Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #31  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends! Hope you find some great recipes and enjoy that turkey.

Today I'm just busy working with my son (I homeschool) and then driving him around this afternoon to all of his after school activities. I try not to weigh myself here at home too often and really use my official weight loss number as what the scale at my coach's office says. But I did get on my scale today at home and it now says I'm officially out of the 250's. Very excited! My first real goal is to get under 240 because I came close last year, but never actually got there. Can't come too soon.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #32  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
that brings me to a question, i think someone said we're to have 8oz of protein at dinner right, is that just fish or all protein? I've been counting 8oz of beef and chicken too and wasn't sure if its right. I often measure my stuff after its cooked and i usually measure 6oz, would that be ok?
I have always been on at least 8oz of whatever protein I have for dinner.
I have actually been bumped up twice due to the amount of exercise I have been doing, I am now at 10oz for dinner plus a whey shake as soon as I get home from exercising which is another 52g of protein.

So for sure the 8oz is fine, but remember that is pre-cooked.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #33  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good job on the WI and on the 40 1/2lbs that is awesome! Glad to see you are hanging in there!

You are stressing yourslef out That is it missy Negtive Nelly in the closet along with the scale!! I have chased you with my rolling pin...OFF YOU GO NELLY!!! You have come too far to become this way over the last 2 weeks. I know you are having troubles and getting very aggravated but pull yourself together, YOU GOT THIS!! I am going to send you good vibes

Ok, off my soap box!!

I am happy to report another 5lbs and 1in GONE for me, so that makes 86lbs in 24week!!....NEXT week I SHOULD be out of the 300's...I did nothing different this week than last week. Last week was 1.5 and this week 5, your body just lets go whenever it decides too. There is NOTHING we can do to change that, THAT is what we have to face.

Now I am sending the whoosh fairy to everyone else for the rest of the week!! since we don't have a fairy smiley I thought I would use the instead....he has just has much power right???
5 pounds! Wowza! And you thought you were going to have a low week didn't you say? Nelly is scared now so hopefully she stays away. It will be easier to keep her locked up if this little guy would come see me.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #34  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Yea, I really did think I was going to have a slow week, I didn't feel any different. I did have a BIG cup of hot lemon water last night so maybe that really does help. Might wanna try that Itsabout!!....I boiled water and poured about 12ozs in a cup with 4tbs of lemon juice and drank it!...won't hurt to try will it?
Old 10-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 163/148.5/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswinter View Post
Good morning all! Hope those weighing in today have great successes.

Tomorrow is my first WI day so I'm pretty anxious. Still having a hard time getting all the water in.

Tried the pina colada drink for the first time last night and I liked it! I'm surprised by how many of the items I do actually like.

Have a great day everyone! It is mid-70's in the Chicagoland area so we are enjoying the last bit of warm weather while we can.
Good luck tomorrow! I am in the middle of my third week and am also quite surprised about how good everything tastes!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #36  
cinammon

S/C/G: 202.8/187.6/145

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandallismom View Post
Good morning everyone! Another crappy weather day here in the Maritimes. They are calling for SNOW tonight! I normally have WI today but the IP director for eastern Canada is at my clinic tomorrow and would like to meet me, so I have an extra day this week to lose but then that means not as many days next week when I go on Wednesday
I've decided that this weekend we will have a quiet Thanksgiving at home with husband and kids. We normally go to DH parents for a huge family gathering(about 65) for dinner. There is usually a room for desserts only and way too much food. For me, I'm not ready to be faced with that temptation and to have to explain to everyone what I can and cannot eat. Sometimes they are so critical and hard to deal with. My husband agrees, he would like to stay home. He is so supportive of me and this plan. He has changed his eating ways. No more fries for him . He has lost weight too and looks great!
Maybe I'll be ready by Christmas to go then for the huge family dinner.

So have a great day OP everyone and good luck to all who WI today.
You are so lucky to have a supportive husband willing to stay home. My husband's family is doing turkey but she knows of my restrictions and is going to to her cooked veggies according to what I'm allowed. I'm going to make a huge tossed salad and than have the turkey. I'm only 2weeks in so I'm not willing to risk it and the cost is to great to throw it away.

I like your dessert idea. Would you only use half of a pudding and half a bar so you are only counting this as your one snack?
Old 10-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #37  

Quote:
Yea, I really did think I was going to have a slow week, I didn't feel any different. I did have a BIG cup of hot lemon water last night so maybe that really does help. Might wanna try that Itsabout!!....I boiled water and poured about 12ozs in a cup with 4tbs of lemon juice and drank it!...won't hurt to try will it?
I bought a lemon so I will do this! Thanks for reminding me.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #38  

I have had several people on my friends list that posted this just today, I wanted to share it with y'all. I noticed yesterday that some of y'all have low self esteem by some of the things y'all wrote in the "3 things I want too do.." LOVE YOURSELF no matter what your size is.....

A while back, at the entrance of a gym, there was a picture of a very thin and beautiful woman. The caption was "This summer, do you want to be a mermaid or a whale?"

The story goes, a woman (of clothing size unknown) answered the following way:

"Dear people, whales are always surrounded by friends (dolphins, seals, curious humans), they are sexually active and raise their children with great tenderness.
They entertain like crazy with dolphins and eat lots of prawns. They swim all day and travel to fantastic places like Patagonia, the Barents Sea or the coral reefs of Polynesia.
They sing incredibly well and sometimes even are on cds. They are impressive and dearly loved animals, which everyone defend and admires.

Mermaids do not exist.

But if they existed, they would line up to see a psychologist because of a problem of split personality: woman or fish?
They would have no sex life and could not bear children.
Yes, they would be lovely, but lonely and sad.
And, who wants a girl that smells like fish by his side?

Without a doubt, I'd rather be a whale.

At a time when the media tells us that only thin is beautiful, I prefer to eat ice cream with my kids, to have dinner with my husband, to eat and drink and have fun with my friends.

We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn't enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies.
We are not fat, we are greatly cultivated.
Every time I see my curves in the mirror, I tell myself: "How amazing am I ?! "

(The girl on the picture is French model Tara Lynn)
By: Delphine Fieberg
Old 10-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up

Quote:
I am happy to report another 5lbs and 1in GONE for me, so that makes 86lbs in 24week!!....NEXT week I SHOULD be out of the 300's...I did nothing different this week than last week. Last week was 1.5 and this week 5, your body just lets go whenever it decides too. There is NOTHING we can do to change that, THAT is what we have to face.

Now I am sending the whoosh fairy to everyone else for the rest of the week!! since we don't have a fairy smiley I thought I would use the instead....he has just has much power right???
Oh man. I wish I had remembered the lemon water idea... next week.
My coach brought in a new scale today to my office and it said I had lost -6lbs...I think it's a little generous. So I went to my nurse here at work and tried her scale, it said more like -3lbs, so I am going with that.
I want to ne at 145 before wedding next weekend, I think I'll achieve that, no problem!!

Wooshes to everyone!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #40  

Height: 5'7'

Oh boy! I Have a wedding to go to in two weeks with nothing to wear. Over lunch I went out and found a beautiful little black dress. It is SKIN TIGHT on me today. I hope that between IP and spanx it will fit
Old 10-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #41  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
I have had several people on my friends list that posted this just today, I wanted to share it with y'all. I noticed yesterday that some of y'all have low self esteem by some of the things y'all wrote in the "3 things I want too do.." LOVE YOURSELF no matter what your size is.....

A while back, at the entrance of a gym, there was a picture of a very thin and beautiful woman. The caption was "This summer, do you want to be a mermaid or a whale?"

"Dear people, whales are always surrounded by friends (dolphins, seals, curious humans), they are sexually active and raise their children with great tenderness.
They entertain like crazy with dolphins and eat lots of prawns. They swim all day and travel to fantastic places like Patagonia, the Barents Sea or the coral reefs of Polynesia.
They sing incredibly well and sometimes even are on cds. They are impressive and dearly loved animals, which everyone defend and admires.

Mermaids do not exist.

But if they existed, they would line up to see a psychologist because of a problem of split personality: woman or fish?

At a time when the media tells us that only thin is beautiful, I prefer to eat ice cream with my kids, to have dinner with my husband, to eat and drink and have fun with my friends.

We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn't enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies.

I saw this on Facebook this morning... I also think that it is very true... I have a few "skinny" friends. and they really are more lonely then larger women..
Old 10-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Quote:
You are so close to a major goal, being in the 200's!!! Congratulations....where did you hear about drinking the hot water with lemon!! What is it supposed to do.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:

Mermaids do not exist.

I think your October photo should be taken next week when you hit the 200s!!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 01:17 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 163/148.5/115

Height: 5'2"

I have a wedding in two weeks too! I am hoping for the same goal 145lbs. I am wearing a dress I wore to a formal affair in March when I was 163 so it should have some wiggle room

Last edited by DezD; 10-05-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
I think your October photo should be taken next week when you hit the 200s!!!!!!!!
Well I have a hair appointment on Tuesday and I WI on Wednesday so I think you are right, I will take an update photo next Wednesday
Closed Thread