Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/4

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 10-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Good morning!!

Wow, I did not get enough sleep to say that! Lol! I had orders coming in I was trying to get done until about midnight, then I didn't realize hubby opened the window so one thing after another woke me up, then the 3 year old fell out of bed. It was just one of those nights that you don't think is ever going to end.

Got on the scale this morning though and I'm down another full pound from yesterday's official WI. My scale is heavier than my clinics, but I'm like an addict, I can't stop weighing myself!! My coach also e-mailed me my pictures last night. Wow, that sure was an eye opener! I can tell an improvement already, but I also realized how far I have to go. I wish I had taken face pics like Wuv, because I could actually see a difference in my face (and my coach commented on it) whereas I didn't think I had any weight to lose there.

Well I'm off to a moms group meeting this morning. Funny this is I know there will be all kinds of yummy off plan food there and to be honest I'm really no longer worried. I've made it a full month without a single cheat, and I am not about to start cheating myself. I might throw my lunch bar in my purse just in case, but really I want to save that for lunch so I doubt I'll even have that.

Good luck to everyone!! Have a great OP day!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Have a great OP day everyone!

Remain strong!
Jo
Old 10-04-2011, 08:12 AM   #4  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

NavyMom..Down another pound from the your 4 on WI..You are doing it! It does get easier to go to social situations and just know that you can handle it being OP.
I am down 2 pounds unoffically and happy about it. My goal is getting closer.

I was very glad to read that others here want to here about the other Phases. I am doing well on week 2 of Phase 2. It takes some getting used to as I still miss my lunch packets..really wanted chips for lunch..but you get used to it.

Wildflower..good luck on your first day of Phase 3. Let us know how it goes. I know it is scary. I am looking for low carb foods for Phase 3. I have found some pancake mixes and a Pita bread on Netrition.com.

2Ridearollercoaster: I am thinking it will be a cold winter also. I was interested to read that others feel the cold more in maintenance initially.

I was also happy to read that others are shopping and find new clothes!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone. Enjoy an OP day.

Last edited by Maile; 10-04-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

think4me - The last few days I have been having really loud embarrassing stomach noises that you can hear across the room! I can also feel the rumbles and they are quite uncomfortable.
Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea what causes it or how to get rid of it?

My stomach makes lots of rumbling and noises too, all the time. Assumed it was just digestive noises.

Last edited by Busymomx4; 10-04-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/151/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! I'm down another 4 pounds from last week's WI! I'm going to try hard to lose this last 16 pounds before my hysterectomy on Nov 29! it's amazing how much easier it gets as time goes by. The ladies in my office do McDonalds everyday and the smell no longer bothers me... Plus I see what they look like when they walk by my desk and it is a friendly reminder that I don't want to look like that again!

Here's to a fantabulous OP day!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:45 AM   #7  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Good morning everone! Yesterday I worked my tail off reorganizing my closet. I had previously stored a bunch of clothes that didn't fit, thinking I would have a garage sale at some point. Thank goodness for my hectic life! I never had that opportunity. So, I know I'm a little OCD by the way my closet is normally organized, now it's also arranged by size, biggest to smallest to size 12 mainly, with a few size 10 pants to keep me motivated. That way, I shouldn't have to dig for things to wear in the near future. It's all laid out, just waiting for me to get there. As things no longer fit, there is an empty storage container for them to go in. I've decided that I am giving all of my larger sizes to a friend I met here, who is also on a journey to a new body. One of the side effects of losing weight is not having anything to wear and not wanting to spend a ton of money on transition clothes. Well, I felt like I went on a massive shopping spree yesterday. It was a lot of work, but I felt so proud of my losses so far and so glad to have some different things to wear, things that actually fit. I can't remember the last time I actually enjoyed trying on clothes. Before IP, that would depress me.

I can't wait for my WI this Thursday! I hope everyone has a happy, OP day!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:47 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7'

I Just had a rtd mango for breakfast but I added about 8 oz of water to it because It is so thick. Yummy way to start my OP day.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:47 AM   #9  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

Navymommy, I am like you, I weigh myself daily or else I go crazy. Congratulations on your loss and good for you that you are not tempted to eat anything off plan .

I lost 2 pounds from the 5 pounds I gained over the weekend, I am sticking to the program like crazy now, I am paranoid to not even get anything off program into my mouth.

The past couple of days, I made celery roots fries, and oh my God! Why didn't I learn about them before? They are much more than yummy, so delicious, I can dare to say that I even liked them better than the real potato fries! (I cannot believe I am saying that, lol). But really, I tried turnips and rutabaga fries before, I often do rutabaga into chips in the oven and I like them, but that was the first time I tried with the celery roots and I hope I can always find them in the grocery so I can buy them and treat myself to such a delicious yummy flavour.

It is only Tuesday, and I feel like I can't wait for the weekend, even though it is going to be a challenging one, this time, I will make it, I will stick to my diet 100%, I have my step daughter's birthday and thanksgiving to survive but I know I will, it is a promise.

Hope everyone is doing well, keep up the good work
Old 10-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 221.2/211.8/150

Good morning everyone! Down a full pound since my WI yesterday! So Excited! I had a hysterectomy a long time ago so I really don't know when my TOM is anymore, but I have to wonder if it wasn't last week when I struggled and only lost 0.6. Regardless, I am happy this morning! Have a great day everybody!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #11  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
think4me - The last few days I have been having really loud embarrassing stomach noises that you can hear across the room! I can also feel the rumbles and they are quite uncomfortable.
Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea what causes it or how to get rid of it?

My stomach makes lots of rumbling and noises too, all the time. Assumed it was just digestive noises.

I think a lot of the noises are probably gas, caused by the increase of vegetables in your diet. A friend of mine who started IP before I did warned me of this, but I haven't really had a problem with it. I don't know what anti-gas products are IP safe, but you may want to check into some of those, especially if there is discomfort.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:52 AM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning. Lots of good losses going on here. Can't say the same for myself! I was up a little again this morning. I'm not going to let it bring me down just yet but that is exactly why I only record here on Thursdays. I'm still down a little from last week but not much. I was hoping for a huge week since last week sucked so bad. Come on woosh fairy, I know you're out there and you have 2 days to make it to my house!

Good luck to those weighing in today and good luck to those who are starting new phases.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #13  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post

Hi there,

Yes, it happens to me, last Sunday, it got loud and embarassing, but I guessed it was because of the big cheat I had, I assumed it was all the wrong food I pigged out on.

I am not quite sure how to get rid of it, maybe try to have green tea, this might help.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #14  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Thanks to everyone on their comments of my NSV yesterday. I am still happy from hearing how great I looked! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
I Just had a rtd mango for breakfast but I added about 8 oz of water to it because It is so thick. Yummy way to start my OP day.
I love the rtd Mango, I will have to try it with some water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post

The past couple of days, I made celery roots fries, and oh my God! Why didn't I learn about them before? They are much more than yummy, so delicious, I can dare to say that I even liked them better than the real potato fries! (I cannot believe I am saying that, lol). But really, I tried turnips and rutabaga fries before, I often do rutabaga into chips in the oven and I like them, but that was the first time I tried with the celery roots and I hope I can always find them in the grocery so I can buy them and treat myself to such a delicious yummy flavour.
I will have to try those!

Last edited by JodiM; 10-04-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Maile, I just looked at your ticker -- WOW! I needed a little extra inspiration today and that was it.

PaintLady, I aspire to be as organized as you. In my head I am, but in reality, not so much.

Down 2 more pounds for my "official" home weigh in this morning. I am going for a fasting blood draw today to check my kidney function, iron levels, etc. That means no coffee or anything for me this morning. Bleh.

Enjoy the day!
Closed Thread