3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Ketostix Strips

Old 10-14-2011, 01:34 PM   #16

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

The following is what I posted on the Daily Thread on Wednesday:
I just got back from weigh in number 5 and I'm down 3. something pounds - can't recall the exact number! Certainly about time since I was up last week.

My overall loss for 5 weeks isn't great - just over 12 lbs.
Hopefully this will be a better week especially since I haven't strayed at all.

I've decided to give up a few things until Friday so I can check another Ketostix as I'm hung up on the fact that it continually shows "negative". I've stopped having sugar-free metamucil (aspartame), gum (stride & dentyne fire), Realemon juice from concentrate & Moroccan-Style Mint tea which has stevia listed. Other than those things nothing else is questionable.

If the Ketostix still shows negative then I'll attribute it to the amount of water I drink per day.

Friday:
I tested another ketostix this morning and it is showing "trace". Also I've noticed that my urine has a strange smell, and no I haven't had asparagus.
Therefore, I'm thinking I'm finally in Ketosis after 5 weeks ......

Course since I gave all of the above up I'm not sure what the culprit was, also my coach removed all restrictives as she stated some people can't handle the extra carbs.

I can live without many of them if I could only have a piece of gum - that is what I need the most! Stride or Dentyne Fire?????? Debatable

I will continue to stay away from everything until my next weigh in on Wednesday to see if my numbers have improved.

REBOOT Jan 14/13 - 19 lbs to disappear!
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #17
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
I can live without many of them if I could only have a piece of gum - that is what I need the most! Stride or Dentyne Fire??????
Spry is the only chewing gum approved on IP. Most people get it via the internet and seem to like it a lot . Just a tiny word of caution: "Merck Manuals reports that when people are nervous they tend to swallow air, which can cause bloating, and anxiety can cause weight loss. Air swallowing can also be caused by chewing gum or smoking, but in general those activities do not cause weight loss."

Source: http://www.livestrong.com/article/33...h-weight-loss/
Old 10-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #18
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I did not like the Spry gum, it lasted about 10 mins if that then got hard. I chew extra peppermint. I have one slice a day, my coach said as long as it is sugarfree that I could have it.

fat 0%
SOdium 0%
total carbs 2g
sugars 0g
sugar alcohol 2g
protein 0g

has less than 2% aspartame

As long as she says its ok I am all about it

my YouTube videos, subscribe and you will be alerted when I post new ones
http://www.youtube.com/user/wuv2bloved?feature=guide
My continued Weight loss Journey https://www.facebook.com/CornerYourI...ghtLossJourney
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:13 PM   #19
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
The following is what I posted on the Daily Thread on Wednesday:
I just got back from weigh in number 5 and I'm down 3. something pounds - can't recall the exact number! Certainly about time since I was up last week.

My overall loss for 5 weeks isn't great - just over 12 lbs.
Hopefully this will be a better week especially since I haven't strayed at all.

I've decided to give up a few things until Friday so I can check another Ketostix as I'm hung up on the fact that it continually shows "negative". I've stopped having sugar-free metamucil (aspartame), gum (stride & dentyne fire), Realemon juice from concentrate & Moroccan-Style Mint tea which has stevia listed. Other than those things nothing else is questionable.

If the Ketostix still shows negative then I'll attribute it to the amount of water I drink per day.

Friday:
I tested another ketostix this morning and it is showing "trace". Also I've noticed that my urine has a strange smell, and no I haven't had asparagus.
Therefore, I'm thinking I'm finally in Ketosis after 5 weeks ......

Course since I gave all of the above up I'm not sure what the culprit was, also my coach removed all restrictives as she stated some people can't handle the extra carbs.

I can live without many of them if I could only have a piece of gum - that is what I need the most! Stride or Dentyne Fire?????? Debatable

I will continue to stay away from everything until my next weigh in on Wednesday to see if my numbers have improved.
some times the coaches just don't know...

I have been on IP for the last 7 days no extras, so no sweetners of any kind other than what is in the packets. No gum, no syrups, no Walden Farms, no extras... My coach stated to me that the coaches are being trained now to have their clients to have 1 restricted every day. I am doing phase 2 again to see if that boosts my loses again. Now for the gum... you never know it could be that but how do we prove it? especially since we both have cut out everything else... Good luck to you. unfortunately you may be a small loser which doesn't make anyone feel good.

progress pics updated Dec 8
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-new-post.html
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #20

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

My coach said Stride (any flavor) was ok as the aspartame content is very small, I tried the Dentyne Fire as many on this site said their coach approved that.

I found the Stride to be very hard and also lost its flavor very quickly whereas the Dentyne fire was much better and doesn't contain aspartame.

And then other coaches I've met said absolutely no gum - so at a loss.

REBOOT Jan 14/13 - 19 lbs to disappear!
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.