Old 10-12-2011, 10:42 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post
This, exactly. Originally I had planned on doing IP through my chiropractor's office, but the "coaches" were the receptionists. I didn't like their demeanor or their lack of follow up.

I found a medical doctor who runs the program through his office and has done the program himself. No threats of ever being "kicked out." My coach actually told me about people on the program who cheated on occasion, but they worked with what was going on in that person's life and not with threats and yelling.

I only left because it was too expensive. I'm losing at the same rate with alternatives, but I miss my coach.

I am in the same boat, I had to leave after a huge car expense but am doing well on alternatives. I totally don't understand the screaming at people mentality. My coach was similar to rainbow mom's. I actually am losing very slowly but my coach used my journal to track that I wasn't actually eating enough. This was mainly due to ongoing migraines the first few weeks.My coach was very supportive and used the journal in a positive way.

What do they actually consider a cheat?
I have been pretty much totally OP. I say pretty much because sometimes don't get all the food in and I'm not completely sure what is in restaurant food if I eat out. Other than that I follow IP exactly and continue to lose slowly.
But on Thanksgiving an elderly relative made me cranberry sauce with splenda. I chose to take two TBLS of it. My weight was actually down at the next WI. So if I did the same thing at Christmas which I surely will and recorded it in my journal in theory I would get the boot. The whole concept makes no sense. First stress if the worst thing when you are trying to lose weight. Also anyone who is into cheating would be very unlikely to keep going to a clinic and pay that much money. They would be much more likely just to quit.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:13 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 147/127.5/130

Height: 5'3 3/4"

2 of the "coaches" in my clinic are two little girls that don't seem to know much and are mainly there to sign you up and sell you your food. My phone coach though is great. She could tell from our first conversation that I'm a little kooky about following instructions. You give me a rule, and I do not break it no matter what, so when my scale was going up over 2 days at home, I called her in a panic. She quickly talked me down off my ledge and we analyzed my journal and found I wasn't doing anything wrong. She said it was the stress of weighing myself every morning and night, and possibly not drinking quite enough water. The next morning after our chat, I was down 3 lbs. So I think there really is something to keeping your clients nice and calm. She knows I can't stop weighing, so she advised to just get the ketone sticks and make sure I'm in ketosis, which I did and have been much more relaxed. No one should ever yell at you....especially since so much of us stress eat anyway! (I know I do!)
Herding Cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:44 AM   #33  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

After reading some of these stories just makes me appreciate my coach even more. I picked this coach because first my doctor recommended her to me and the coach is also in a doctor's office and for whatever reason that seemed important to me. The doctor is a obgyn and decided to carry this program to help her patients who have PCOS. My coach is knowledgeable, very sweet and supportive, checks my BMI and measures me each week and lets me mix up boxes of food. I think I got lucky.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:12 AM   #34  

Height: 5'7'

This thread makes me very sad. Screaming, berating, humilitating, etc...are not tactics that works long term. I also think that many of us who want to lose weight aren't feeling all that great about ourselves to begin with, so add a screaming 'coach' on top of that it seems like a recipe for disaster.

I would leave that coach and never look back. No one deserves to be treated with a total lack of respect.
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #35  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
This thread makes me very sad. Screaming, berating, humilitating, etc...are not tactics that works long term. I also think that many of us who want to lose weight aren't feeling all that great about ourselves to begin with, so add a screaming 'coach' on top of that it seems like a recipe for disaster.

I would leave that coach and never look back. No one deserves to be treated with a total lack of respect.
I can't agree more! Seriously... what and who gives them the right to scream in anybody's face! Are they for real? They should be there for support and only support.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

all I can say is if you were in drug or alcohol rehab and had a relapse and still wanted to go through the program, no one would be "firing" you. just ridiculous "coaching", the point is to help people realize "why" they may have relapsed. That's what happens when non-professionals think they can do a professionals job. We eat too much for some reason, so they should be trying to figure that out, not yelling. I switched to alternatives and am doing great! We will encourage you here and help figure out what is going on when you are stuck.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 166.6/142.2/135

Height: 5'3"

This thread speaks to what I'm going through also. I don't post a lot, but I read this forum every day. You all are such wonderful motivators.

I have a nice young dietician as a coach, but she is killing my motivation. She still expects me to keep losing at least 3 lbs every week at this point. I'm a 60 year old post menopausal woman and have been losing .5 to 2 lbs every week. The first month I had a great weight loss but it has slowed down. I'm very happy losing 1 to 2 lbs a week now. However, she's not. She never says I'm doing a good job...she's so negative or maybe I'm just getting too sensitive. lol

I've been reading the alternatives thread to see if I can figure it out, but it's scary. Again, thanks to all of you for your wonderful posts.
CajunLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #38  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunLoser View Post
This thread speaks to what I'm going through also. I don't post a lot, but I read this forum every day. You all are such wonderful motivators.

I have a nice young dietician as a coach, but she is killing my motivation. She still expects me to keep losing at least 3 lbs every week at this point. I'm a 60 year old post menopausal woman and have been losing .5 to 2 lbs every week. The first month I had a great weight loss but it has slowed down. I'm very happy losing 1 to 2 lbs a week now. However, she's not. She never says I'm doing a good job...she's so negative or maybe I'm just getting too sensitive. lol

I've been reading the alternatives thread to see if I can figure it out, but it's scary. Again, thanks to all of you for your wonderful posts.
Cajun where in La are you? Bellamack switched to alternatives and is doing fantastic on them. ItsAboutTime also is doing alternatives and have success with them. My mom lost 45lbs using them. Don't let anyone bring you down. YOU are DOING the right thing, you are losing and the scale is going down which is what we (you) want. Even if its .2 its STILL A LOSS. From looking at your stats you don't have much further left to reach your goal. From reading on here the last 10lbs are the hardest for most. Keep your chin up, YOU WILL GET IT OFF!!....try not to stress about her being so negative and not encouraging you. Come here, we sure will give you all you need
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:20 AM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Cajun where in La are you? Bellamack switched to alternatives and is doing fantastic on them. ItsAboutTime also is doing alternatives and have success with them. My mom lost 45lbs using them. Don't let anyone bring you down. YOU are DOING the right thing, you are losing and the scale is going down which is what we (you) want. Even if its .2 its STILL A LOSS. From looking at your stats you don't have much further left to reach your goal. From reading on here the last 10lbs are the hardest for most. Keep your chin up, YOU WILL GET IT OFF!!....try not to stress about her being so negative and not encouraging you. Come here, we sure will give you all you need
Thanks wuv!

It's unbelievable...I have never had a gain or a zero loss week. Yet, it's not good enough! I think I'll try some alternative stuff and incorporate it in this week. I even called in sick Tues. so I wouldn't have to listen to her. Now that's sad.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #40  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Thanks wuv!

It's unbelievable...I have never had a gain or a zero loss week. Yet, it's not good enough! I think I'll try some alternative stuff and incorporate it in this week. I even called in sick Tues. so I wouldn't have to listen to her. Now that's sad.
yup! that is sad....I sent you a private message!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #41  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

After reading this thread, I am so appreciative of our (my DH is also on IP) coaches, wow some of you have been through a lot with yours, not sure I could have stuck it out if I had your coaches. Our coaches have always been very supportive, a high 5 or congrats when things go good. When losses are low and they can see our disappointment they never question us as to what we did wrong. They will go over our past week with to see if we can figure if it was something we did wrong, and then they give us encouragement for a better next week. They will sit down with us anytime to go over things and have even phoned us a few times to see how things are going for the week. We are fortunate to be able to buy single packages at our clinic. Our coaches are not professionals, ( Drs., nurses, chiros etc.), but have done the program themselves and have given us lots of information they have found helped them along their journey. When my DH went to phase 3, they gave him some sample ideas of breakfasts that had worked for them. We kept food diaries for the first 3 months on Phase 1 and took them in and went over them with our coach. DH just started on maintenance , so he is going to track again for awhile,this will help us keep in check what has been eaten for the day. I am still on phase 1, but not tracking in that book but elsewhere to keep me on track. Makes me appreciate our coaches even more after reading what some of you have gone through. Stay strong, IP is a great program.

I don't post very often, I come on daily and read the posts, and have found so much support and help from everyone on 3FC. Thanks everyone, you along with our great coaches have helped us so much on this journey!!
grannyto2bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #42  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

I agree with Wuv. You are doing a great job and if you are happy with any loss then she has no right to make you feel bad. You are SO close to your goal, keep it up whether you choose to go to alternatives or deal with miss negativity.

I am so thankful that my coach is an amazing woman. I probably know more about IP than she does as I'm always searching things up but she is the best support anyone can ask for. No matter what my loss she always gives me a hug and cheers me along.
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:14 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:

I am also 60 (and a bit) and post menopausal. There is absolutely no way we are going to lose 3 pounds a week. It is next to impossible to lose weight after menopause. Well possibly if you are hugely overweight it may be easier. I am very happy with my .5 to 2 (if I'm lucky!) pounds per week.
My coach was very supportive, she did always want to see my journal, her biggest concern was that I was not eating enough.
I have not been able to continue with the coach because it is way too expesive when you are losing that slowly. I switvhed to alternatives, it has not caused any problems at all. I am continuing on my slow journey, but heading in the right direction steadily.

I just noticed our stats are very similiar. I am finding I have way more energy than when I started, so it is not mainly about how quickly you lose the weight.

Last edited by patns; 10-13-2011 at 09:17 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:12 AM   #44  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:

I doubt you're too sensitive, and I think you've had good advice here. But if you can bring yourself to it, I think I'd buy a month or so of supplements before you switch to alternatives and tell her what you think. It may be too late to help you, but it just might help someone else in the future. She might learn something, and you'd have the satisfaction of leaving in style.

Last edited by Linden; 10-14-2011 at 04:10 AM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:45 AM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
I agree with Wuv. You are doing a great job and if you are happy with any loss then she has no right to make you feel bad. You are SO close to your goal, keep it up whether you choose to go to alternatives or deal with miss negativity.

I am so thankful that my coach is an amazing woman. I probably know more about IP than she does as I'm always searching things up but she is the best support anyone can ask for. No matter what my loss she always gives me a hug and cheers me along.
Thanks! I really feel that she's more interested in keeping the stats up so she can say to prospective clients that you'll lose 3-4 lbs/week on this diet instead of me as an individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I am also 60 (and a bit) and post menopausal. There is absolutely no way we are going to lose 3 pounds a week. It is next to impossible to lose weight after menopause. Well possibly if you are hugely overweight it may be easier. I am very happy with my .5 to 2 (if I'm lucky!) pounds per week.
My coach was very supportive, she did always want to see my journal, her biggest concern was that I was not eating enough.
I have not been able to continue with the coach because it is way too expesive when you are losing that slowly. I switvhed to alternatives, it has not caused any problems at all. I am continuing on my slow journey, but heading in the right direction steadily.

I just noticed our stats are very similiar. I am finding I have way more energy than when I started, so it is not mainly about how quickly you lose the weight.
Exactly...there's just no way! I'm very satisfied with my weight loss at this point. I know you understand. I just wish my coach did. Maybe she's just too young and inexperienced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I doubt you're too sensitive, and I think you've had good advice here. But if you can bring yourself to it, I think I'd buy a month or so of supplements before you switch to alternatives and tell her what you think. It may be too late to help you, but it just might help someone else in the future. She might learn something, and you'd have the satisfaction of leaving in style.
Thanks. You're right. I'm just worried about the accountability issue and having someone record my weight loss. But I'm a big girl and I should be able to handle it.