Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #31  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

You'll be there before you know it!! Good luck getting through the weekend, I know it's a tough time for you. Please post if you need any encouragement!![/QUOTE]

It would be a super duper tough weekend since it is my stepdaughter's birthday and Thanksgiving, Thanks for the encouragement
Old 10-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #32  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Soccermom, sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you. Sounds like you have very supporting friends to watch over you and will help you through this time. Just stay positive for both yourself and your friends, YOU can and WILL do this.

Bella, who cares if your loss is because you switched to alternative its A LOSS and a BIG LOSS....AWESOME! I'm going put it in the spreadsheet!!!

Glad to see everyone is feeling better today, Its going to be a great weekend so lets everyone stay POSITIVE and have a 100% OP weekend!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #33  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Good morning. Happy Friday! I can't wait for the weekend. I plan on doing some shopping this weekend. I really need some tops. I love layering in the fall/winter and nothing fits from last year - it's such a great feeling!!!

Have a great day.
Have fun shopping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post

I have a couple of confessions to make. First of all, I was gone all night last night and when I got home my husband was sleeping and when I woke up he had already left for work so I didn't get a chance to remind him to take my scale. I stepped on like every other morning and was down 1.2 from yesterday. This is a number I haven't seen yet. Probably since, oh, junior high days. I will remind him this morning because I really need to see if I can do this. Second, I am sipping a nice hot cup of lemon water. I don't mind the extra carbs the poster commented about yesterday because I'm using a real lemon and I've used half of it in the last 3 days. Not gonna stress about the small stuff.

So far the morning has been great. The scale was down, my girls weren't fighting, there is a nice light rain, and gas was $3.29! I'm super tired but not gonna let that get me down.
Congrats on the weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Sunny1 View Post
Well, I have reached the half way point in my weightloss. I am really excited. I was also encouraged by PxlKitty4 making it to the maintanence phase. YAY!!!! I bought a sweater the other day, I just grabbed the size I usually do off the shelf. Well, I put it on today and I really need it to shrink! It's funny-I didin't even think about having lost weight. Have a great day all!!!
YAY that is awesome, I reached my half way point this week as well and am so excited about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom9799 View Post
Good morning everyone. I've had a rough couple of days and a rough weekend ahead. I awoke to a phone call at 6:20 yesterday morning that my best friend's parents had been killed in a car accident the night before. This is so sad and so shocking!! We love them and they were like grandparents to my own children. They were wonderful parents and grandparents and very respected and esteemed members of our small community. My heart heart is absolutely broken for my friends and their childrem. Their loss is so complete. My friend will have to also take care of all the arrangements because he and his father were in a law firm together so there will be no freedom from this even at work. Now the planning begins not for 1 but for 2 loved ones...

I'm sharing all of this here because in this tragedy my diet is and should be the least of everyone's concern. I'm not going to bother anyone with my diet nonsense so I was hoping to come here for support. It's going to be a long weekend of visiting and cooking and providing for them so I need someone to tell me I can do this. Tell me it's worth it to stay on plan. I'm close to goal so part of me right now is screaming "screw it take the easy way out this weekend!!" Eat what's easy and everyone else is. It's not about me, it's about them!! It seems so ridiculous to even be worrying about my IP diet at a time like this!! But I"ve worked so hard for the last 11 weeks.

I'm looking for encouragement and advice. Thanks so much for listening.

Allison
I am SO sorry for your loss, I do find it harder when it is unexpected like that. Sounds like you have an amazing group of friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Just checking in to say hello and to let everyone know that I officially started maintenance yesterday. It was scary, but I went to Trader Joe's and stocked up on some great slow carbs plus a ton of veggies. I bought myself roses (hubby had to work late), made a nice pasta sauce with ground chicken and tons of veggies, and ate that with a serving of whole wheat pasta. What seemed like a "little" pasta was actually amazingly filling. I also had a small glass of white wine.

This is a normal dinner in maintenance. I'm terrified at the idea of a cheat day, but I will take this one day at a time and I know the rules.

For those of you who are just starting out, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You can't go crazy (except for your one cheat day each week), but the freedom at the end makes the program liveable.
Congrats on making it to maintenance, I can't wait but like everyone else I'm nervous about it too. Not so much initially but 1-2 years down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneurohr View Post
Yay it's finally Friday. It has been such a long week but the good thing is that even though it was TOM I still lost 2.75lbs. that really made my week a little better knowing that I was that much closer to my goal. I think the best feeling was went I went under the 200 mark.
Nice!! Great job on the weight loss.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #34  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Have a great OP weekend everyone, I most likely won't be on much this weekend as the fam and I are driving to Calgary tonight after work to celebrate thanksgiving with our families.

Looking forward to having a great weekend. Someone mentioned on another post that they can't wait to have s*x with their husband once they've lost their weight. I normally wouldn't post something like this but my husband hasn't been able to keep his hands off me. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I've lost another 30lbs.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Bella, congrats on the great WI!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #36  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Morning everyone! Just wanted to wish all us Canadians a Happy Thanksgiving weekend and good luck with staying OP. My family all knows about my diet and they've been calling making sure that they have things that I can eat and that the other nthings they have won't bother me and I'm telling myself that I'll be just fine. It hasn't bothered me at home being around food I can't have so I'm hoping the same thing happens there.
WI# 2 today and still so excited. Have a great weekend everyone
Old 10-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #37  

Height: 5'6"

So sorry for your loss SoccerMom. -hugs-

Congrats on NSV and SV's everyone! Another rainy October day here on the prairies, doesn't do much to lift my mood at all. #1 son has "chronic tonsillitis", did a throat swab yesterday and started round 3 of antibiotics. He is also still dealing with the bully issue, just constant picking now not anything really bad just the fact that the kid is in his space seems to be enough atm. We will speak to a counsellor on Tuesday to see if she can give him some strategies to help his reactions to the snot nosed little f#$%er. Sad thing is we have established that the bully is getting his behaviour encouraged by this (insert nasty word here) mother, who we just happened to have to sit next to at the Drs office yesterday. If all this doesn't shove me off the OP wagon, nothing will The bully has asked my son if I hate him, my son says he never answers which is good. I hate what his mothers choices have done to him and I am saddened by all that has happened but my children ALWAYS come first. That's the bottom line. Anyways....sorry for rambling, I needed to vent apparently....
Have a great OP day!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 12:15 PM   #38  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

SoccerMom - I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Be sure to take good care of yourself first so you can help to take care of others. You will make it through this!

Yesterday was our first WI! I was a little worried since I am on TOM but I lost 7.8 pounds! My fiance lost 10.6 so we couldn't be happier. We are both anxious to stay strong and OP and to see those numbers keep dropping!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 10-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #39  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom9799 View Post
Good morning everyone. I've had a rough couple of days and a rough weekend ahead. I awoke to a phone call at 6:20 yesterday morning that my best friend's parents had been killed in a car accident the night before. This is so sad and so shocking!! We love them and they were like grandparents to my own children. They were wonderful parents and grandparents and very respected and esteemed members of our small community. My heart heart is absolutely broken for my friends and their childrem. Their loss is so complete. My friend will have to also take care of all the arrangements because he and his father were in a law firm together so there will be no freedom from this even at work. Now the planning begins not for 1 but for 2 loved ones...

I went to work yesterday despite not wanting to but I'm an optometrist and felt like I needed to be there for my patients. We had a staff meeting yesterday and they had ordered pizza hut for lunch. I left. I just didn't feel like I could stay in that office full of the smell of hot pizza. I came back in the afternoon and at the end of the day was feelling hungry and I opened the fridge and sure enough left-over pizza was in there. I even opened the box and looked at it. It took me a long time but I walked away. I wanted it though. Really bad. I just wanted how easy it was and how good I thought it'd make me feel.

I then went to be with my friends last night after work. It was getting to be about 6 so I was getting hungry. I didn't eat enough for lunch. I just couldn't stomach it. I sat down with several slices of deli meat (ham and turkey) and ate that. No veggies were available. Then guess what? Pizza arrived. I DIDN'T EAT ANY! but dammit I wanted to! I truly felt it might comfort my soul. It appeared to comfort others. But my friends know I'm doing this and have been very supportive and encouraged me that it wouldn't be worth it in the end. They had open bags of potato chips out, candy, bread everywhere. All the bad stuff because people were dropping stuff off.

I will cop to eating 1 slice of co-jack cheese and have 1 small glass of wine. We all did and had a toast to their mother because we used to always walk to her house to chit chat and drink wine together on the weekend. I will tell you though that many may not agree with me but my "cheating" could have been a heck of a lot worse.

I'm sharing all of this here because in this tragedy my diet is and should be the least of everyone's concern. I'm not going to bother anyone with my diet nonsense so I was hoping to come here for support. It's going to be a long weekend of visiting and cooking and providing for them so I need someone to tell me I can do this. Tell me it's worth it to stay on plan. I'm close to goal so part of me right now is screaming "screw it take the easy way out this weekend!!" Eat what's easy and everyone else is. It's not about me, it's about them!! It seems so ridiculous to even be worrying about my IP diet at a time like this!! But I"ve worked so hard for the last 11 weeks.

I'm looking for encouragement and advice. Thanks so much for listening.

Allison
I am so sorry for your loss. It is so great you have such wonderful supportive friends to be there for you. I agree with the others if you need extra food take a extra IP packet even if it is 2 restricted in 1 day, and make sure to get your water in so that you don't get dehydrated, and take all your vitamins and supplements. Take care
Old 10-07-2011, 12:23 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazzledmom04 View Post
Morning everyone! Just wanted to wish all us Canadians a Happy Thanksgiving weekend and good luck with staying OP. My family all knows about my diet and they've been calling making sure that they have things that I can eat and that the other nthings they have won't bother me and I'm telling myself that I'll be just fine. It hasn't bothered me at home being around food I can't have so I'm hoping the same thing happens there.
WI# 2 today and still so excited. Have a great weekend everyone
What a nice family! Have a great time at your holiday dinner! I went to a family party last night where the only thing there I could eat was the salad I brought and there was nothing I could drink but water. Not that I expect them to cater to me (way too difficult with IP) because I don't at all. I just think it's nice that your family is so supportive!

I had what should have been a NSV this morning. The scale finally moved and I fit right into a pair of size 10 jeans that I've been saving for no less than 10 years to fit into again. They slid right on, and I looked in the mirror to find: UGLY! They looked terrible. Go figure... guess I need to buy something new and in style!
Old 10-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Bella, congrats on the great WI!
Thanks Busymom, I feel like alternatives are working fine. Have a great day
Old 10-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Hey, Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends.

Dollfacebella, I can not believe that any bullying is tolerated. Boy oh Boy, they are very strict about it here.

Pauley, that is so funny. Life does that sometimes, I am going this afternoon to see if I can find a couple (cheap) pants, the ones I have look silly. I have an extra 20% off at Kohls, so maybe I can find some on sale and take the extra off.

Gosh, I love all my IP friends, feel blessed.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #43  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

God morning or good afternoon everyone!! Congratulations to all the scale and NSV and good luck to those that have to weigh yet this week. Hope everyone is soon feeling better that is ill, glad to hear some are feeling better. I also wish all the bad things that some have going on for them will go away soon.
It is raining here today, most of the farmers are done with harvest and it is really dry here and we really need the rain. Others are hoping for a rain to get their canola to cure so they could harvest so hopefully everyone enjoys the moisture.
I am heading out to a Farmers Market soon, and then travelling tomorrow for Thanksgiving supper. The supper will not be IP friendly so will have the turkey and veggies there and take along my own lettuce salad in my shaker with WF dressing. Probably eat the salad in the truck before I go in just to avoid all the questions. DIL & son know about the program but it is at her parents house and the rest don't so will just be easier this way.
Wishing all Canadian IP'ers a Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels to all that are travelling. It is great to see so much support from family and friends on here when preparing meals and going out. It sure helps to have them like this instead of being negative as some of the members are having problems with.
Have a great weekend everyone!!

Last edited by grannyto2bear; 10-07-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #44  

Woohoo Bella! Great loss!
Old 10-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #45  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Hey ladies...
It's Fridayyyy!! Woo hoo. Even though I have to work all weekend. But its ok. It will help me stay on plan better... The best place I've been able to find some cheap clothes is Ross. I can find jeans for around 15 or so... But as far as work pants go. I've been sticking to my yoga pants. They haven't said anything yet!!
Closed Thread