a week.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #65  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeymom View Post
Hello All,
I am starting the program on Monday. I am excited but nervous. I am glad i found this group. There is great advice on here. And great support.
I am shopping soon so I can be prepared. Can anyone give me some advice on salad dressings. I think i will have much better luck eating all the lettuce if i have a yummy dressing. I believe Walden Farms is the approved vendor but i was hoping you could suggest a few.

Good luck to everyone. Congrats to those of you doing great. I hope to be right there with you soon.

Thank you.
My favorite is the thousand island. The rasp ving. is o.k.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Good morning. I wear the same type of clothes to WI each week and kick my shoes off before stepping on. That said, I think we all get hung up on WI a little too much. It's just what you weigh in that instance. I don't think you should do anything different before WI than what you would normally do that day. If you don't eat anything or drink anything or eat certain foods the night before, you are really just manipulating you WI number, not your weight. Sure, eating and drinking before WI will affect the number you see, but it will affect that number everyday of our lives. It's just a number, one that will flucuate throughout the day. It's great to see losses and keeps us motivated, but I try not to get too hung up on the actual number. It's going down and I will make sure that it stays down, but I want it to be a true representation of me, not a representation of a fish diet 2 days prior, drinking lemon juice, and fasting before my WI. That's not how I'm going to live everyday.
I do understand what you are saying, and I totally agree about manipulating weigh-ins. My question was due to the fact that my goal at the clinic is more based on my early morning nude weight, not on the added clothing weight. I just need to decide if my goal eight is my TRUE goal weight or not. If it is then my at home goal weight needs to be about 127.5-128. Unfortunately I do have to think about the numbers and not just how I feel or my clothing feels, since my goal (and i.e. $$$$ on buying products at clinic is based on a number). I will talk to my coach next week.
Thanks to all that replied with their opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
Hey you all talking about Pumpkin Pie, I have the DaVinci SF Pumpkin Pie Syrup, it is very great for making a similar Starbucks coffee.

(Disclaimer: 1g of Carb in 1 oz.)
I am SOOOO happy to hear Da Vinci has a SF pumpkin pie. I am psyched! SB pumpkin lattes are my absolutely favorite!!

Quote:

You look amazingly different. Love the new hair cut!

Last edited by boyz4us; 10-12-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 156.8/146.6/130

Height: 5'-3"

Hello, everyone!

I started IP last week and have my first WI tomorrow. It seems kind of crazy to look forward to weighing in! Going by my scale at home, I am losing 1 pound per day. I like it.

Everyone's pictures are FANTASTIC. It's amazing the kind of beauty that gets hid behind the weight.

I browsed for hours yesterday and this morning and decided it was time to register. The support and ideas here are amazing.

Thank you all for your contributions.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
I do understand what you are saying, and I totally agree about manipulating weigh-ins. My question was due to the fact that my goal at the clinic is more based on my early morning nude weight, not on the added clothing weight. I just need to decide if my goal eight is my TRUE goal weight or not. If it is then my at home goal weight needs to be about 127.5-128. Unfortunately I do have to think about the numbers and not just how I feel or my clothing feels, since my goal (and i.e. $$$$ on buying products at clinic is based on a number). I will talk to my coach next week.
Thanks to all that replied with their opinions.

I am SOOOO happy to hear Da Vinci has a SF pumpkin pie. I am psyched! SB pumpkin lattes are my absolutely favorite!!

You look amazingly different. Love the new hair cut!
Thanks, I sent you an instant message...check for it
Old 10-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnhound1 View Post
Hello, everyone!

I started IP last week and have my first WI tomorrow. It seems kind of crazy to look forward to weighing in! Going by my scale at home, I am losing 1 pound per day. I like it.

Everyone's pictures are FANTASTIC. It's amazing the kind of beauty that gets hid behind the weight.

I browsed for hours yesterday and this morning and decided it was time to register. The support and ideas here are amazing.

Thank you all for your contributions.
Welcome Foxnhound, I did the same thing, read read and read some more then said I can give some of the suggestions I get from my coach as well and it may help someone else...here I am 25 weeks later and loving every minute on the site
Old 10-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #70  

I didn't even consider what clothes to wear to weigh in - I know I would have preferred to strip! My scale at home seems to be 2 pounds less than the one at the clinic. - and, of course, I strip at home.

I had no side effects at all. The one problem I seem to have is invitations from my boyfriend to go to dinner (like tonight - right before WI). I'm so worried about cheating - that I'm almost afraid to eat. I haven't told him I am on this diet and want to surprise him when he comes back in a few weeks.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #71  

Quote:
I didn't even consider what clothes to wear to weigh in - I know I would have preferred to strip! My scale at home seems to be 2 pounds less than the one at the clinic. - and, of course, I strip at home.

I had no side effects at all. The one problem I seem to have is invitations from my boyfriend to go to dinner (like tonight - right before WI). I'm so worried about cheating - that I'm almost afraid to eat. I haven't told him I am on this diet and want to surprise him when he comes back in a few weeks.
Actually at my clinic it is a private room with just the coach and she said some people strip down to the undies!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:42 PM   #72  

Quote:

Just have a salad of some sort and unsweet tea, if he ask why you are eating "light" just tell him you aren't really hungry
Old 10-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
Actually at my clinic it is a private room with just the coach and she said some people strip down to the undies!
That is so tempting. With the difference only being 2 pounds - I think I will suck it up. My coach is uber-skinny.........

I'm also having trouble getting my salt in. I really dislike salt.

I feel really good, though, and I'm not having any difficulty staying on it from day to day. I thought the water was going to be a problem since I'm used to strictly Chai Tea and Pepsi as drinks, but I'm downing 80 oz a day.

Does anyone know if the Oregon Chai fat free is on-program? I'm really missing that........ I tried a recipe I found here made with vanilla pudding. It was gross. Might just take awhile to be weaned from it.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #74  

Quote:
Just have a salad of some sort and unsweet tea, if he ask why you are eating "light" just tell him you aren't really hungry
That will be the plan. I will do my best not to be tempted by the bread!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #75  

Quote:
That will be the plan. I will do my best not to be tempted by the bread!
Just remember its ONLY TEMPORARY you WILL be able to eat that bread the NEXT time IF you stay OP and get to your goal
Closed Thread